NFL DISCUSSION - 2011 -

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    mylatency said:
    chargers

2nd favorite team and my Madden team of choice.

• anyone successfully stream NFL games (preferably free)?

• FrankieMeltzer said:
    Bruschi has earned the right to say a few things.

He's the Curt Schilling of the Patriots, fuck him, racist piece of shit windbag.

• Fair enough, as long as you're with the piece of shit windbag part!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    First off???Bruschi was definitely blowing things way out of proportion, clearly in order to make a name for himself as an analyst. But the core sentiment that the Patriots find consistent success because of their organizational culture of always striving to outprepare and outwork the opposition is sound. It's definitely too early to jump on dude about not adopting that philosophy???training camp was short, it's an extremely complex system, and we just don't know how much he's actually picking up and how hard he's pushing to get up to speed. In the end, I think it's more of a personality clash???Bruschi was not the sort to engage in Ocho-type media engagement while a player, and I think it just rankles him on general principles. I don't think it has anything to do with racism. It's more "you're not doing it the way I did it and was taught was the right way to do it, so you must be wrong."

• I think Teddy is having a hard time adjusting to the fact that he's not in the game and not a Patriot anymore.

Chad just joined the team and seems to have a good attitude, the last thing he needs is some old-timer looking over his shoulder saying "NO YOU'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT! THAT'S NOT THE WAY I DID IT!".

Let the dude go through his own learning process.

B/W

It's not at all unusual for players on, say, the Yankees to marvel over being on the same team as Mariano Rivera, and nobody calls them on it. It doesn't mean that you don't see yourself as part of the team.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Yeah, Chad's a loser and all that, but Bruschi's just being a douche here, trying to stir up shit so people will pay attention to ESPN National Football League Analyst Teddy Bruschi.

• If anything, Bruschi's causing more of a disruption with his reaction to the tweet than the actual tweet itself. Being in awe doesn't mean that you are a spectator. I'm sure members of the Bulls were in awe of Michael Jordan when he made game-winning shots or dunked over Ewing or scored 50+ points in a game. I'm sure the Brazilian National Team was in awe every time Pele touched the soccer ball.

I think that Chad was onto something when he made that tweet calling Brady a machine. Listening to Bruschi and Harrison talk made me fell like the Patriots are programmed to not have any sentiments or be amazed at anything.

incompletejigsaw said:

I think that Chad was onto something when he made that tweet calling Brady a machine. Listening to Bruschi and Harrison talk made me fell like the Patriots are programmed to not have any sentiments or be amazed at anything.

During the game, that's exactly the point. Don't let emotions get in the way of doing your job and executing to the best of your ability. Of course, Belichik also espouses a an off-field doctrine of being veiled with the media that doesn't really allow his players to express what I'm sure are the same emotions as every other player.

• DB_Cooper said:
    incompletejigsaw said:

During the game, that's exactly the point. Don't let emotions get in the way of doing your job and executing to the best of your ability. Of course, Belichik also espouses a an off-field doctrine of being veiled with the media that doesn't really allow his players to express what I'm sure are the same emotions as every other player.

Exactly. During the game he should do his job. He didn't do the best job that he could, but considering this is a brand new kind of football for him, I understand. It's the AFTER that got to me. We would all be siding with Bruschi if the tweet was something about him needing to get more passes or him thinking of a new nickname to use as a Patriot, but he was just in AWE.

Bruschi's complaint was Shakespeare. Much Ado About Nothing.

incompletejigsaw said:

Bruschi's complaint was Shakespeare. Much Ado About Nothing.

I hear you. At least you didn't go with "A tale told by an idiot???full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

b/w

This is completely beside the point and entirely the wrong thread and/or venue, but I don't think most people can fully comprehend Faulkner, even now.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Patriots drama is the gayest shit not named Bret Favrre to have ever hit football.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Bruschi needs to chillax or he'll have another stroke. He seems/sounds like an angry dude on TV and on WEEI although he had a great career and is getting some bank for being on TV. He needs to get Steve Young or Mark Schlereth widdit and enjoy the ride.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Uh, oh. Trouble in paradise with the Cowboys' fans:

] [/

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Uh, oh. Trouble in paradise with the Cowboys' fans:

] [/

I hope the people reading this won't think that all Texans are like that dude.

Only 31% of Texans are like that guy.

17% are just like the Slingblade dude and 52% could pass for Beetlejuice from the Howard Stern Show.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    RAJ said:
    This new NFL Network anchor is hard to look at.

He looks like the bastard son of Steve Young and Joe Montana.

• Uh, oh. Trouble in paradise with the Cowboys' fans:

] [/

That was the longest wrestling promo I've ever seen.

• Dear lord, having to watch the Jaguars on television is just so hard.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    No dancing and hugging on the sidelines for the Ravens today?

My Skins keep rollin'!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    RAJ said:
    No dancing and hugging on the sidelines for the Ravens today?

We got handled on both sides of the ball today. Kudos to Tenn for sticking it to us.

The adjustment we need to make is putting Flacco in the shotgun more often. He looks way more comfortable from that position.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    Andrew Luck to the Chiefs next year! Losing 3 of your best players for the year in a span of 3 weeks sucks!

• The Eagles need to get their shit together.

• Bon Vivant said:
    My Skins keep rollin'!

HAIL! Now that it's Dallas Week, my brother and I will not be talking to each other until next week Monday.

• debar said:
    Andrew Luck to the Chiefs next year! Losing 3 of your best players for the year in a span of 3 weeks sucks!

And losing 2 games in a row by 30+ points? That is Must Not See TV.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I foresee a Matty Ice split kick animated gif in the future. If these 2 teams don't get some O Line stiffening the people behind those respective O Lines are gonna have a long fucking year.

incompletejigsaw said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    My Skins keep rollin'!

HAIL! Now that it's Dallas Week, my brother and I will not be talking to each other until next week Monday.

With Austin, Romo, and F. Jones, hurting, I'm liking our chances.

• Bon Vivant said:
    incompletejigsaw said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    My Skins keep rollin'!

With Austin, Romo, and F. Jones, hurting, I'm liking our chances.

I like our chances too, but it's Dallas Week. You never know how things are going to play out. At least we don't have to deal with Marion Barber anymore now that they're pushing Felix Jones to be an every-down back. But if they can make Alex Smith look somewhat good, I'm sure we'll make it interesting.