NFL DISCUSSION - 2011 -

Comments

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Skins looking good!

Bitch please. Giants just sucked today. There goes our 6 game win streak.

You all know week 1 ain't shit, talk to me about your team after week 5.

Rex for Prez.

• Romo meltdowns seem to be becoming the norm.

Watched AZ vs CAR from beginning to end. Verrry entertaining game. Cam looks *legit*. He was throwing BBs out there. Could be a star is born. I've never seen anything like it. And on the other side of the ball, my LSU Tiger PPeterson paid dividends immediately with a sick-ass punt return.

Back to SNF, even when the Jets were down 14, I never thought they'd lose. The Romo headfirst dive was laughable. He just makes consistently bad decisions and at amazingly inopportune times. Sanchez is such a mixed bag, but he made the plays when he had to.

I think Kenny Britt will have 13-15 TDs this year as long as he doesn't get suspended for doing something boneheaded off the field.

Can't wait for the Monday Night doubleheader.

GenePontecorvo said:

I think Kenny Britt will have 13-15 TDs this year as long as he doesn't get suspended for doing something boneheaded off the field.

Hasselbeck should be able to get him the ball.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    Have I mentioned lately that I hate Tony Romo?

Hey Frankie,

I feel like I'm reliving the "Danny White era" again, except this time, it's post-Aikman. I don't think Romo can get us over the hump.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Classic Tony Oh-NO!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Skins looking good!

I actually picked your boy Eli "I'm on the same level as Tom Brady" Manning for my SS fantasy football team. He did OK yesterday. If they keep having to battle back from behind, I foresee a year of big-time passing stats.

Sad Trombone stat of the week:

McNabb with 39 passing yards!

• DB_Cooper said:
    Eli "I'm on the same level as Tom Brady" Manning

What a joke this guy. Long year indeed.

• Bon Vivant said:
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Skins looking good!

Rex for Prez.

And Hightower as a Running Mate. He didn't have a big RUNNING GAME, but his all-around performance from pass-catching and pass protection blocking made a big difference. Plus, his running forced the Giants to overcommit in the box, leading to a lot of play-action plays and long pass attempts to Gaffney, Moss, Armstrong and Davis.

• RAJ said:

With stats like that, I still don't know how they lost by only 7.

Garcia_Vega said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    Eli "I'm on the same level as Tom Brady" Manning

What a joke this guy. Long year indeed.

He actually outpaced his projection yesterday with 15 points. That running touchdown was the ticket. I figured I needed to pick up a major NY player at some point for my fantasy team since I get all the NY games with my rabbit ears. Gives me a reason to watch the Giants.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    How did Tampa Bay and Kansas City both manage to get worse over the course of the off-season?

HarveyCanal said:
    How did Tampa Bay and Kansas City both manage to get worse over the course of the off-season?

The only thing worse than a bad team is a bad team that hasn't practiced enough together. Lack of talent plus lack of coaching equals godawful.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    They were both good teams last year though, and to my eyes each have plenty of talent. I kinda expected somewhat of a drop-off for Tampa as they really overachieved last season. But KC looking like total shit yesterday really has me scratching my head.

RAJ said:

I saw that on the NBC ticker and thought it was a misprint.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

KC thrived on an incredibly easy schedule last year, so they are going to be exposed badly this time around. I think Tampa Bay will get it together, they were decent last year even though they had a ton of injuries. They just need some time to gel.

It's week one, people!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    RAJ said:
    It's week one, people!

Tell that to the Shove Boat

Regards,

Hillbilly Hot Dogs

• Rockadelic said:
    RAJ said:
    It's week one, people!

Regards,

Hillbilly Hot Dogs

:oh_snap:

b/w

it was great having Sunday football again. excited to see how tonight pans out. first time in a long time i will be rooting for, let alone watching, Mr. Brady.

Rockadelic said:
    RAJ said:
    It's week one, people!

Regards,

Hillbilly Hot Dogs

:sonned:

Bon Vivant said:
    RAJ said:

dp

• LOL! Jaws just dropped a SHIT on the Disney Network.

• That Brady 99 yrd pass was crazy. He lazer beamed that thing.

• FrankieMeltzer said:
    FunkyFlatulent said:
    That Brady 99 yrd pass was crazy. He lazer beamed that thing.

If Eli was watching that game he's been made aware that there's nobody on Brady's level other than Brady.

517 YARDS PASSING? And the MVP goes to...

• Garcia_Vega said:

Thank you.

What's with the arrogance?

Patriots haven't won a playoff game in almost four years. Their last ring was almost a decade ago. Get over yourself.

This new NFL Network anchor is hard to look at.
    Attached files

• FrankieMeltzer said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

Thank you.

Patriots haven't won a playoff game in almost four years. Their last ring was almost a decade ago. Get over yourself.

Bruschi has earned the right to say a few things. Ex-Cowboys seem to pop off with things like this every other week and no one even blinks.

But I think this was unfair of Bruschi at this point. One game is too soon and Ochocinco has been, from all accounts, working hard. He'll either get it or he won't, but it's not like this offense needs him to catch 80 balls to be great.

The meeeedjia curse got to him too. ESPN is just one show or personality trying to be more bombastic than the other show or personality on their own network/s.

• GenePontecorvo said:
    FrankieMeltzer said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Garcia_Vega said:

Thank you.

Bruschi has earned the right to say a few things. Ex-Cowboys seem to pop off with things like this every other week and no one even blinks.

But I think this was unfair of Bruschi at this point. One game is too soon and Ochocinco has been, from all accounts, working hard. He'll either get it or he won't, but it's not like this offense needs him to catch 80 balls to be great.

The meeeedjia curse got to him too. ESPN is just one show or personality trying to be more bombastic than the other show or personality on their own network/s.

I understand the whole "Patriot Way" of doing things and how they're known for keeping all things in-house, but Chad didn't even tweet anything that would even remotely bring about division in the locker room. I wonder why Bruschi didn't tell Danny Woodhead last year to stop trying to sell his jerseys at Foot Locker and get his head back into the playbook.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    chargers