GenePontecorvo said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

fusk yeah.

that was awesome.

big brass ones this year.

FIRST ORGASM, HUH?

u can have that. i'll give you a kidd-like dish.

I don't need it. I've seen my teams win so many championships I've lost count. I know you're stuck at 1.

It gets better, DAWG. Don't be so insecure.

wtf? later for you, buzzkill.

• Options
    GenePontecorvo said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

fusk yeah.

that was awesome.

big brass ones this year.

FIRST ORGASM, HUH?

u can have that. i'll give you a kidd-like dish.

I don't need it. I've seen my teams win so many championships I've lost count. I know you're stuck at 1.

It gets better, DAWG. Don't be so insecure.

wtf? later for you, buzzkill.

If you were secure in your buzz you'd just. be laughing.

It will all be okay, superpuppy. Sports are supposed to be fun, remember?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    dont take the bait.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    batmon said:
    dont take the bait.

post-game hot tub over here.

• Options
    batmon said:
    dont take the bait.

No bait. I'm amazed by what Dirk is doing. This is history happening.

Mavs fans should enjoy the ride, too.

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    Wow what an epic collapse. This reminds me of what the jailblazers did against my lakers who went on to win the whole thing. Maybe this is dallas's year, but i still dont see them beating the heat, possibly the bulls but not lebrizzle and crew. Either way great fucking game; an instant classic! Gonna be sad as hell if these idiots lock out next yr..,,

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Trade westbrook for a premium, top-10 point guard. Harden to start at the 2.

Westbrook is just NOT a point guard and I think they will fail if they keep pushing it on him.

mattB said:

Westbrook is just NOT a point guard and I think they will fail if they keep pushing it on him.

name the top 10 pg and give me a scenario on how any franchise would swap their premium for Westbrook.

batmon said:
    mattB said:

name the top 10 pg and give me a scenario on how any franchise would swap their premium for Westbrook.
    The comment wasnt thought out much. I cant right now. But westbrook obviously has huge trade value.
    And the fact that they can start Harden at the 2... there has gotta be some possibilities there.
    Cause I just dont like Westbrook at the point. AT ALL.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Unathletic Mavs close out the game on a 29-6 run.

Smarts, Experience & Fundamentals > Athleticism

Dirk showed the world last night what we in Dallas have been knowin.

Go Heat!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i don't want want westbrook to end up on a bullshit team marbury style but i agree
    he forced shit late but the whole team collapsed
    Dirk's shooting was ridiculous

mattB said:
    batmon said:
    mattB said:

The comment wasnt thought out much. I cant right now. But westbrook obviously has huge trade value.
    And the fact that they can start Harden at the 2... there has gotta be some possibilities there.
    Cause I just dont like Westbrook at the point. AT ALL.

I would keep Westbrook and get a veteran Combo Guard that could play alongside WB like Delonte West, to relieve him of distribution duties. Just like Eric Snow was for Iverson.

Or if your looking to trade for a non-top 10 Ten premium pass first PG then they could do that.

Or:
    Nash/TJ Ford/West/Lawson/Bell/Price/Luke Ridenhour/Brandon Jennings is "available".
    Westbrook
    Durant
    Ibaka
    Perk
    (Harden 6th man)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i think you hit it on the money batmon, i had not considered it that way
    harden is better off the bench, the eric snow comparison is right on
    nash would make them instant contenders and could allow him to get his
    TJ ford would be a great fit
    i would add anthony carter/jared jack
    you should PM the OKC front office

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    keithvanhorn said:

dallas is done, sorry. experience is over rated, ask the lakers.

westbrook must have had words with brooks. there is no way he deserved to be out the whole quarter. look for him to drop 30 next game or dish out a ton of assists.

in 2011, athleticism > smarts.

WORD, DOG?????????????

i'll eat my words on dallas being done, but not the comment about athleticism. okc, a team made up of young bucks, had a 15 point lead over dallas, a team with two guaranteed future hof's, with 5 minutes to go. the fact that okc is in the western conference finals (along with chicago) shows that the league has changed.

keithvanhorn said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    keithvanhorn said:

westbrook must have had words with brooks. there is no way he deserved to be out the whole quarter. look for him to drop 30 next game or dish out a ton of assists.

WORD, DOG?????????????

i'll eat my words on dallas being done, but not the comment about athleticism. okc, a team made up of young bucks, had a 15 point lead over dallas, a team with two guaranteed future hof's, with 5 minutes to go. the fact that okc is in the western conference finals (along with chicago) shows that the league has changed.

Were the Spurs, Lakers, and any of the last decade's real contenders LESS "ATHLETIC" than Chicago, OKC, Memphis, and whatever "new NBA" team you present?

The Lakers, Celtics,and Spurs were part of the old guard and time got to them. I dont see this "shift" as any different when an era gets old.

Rose/Westbrook is so MUCH more athletic than Kobe,Wade,Ginobli,Rondo, etc in their first 3 seasons?

pcmr said:
    i think you hit it on the money batmon, i had not considered it that way
    harden is better off the bench, the eric snow comparison is right on
    nash would make them instant contenders and could allow him to get his
    TJ ford would be a great fit
    i would add anthony carter/jared jack
    you should PM the OKC front office

Yeah Jared Jack is what im talkin about. Off the bench or sharing the backcourt.

Last night i saw Kidd playing the 2 w/ Barea at the 1.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    batmon said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    keithvanhorn said:

WORD, DOG?????????????

Were the Spurs, Lakers, and any of the last decade's real contenders LESS "ATHLETIC" than Chicago, OKC, Memphis, and whatever "new NBA" team you present?

The Lakers, Celtics,and Spurs were part of the old guard and time got to them. I dont see this "shift" as any different when an era gets old.
    Rose/Westbrook is so MUCH more athletic than Kobe,Wade,Ginobli,Rondo, etc in their first 3 seasons?

no. there's not thaaat much difference between the athleticism of any current nba team. my point was made right after the the debate about old pros v. new pros. the extension being, not only are current athletes far superior than the player's of yesterday, but when a current team's athleticism starts depleting, their experience won't always be a saving grace (i.e., experience is overrated in 2011 nba playoffs).

keithvanhorn said:
    batmon said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    GenePontecorvo said:
    keithvanhorn said:

WORD, DOG?????????????

no. there's not thaaat much difference between the athleticism of any current nba team. my point was made right after the the debate about old pros v. new pros. the extension being, not only are current athletes far superior than the player's of yesterday, but when a current team's athleticism starts depleting, their experience won't always be a saving grace (i.e., experience is overrated in 2011 nba playoffs).

And Athleticsm is also overrated and isnt a teams 'saving grace' as well.
    Your the only one stuck on this yin vs yang idea. Its really tired.

OKC showed no poise after athletically dominating for three quarters.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    batmon said:
    OKC showed no poise after athletically dominating for three quarters.

This. OKC was up 15 with 5 minutes to go; there's no excuse for losing in that situation. They blew it.

But it must be said again: Dirk is ballin' outta control. Some of the shots dude is making are :face_melt:

Heard this on the radio today and it really puts what the Mavs did last night into perspective.

Over the last 10 years there have been over 5,000 games in the NBA where a team trailed by 15 or more points with 5 minutes left in the game.....and last night was the ONLY instance where the trailing team came back to win!

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    Heard this on the radio today and it really puts what the Mavs did last night into perspective.

Over the last 10 years there have been over 5,000 games in the NBA where a team trailed by 15 or more points with 5 minutes left in the game.....and last night was the ONLY instance where the trailing team came back to win!

Incredible. The Celtics came back from 21 down to beat the Nets in a playoff game in 2002, but they had the whole quarter to work with. That Mavs win just might be the second best playoff comeback in any sport.

wow

• fckvwlsfckvwls 178 Posts
    Heat vs mavs final will be epic, and in 3D! Btw please tell me the lakers didnt just sign mike brown?!?

turnovers. ouch.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    mattB said:
    turnovers. ouch.

yep so many only in the fist half
    and a couple of made 3s there would have been no overtime

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Bird v Magic finals

edpowers said:
    Bird v Magic finals

I can see that.

b/w

Who would win in a series between these two and those Bird/Magic teams?

Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:
    Bird v Magic finals

I can see that.

b/w

i still go with the old school teams.

No one has an answer fo either of the better players, but the Heat bench is soft.

Dallas bench vs Lakers and Celtics benches.......?

Bird,Dirk,Magic,Lebron,Wade,Worthy,Kareem,DJ,Bosh,McHale,Kidd,Parish............

This Heat team while talented hasnt been together that long. And i think they are weak on the interior defense.
    The have not faced a post threat yet during their run. Brand, Garnett and Boozer arent killin it.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    edpowers said:
    Bird v Magic finals

I can see that.

b/w

The '86 Celtics would not have a problem beating either team. The '87 Lakers wouldn't, either.

Five games, tops, either way.