NBA PLAYOFFS BATCHES!

Comments

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    Mavs get OKC which I think is the better match-up for Dallas.

Marc Gasol > Kendrick Perkins

Perkins can't be anywhere near as productive as he was in Boston because it's a much more high speed and spread out offense.

A long lay-off for an older team like Dallas could give needed rest, or it could cool off their hot shooting and make them a little rusty.

Looking forward to Game One Tuesday.

Perkins wasn't really productive for Boston. He was just effective.

I'll take the Perkins/Chandler matchup in favor of Perkins all day long. But I do think Dallas has a better bench, and it might be just a year too soon for OKC.

Should be a great series.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i want to see Lebron in the post more often and facilitate from the post as well. Bosh can still float and do his thang.

Kidd is gonna have a hard time with NutBrook.

Terry vs Harden

let Rose do his thang stop the other muthafuckas. get him to take all the shots and freeze the help.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Am I the only person who really wants to Jason Kidd to win a championship? Is there a movement going on for that? Is there a chance Jamal Mashburn and Jim Jackson can get in on this too?

Im all for Kidd getting a ring, before Lebron,Westbrook,Durant, Rose, and Bibby, but life aint fair.

• Options
    I don't care if Kidd ever gets a ring. He's always been a major league douchebag.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    I don't care if Kidd ever gets a ring. He's always been a major league douchebag.

but has he let his game fall of more than mike bibby? no. the two of them should have a race with the loser being crowned slowest pg in the league.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    what's all this dwight howard to the lakers business?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:

but has he let his game fall of more than mike bibby? no. the two of them should have a race with the loser being crowned slowest pg in the league.

Kidd was fourth in the NBA in Assists and second behind only Chris Paul in Assist to Turnover ratio in 2011.

Bibby is not in the Top 30 of either.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:

Kidd was fourth in the NBA in Assists and second behind only Chris Paul in Assist to Turnover ratio in 2011.

If Miami and Dallas meet in the Finals it will still be the worst PG matchup in Finals living memory, though. Strange, considering how this is now supposed to be a PG-dominated league.

i can separate a players offcourt stuff from his on court performance. i could care less if a dude cheats on his wife.

i watch basketball.

NomoreGarciaparra said:
    Rockadelic said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:

If Miami and Dallas meet in the Finals it will still be the worst PG matchup in Finals living memory, though. Strange, considering how this is now supposed to be a PG-dominated league.

Crazy talk.

One is a Finals MVP and the other is a sure fire HOF'er.....both were in the Top 5 Assists in the League in 2011.

I judge a PG on Assists and Turnovers.......Kidd is still one of the best even at 38 years old....Stats don't lie.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the playoff experience, good decisions an ''calming'' effect he has on the team added to the turnover ratio makes him a great PG...he may have slowed down over the years...but look at his career
    this is the worst PG in the L...please be serious.
    Bibby is a defensive liability but at this point he's there to be a shooter/facilitator nothing more

• Options
    batmon said:
    i can separate a players offcourt stuff from his on court performance. i could care less if a dude beats on his wife.

Fixed it for you.

I hear you, but Kidd's game has been boring as hell for years now.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    Rockadelic said:
    keithvanhorn said:
    NomoreGarciaparra said:

Crazy talk.

One is a Finals MVP and the other is a sure fire HOF'er.....both were in the Top 5 Assists in the League in 2011.

I judge a PG on Assists and Turnovers.......Kidd is still one of the best even at 38 years old....Stats don't lie.

Assists are all Kidd has left, unfortunately. That 36% shooting is another stat that doesn't lie. Or the big whopping 77 free throws he attempted all year.

It would have been a good matchup in 2006, sure. Not now.

• Options
    pcmr said:
    the playoff experience, good decisions an ''calming'' effect he has on the team added to the turnover ratio makes him a great PG...he may have slowed down over the years...but look at his career
    this is the worst PG in the L...please be serious.

Who said anything about worst in the league?

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    GO MAVS

No more old PGs this series. We gonna need a "tight paint".

Let's go for it, Dirk!!!

[Assists are all Kidd has left, unfortunately. That 36% shooting is another stat that doesn't lie. Or the big whopping 77 free throws he attempted all year.

It would have been a good matchup in 2006, sure. Not now.

On the right team your PG doesn't need to shoot.

i wouldnt weigh the okc dallas matchup at pg as crucial.

westbrook could learn a thing or three on how to get dudes involved from kidd.

westbrook is going to blowby anyone in a matchup, but gettin the role players involved is more important.

dallas plays very good balanced team ball and isnt reliant on one dude shooting 35 times a night.

perkins vs chandler is more interesting to me. who is gonna anchor the interior more.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Kidd has never been able to shoot since college days. That being said he's still one of the most dominant PGs to play the game. No flash these days, but still effective. Bibby doesn't even play that much anymore.

Kidd actually beat his wife as well which was caught on a 911 call.

westbrook needs to stop forcing shit.

go old men!!

48 12-15 24-24

That was a crazy ass game. It seemed like Dallas was serving up an old fashioned ass whooping, but then the Thunder would not go away.

motown67 said:
    That was a crazy ass game. It seemed like Dallas was serving up an old fashioned ass whooping, but then the Thunder would not go away.

I like the Thunder and of course Durant a lot......but when your 3 best players are 22 and younger it's tough to beat a good veteran team.

• Options
    Rockadelic said:
    motown67 said:

I like the Thunder and of course Durant a lot......but when your 3 best players are 22 and younger it's tough to beat a good veteran team.

True, but I'll be genuinely surprised if this series doesn't go 7. Dallas has a problem with its starters. Three of them are incompetent offensively.

Dirk had an awesome game and Barea and Terry were superb. I don't know how you avoid giving Barea more minutes at the expense of Kidd going forward.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    dirk was unstoppable even with the ibaka faceguard

also
    yet another convenient NBA draft..what a storyline....that Minnesota GM was right

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    NomoreGarciaparra said:
    Rockadelic said:
    motown67 said:

True, but I'll be genuinely surprised if this series doesn't go 7. Dallas has a problem with its starters. Three of them are incompetent offensively.

Dirk had an awesome game and Barea and Terry were superb. I don't know how you avoid giving Barea more minutes at the expense of Kidd going forward.

Dirk is one of the best ever, but he basically had a perfect game and Barea played out of his ass.

OKC will win the series if Westbrook becomes a factor; they stayed in it last night and he played like garbage Also, Durant could have easily had 50+ if they set him up like Dallas positions Dirk coming off of screens. Scotty Brooks doesn't seem to do much X+O's.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Someone on the Thunder needs to be slapping Westbrook repeatedly across the face today.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    So after having read the expert analysis here, it feels like we lost last night. Props to the Thunder for being so impressive I guess. Sounds like they got the series on lock.

GenePontecorvo said:
    So after having read the expert analysis here, it feels like we lost last night. Props to the Thunder for being so impressive I guess. Sounds like they got the series on lock.

Are u being dramatic?

On the real, Dallas won, but they never really had their boot on the Thunder's neck.

It was back and forth in the early minutes. Dallas had to play catchup and then pulled away.

The Thunder who looked terrible overall still kept it close despite Dorks game.

So Go Mavs, but the win wasnt nothin like what the Bulls did to the Heat in game one.

I cheered for Dallas last night but was seriously concerned in the fourth quarter.

If Westbrook wakes up and or they figure out how to attack that bullshit zone, Dallas wont be smooth sailling.

Are u mad that dudes arent as excited as you about the win?