TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    pcmr said:
    pretty sure its the seu jorge-almanaz (stones throw records) cover since it's in brazilian

Portuguese then. Cheers.

Would be nice to drive a f*ck-off, seats-3-in-a-row, 60s yank convertible around the beach with this on blast.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    It would be nice. It's an especially nice thought while I sit festering at my desk.

Jimster - end of the season, who would you like to see come in? Seems like a good question as the club can arguably get whomever.

Mourinho?

Forlan?
    Eto'O
    Drog?

Bendtner?

The club can only buy what is available, hence not moving Barca and dem lock stock to Manc. And of course, the "Elephant In The Room" challenge is getting everyone to play together, to develop a side with the desire to win. Mancini still a year away from having an established pecking order for every position. I think he can do it if the owners give him 12 months. The strikers are OK, the midfield need a second creative player like Silva, and we need a consistent left and centre back.

For me, the core to keep is Hart, Kompany, Pab Zab, DeJong, Silva and Tevez. Richards was looking back toward his best before he popped his hammy. The rest are competent but not worried about their jobs, like they would be at U*ited. Because City have always been mediocre in their lifetimes, mediocrity has become acceptable for them. A good manager should be able to eke out 2nd place in the prem with this squad doe. I can't see anyone touching the U*ited setup for a while.

Out:

Boateng
    Kolarov
    Barry

In:
    Wilshire
    Sneijder
    Alves
    Skrtel or some other Kurgen-type centre-back.

double poast.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    pcmr said:
    pretty sure its the seu jorge-almanaz (stones throw records) cover since it's in brazilian

Portuguese then. Cheers.

Would be nice to drive a f*ck-off, seats-3-in-a-row, 60s yank convertible around the beach with this on blast.

Not the Seu Jorge version. Ask DJ MARIO for clarity.

What gets me with Arsenal is that every year, the key members of the squad are knackered and the campaigns run out of steam. You just need a larger squad of "Competent" types to trot out for the "Easier" matches, and you'd be a shoe in for 1st/2nd.

Yank management generally impatient and tight-fisted....

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Did I tell anyone I'd moved to Berlin? No? Well, I've moved to Berlin...

Last night was my first in my new home city, so, in an attempt to absorb the culture, I watched the United/Chelsea game in an "Irish" pub, where the most vocal of the Man Yoo contingent all had Home Counties accents and there was one forlorn looking lad wearing a "Torres 9" replica Chelsea shirt. I feel like a local already.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Congrats on the move Doc! Slightly extreme way to avoid having to attend the SS meet up in the summer but needs must....

Jimster, been enjoying your slightly pessimistic appraisal of Citeh. For me what is currently lining up the nails for Mancini's managerial coffin is that you can only get away with playing dour, defensive football with a squad made out of highly expensive attacking players if you get results week in week out like Mourinho did. If you're playing defensive football, not getting results, and not even setting up your team for the costly players that you bought/were thrust on you strengths (what is the point of playing Dzeko up front alone if you've not got the set up to provide crosses in for the big man?) then your time will surely be limited.

My feelings about Arsenal are similar, obviously you can't easily get stand in players for Fabregas and VP but I'm struggling to remember a season where they didn't miss at least a month through injury so surely the logical thing to do would be to at least have respectable stand ins. If you look at the team we put out last night we're well short on first choice defenders but unlike a few seasons ago where we got ripped apart by Milan while having to play Heinze as a centre back we now have solid, not great but solid, players on the bench who can come in and keep the wheels from falling off.

Though it obviously helps to have Giggs come into the best form he's been in for years as well....

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

congrats! amazing city. jealous. 3 euro dinners and shit.

horrific piece of take-that-shit-to-the-brits spam from me but.. check out my new tune on gillesy p last night yo. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00zzpgq#synopsis

J i m s t e r said:

In:
    Wilshire

You f*cker %-P

Ulysses31nicholas said:
    DocMcCoy said:

horrific piece of take-that-shit-to-the-brits spam from me but.. check out my new tune on gillesy p last night yo. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00zzpgq#synopsis

Nice one Nick! Still on back up line at work and BBC player is one of the many random things that's currently blocked but will give it a listen when I'm back home.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

DocMcCoy said:

Berlin. I guess the Beatles and Keegan beat you to Hamburg. Good luck with it P*ul. Gold And Popcorn rebranding to [checks google translate]... err.... Gold und Popcorn? Never been, looks atmospheric, although only have Harry Palmer films for reference - good enough for me to go see Helsinki doe.

Was working for German owners until this month (they sponsor the FA cup), now been taken over by a well-known printer manufacturer with a sideline in brown sauce. They have yet to get their billing mechanism in order so not sure I'll be paid this month. In a month where I've got to have 5 working days off thanks to May Day, Good Friday, two bank holidays and a Royal Wedding.

Better stop, I am sounding like A*i...

Embrace the sadness, enjoy the pain. Until someone decides to resurrect the Blog Here thread I will continue to use Take That Shit as my personal grief box. Expect to see poetry detailing the pain of being a sensitive artist in a world that doesn't care to start appearing here in the next few weeks.....

Junior said:
    Ulysses31nicholas said:
    DocMcCoy said:

Nice one Nick! Still on back up line at work and BBC player is one of the many random things that's currently blocked

Same here. Wondered why I couldn't listen to this or Benji B show earlier this week. Nick - do you have this on a soundcloud page?

DocMcCoy said:

Nice. Did you move there for your job, or your partner???s? Do you specken zie Deutsch, or can you get by with Eeengleeesh? I???m still weighing up options for escaping Blighty myself.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Berlin is an amazing city, i'm jealous (3 Euro dinners? Only if you're brave enough at one of those 'pay what you want' wine places from what I could see). Angular haircuts for days there and gallery spaces where you look in the window and there's a solitary chicken nugget in the middle of the floor, being exhibited by EuroBarleys. Fun place.

Shouts on the new track Nick, enjoyed that.

I haven't given up on the Fantasy League but I fell apart so i've been avoiding checking because seeing Chizzle so far ahead is depressing.

That's the end of my brief visit to this thread.

Duderonomy said:
    J i m s t e r said:

In:
    Wilshire

You f*cker %-P

He says "No way no way (fanamana)" but I hope it's the Alan "Leeds Until I Die" Smith variation of No Way. (the one that's followed by "Hoooooooow f*cking much?")

• Ulysses31nicholas said:

good work. where is the upfront mp3 promo for everyone here...?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Junior said:
    attend the SS meet up in the summer but needs must....

Careful now, things could get lost in translation!

Congrats Doc, hope you have a blast.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Same here. Wondered why I couldn't listen to this or Benji B show earlier this week. Nick - do you have this on a soundcloud page?

ahhh dammit. yeh they keep fucking up benjis show on iplayer, audio missing and such. should be working later. i'll clip it out of the show and soundcloud it for u fellas! thanks for checkin!

shears - cheers! need some beats off u

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    So the draw looks like this?

Man Poo vs Shalke
    &
    Barca vs Real

Damn. I'm gonna go with Shalke vs Barca in the final with the Spaniards emerging victorious. Don't want to see the same fixture as two years ago!

This:

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/18056489

Been looking for this since it was aired the once on C4's The Tube back in 85. None of the 12"s had this mix.

Spot a yootful Caron Wheeler in Afrodisiac.

The sync goes west a bit too but brings back fond memories.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

Hmm I was worried that might be it as Welsh links + Family Man + Top Premiership footballer didn't leave many options.

Sad if true though, the man has managed to avoid scandal far better than most his whole career and was always used as a good example of how to deal with the sudden rise to fortune and poster-on-kids-walls fame without losing all moral direction.

Credit on picture choice by the way.

Yes, it's been downhill all the way for Giggsy since he left the City youth program. I hope the weight of this massive moral faux-pas weighs heavy on his shoulders and renders him anonymous in the Semi.

It's going to be 4-0, isn't it? :(

J i m s t e r said:
    This:

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/18056489

Been looking for this since it was aired the once on C4's The Tube back in 85. None of the 12"s had this mix.

I really like the weird electronic intro, and the guitar at the start, in fact most of the tune at the beginning, but once the keys and vocals really kick in my belief ebbs. Also have to say that I don't remember this at all!

Intro reminds me a bit of Herbert's "Bodily Functions" somehow. Did you not check the proto-house white-grand-piano keyboard break about 2/3 in and the acapella fadeout?

It's not as good as the "Pavement and Penthouse" set which is sooooo very ill but it was the fact that I saw this on The Tube on Friday, went looking for it all over Liverpool on the Saturday (they put about 4 or 5 12"s out of this, NONE had this mix), and have never found it in this form until I found that link.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Dudes I have not abandoned ye.
    I check in less regularly these days - the toy infestation has been noted and caused some ire of late I see, and hopefully that leads to some pressure that controls the population.
    I do think Raj made a real pigs ear of this site though.

Had a few run ins with folks on the wants forum.
    Dudes who want Danish/Aussie library grails or tax-dodge label jazz funk raer, so you quote them a price, and they tell you "but the going rate is..."
    Well do you know what dude? If you're happy to pay the "going rate", go out and pay it.
    What? You can't find one available?

These dudes should let me know when they find the raer record stock market, with dudes making bid/offer spreads, I'll make like Gordon Gekko and arbitrage the fuck out of that muhfudder.

Definitely up for a summer bash, who's arranging? Where we going? L**'s?