TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    This is pretty interesting on the subject of Fifa and kick backs.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Good luck to them. Pretty clear that this piece of silverware is a lot more important to the other teams in the QF than us so just glad we didn't get any injuries and the like.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    DOR said:
    This is pretty interesting on the subject of Fifa and kick backs.

I watched this and the only conclusion that can be drawn is that FIFA is one of the biggest money-laundering rackets on the planet. Well, until the next round of wikileaks anyway.
    Each countries individual Football Governing bodies need to form a break-away world cup, and not even send any teams to the FIFA one. The tax law exemption, elimination of worker's rights, and corporate sponsorship deals they expect are ridiculous... I'm glad the Netherlands had the sense to go public with that bullsh*t and pull-out of the bidding process to help expose this fraud.

Doubt it will make a difference sadly...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I didn't get to see any of the game (apart from the goals), were you poor all over or just defensively?

I'm kinda surprised SAF didn't bring a stronger bench, as I know how much Yanited hate to loose anything.

I did enjoy Fergies hat tho.

I must confess to not being able to muster up the energy to watch it either. From the reports I was seeing on the minute by minute sites I don't think anyone covered themselves in glory but there were particularly noticeable fragile areas in our defence. Lacked any experienced head to control it.

While it would have been nice to sneak another trophy I'm quite happy for him to keep his eye on the fixtures on the weekend and Tuesday. We've stretched ourselves too broadly too many times in the past and would be nice to not have to field the kind of defence we put out last night against latter stages European competition again.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Smalling looks like a good prospect though - I'm still quietly miffed he chose to sign for you over us.
    But O'Shea looked promising at one point also, and Evans did well when he was thrown in at the deep end last season.

Yeah without reading all the post match analysis it just seemed like one of those games that the Carling Cup throws up. Pretty much the same team were great last round and just didn't click this time. I'm still all for this approach by Fergie and Wenger to blood the young 'uns though as if we put many more players out on loan we'll be populating half the squads of lower league teams.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,898 Posts
    A straightforward jog for Citeh last night. Should have been 3-0 at half time. Most amusing aspect was the local fans taking to Salzbug's Brazilian striker ALAN. He gave the crowd a wave at the end

And of course, with about 5 minutes left, I realised I could have been watching the whole thing in HD.

Okem said:
    Smalling looks like a good prospect though - I'm still quietly miffed he chose to sign for you over us.
    But O'Shea looked promising at one point also,

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Special.

We got Ipswich Town in the next round of the CC.. I can almost taste it.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    No doubt a comedy fail, but just in case you forgot....

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    This is what a real wb is meant to look like.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I didn't think they played football in Wigan.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    They're actually a pretty good passing side, not one of your hoofball Northern sides.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Okem said:
    SportCasual said:
    They're actually a pretty good passing side, not one of your hoofball Northern sides.

Fuck yeah I had to turn off ManU - Rangers after 20 minutes. Then apparently I missed a Rooney goal. I always miss them!

SportCasual said:
    Then apparently I missed a Rooney goal. I always miss them!

Not as much as the England team.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    ..well we didn't win the World Cup bid. It went to Russia, who were today described in one of the wikileaks files as a "mafia run state". Nice one FIFA.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    SportCasual said:
    Then apparently I missed a Rooney goal. I always miss them!

Not as much as the England team.

Badomp-Tisshhhhh

But seriously, I heard he's like some kind of monster in front of goal. Quick feet, brute strength and lethal finishing ability. One day I will see his highlight reel on Youtube with some Coldplay backing track.

He sounds almost better than Nii Lamptey.

Okem said:
    ..well we didn't win the World Cup bid. It went to Russia, who were today described in one of the wikileaks files as a "mafia run state". Nice one FIFA.

Yeah, having watched that doc poasted above, now would be a good time for England to start it's own World Cup - who knows, we might stand a chance of winning it!

At least it saves us from the futureheadlines about Beckham winning the world cup bid for us and shit like the front of the Daily Mail today.

Duderonomy said:

Yeah, having watched that doc poasted above, now would be a good time for England to start it's own World Cup - who knows, we might stand a chance of winning it!

Yes. We could call it the Football World Series.*

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I'd watch that series. Especially if we could incorporate elements from Sports Day such as opposing defenders and attackers being tied together as for a 3-legged race, and the goalie can only carry the ball on the end of a big spoon.

I like it, playing to our strengths and we wouldn't even need to change the school sport's curriculum.

Instead of penalties we could have draws decided by "The Welly Toss" and after the final whistle all the managers would have to have a sack race.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Look at this defensive lineup. Il Cattenacio they call it.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    We'd still lose.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Okem said:
    We'd still lose.

ugh, the English Disease right there. Carpe Diem Moke!

Also, backhanders and bungs could be official moves. Get Skel's creative accounting buddies on the case and everything is still on the table.

As long as Ashley Cole remains fit.....

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Putin's looking so gangster right now.

Doesn't even show up because he knew he had it in the bag.

Saw snippits of the English bid pitch, Fuckin pathetic. Not that any of the speeches made a difference, we all know the money was paid months if not years ago.

• Okem said:

That was really worth putting together.
    Was the point of it to show that he can complete more than 1 game without getting injured??

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    SportCasual said:
    Okem said:
    We'd still lose.

ugh, the English Disease right there. Carpe Diem Moke!
    Do they drain you of your sense of humour as you crossed the Atlantic. Or do you just gradually lose the ability to spot sarcasm the more time you spend in Yankland.

That said. The current national team are a bunch of over paid feckless morons, incapable of winning anything of note. They are in a word, crap.
    I'm quite ok with this.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    Okem said:

That was really worth putting together.
    Was the point of it to show that he can complete more than 1 game without getting injured??