TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    The game with United will make or break Arsenals season I reckon.
    blah blah blah.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    meanwhile chelsea lost to marseille with a good squad
    they'll face arsenal soon as well
    one of the strongest starts followed by the most epic slump
    eversince that dude left (even though i dont think he is the real reason for this meltdown)

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Next 3 games could change things.

Spuds - Chelski
    Manure - Arsenal
    West Ham - Citeh

Arse - Stoke
    Chel - Manu
    Citeh - Ever
    B'pool - Spurs

Manu - Sunderland
    Villa - Spuds
    Arse - Chel
    New - Citeh

City have the chance to catch up some ground.
    ManU have the chance to put their unbeaten run to a proper test.

• Okem said:
    badder_than_evil said:
    blah blah blah.

Yeah.
    I'd be scared being as everyone is scoring against Arsenal this season.
    The loss of Vermaelen has been huge.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    Okem said:
    badder_than_evil said:
    blah blah blah.

Yeah.
    Who's top of league?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    Okem said:
    badder_than_evil said:
    blah blah blah.

Yeah.

I think this is honestly wishful thinking from forgetfull gooners and poor journalists. Verm is a really good player, but he and gallas leaked goals themselves last year. a quick look on the interwebs shows only 2 more clean sheets in Prem games at the same time last season. And Goals Scored against last year as of 1st week of December was 18 versus this year when its 16.

I'm not trying to claim that arsenal have a solid defense (quite the opposite), but this idea that Vermaelen is going to resolve all problems seems built on rather weak evidence.

I'd prefer Djourou over Kolsceiny in the back, and hope the Johan is fit for Monday. He and Squillaci seem to work pretty good this year. And as noted from most gooners, one of the key issues this year is Alex Song playing further up than in the past. based on all the press about the leaky defense, i suspect AW will try to reign him in some for Utd.

Fact is that Arsenal (like Spurs to a degree) are so attack minded that they will get burnt from time to time. From the stats I see, Arsenal have 3 clean sheets in the PL this season to Spurs 1. Spuds would blame their leaky defense on injuries and new players getting acclimated, just as much as Arsenal would.

Don't see many teams getting much more than 80pts max this year. Mid to High 70's are going to have a say in who wins the title.

• Having a relatively new defence has affected Arsenal as it would anyone, I agree that it has a lot to do with it.

I don't understand why Vela hasn't been given a run in the team.
    Do the gooners in here know why not or agree with Whinger??

• Having a relatively new defence has affected Arsenal as it would anyone, I agree that it has a lot to do with it.

I don't understand why Vela hasn't been given a run in the team.
    Do the gooners in here know why not or agree with Whinger??

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Wenger has a relative abundance of strikers. Carlos is still below Van Persie, Chamakh, Bendtner when it comes to selection.

It's a shame Scholes is gonna be out, the midfield trio of him + Ando + Fletcher is really going to be the business IMO.

Also unbelievable antics from Gerard Houllier, what a clown. Maybe our resident O'Neill haters could acknowledge the swift decline taking place at the Villa. Easily the most ineffectual performance by a Premier League side in years and that includes whenever Spurs have visited Old Trafford.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Not to mention Arshavin and Theo, who have both been in better form than Vela.

We also have Jay Emmanuel Thomas coming up, who's been too good for the reserves and should break through to the first team next season.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    what i want to see is spurs and arsenal in the champions league
    a full throttle offense with a weak back is synonymous with trouble as teams improve in the knockout stage
    spurs have had a flurry of goals but they've conceded a bunch as well

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,902 Posts
    Bale having a stellar campaign so far so good luck to 'em, they deserved their crack in the CL. I will always root for British sides in Europe (apart from one) but I think an Italian side with a stingy back 4 will let Spurs tire themselves out then nab it 1-0 'pon di breeyak. Spurs have to be smarter than that.

Will also hope to see Cesc and Nasri bossing it at least to the semi. Nice to see RvP up for it. Make the Spaniards have it.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    I see things have been a bit crazy in town as of late. Odd that the royals were driving around in the area when that shit was going on.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    "For me, Arsenal is a football training centre. You watch the match, you enjoy it, but are you going to win a title afterwards? That's what people remember," Evra said.

"It has been five years since they won anything and for a big club like Arsenal, that is a crisis."

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Is anyone else watching this?

Best thing on tv imo.

• yes, someone could have been hurt and all that and i'm sure it's all very serious and important, but this really cracked me up this morning...

nice to see some real life intruding into their lives.

Camilla:
    "Get your facking foot down, oik! Do you know who I am"?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    The way the papers tell it you'd think their car was attacked like that lost police van from the last protest. It all looks a little tame in reality.

What was that shot on, a Nokia zero? Lego-vision!

• the man shouting in that video sounds like a twat

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    those c*nts got a bit of a taste of reality
    coronation street is huge in canada
    the strong counterattack of clubs like roma could fuck spurs up or an oseakota mistake

• Roma are the team I'd love Tottenham to get.
    They are not anywhere near the archetypal Italian team right now. I'd be pretty confident going against them.

I expect we'll get the hardest of the lot - Valencia.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    neil_something said:
    the man shouting in that video sounds like a twat
    There's another version on utube which is twice as bad, dude keeps on turn the camera on his face to give a commentary, then tries to get a comment from Price Wally Himself.

Too much TMZ.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    Roma are the team I'd love Tottenham to get.
    They are not anywhere near the archetypal Italian team right now. I'd be pretty confident going against them.

I expect we'll get the hardest of the lot - Valencia.

no one would like to draw valencia
    roma has been a shadow of its former self (i am glad because totti is someone i would impale)
    however never underestimate the ability of italian teams to revert to their foundation
    big test for chelsea and tottenham sunday

• I understand what you are saying and 10 years ago would have probably shared that opinion.
    Italian football has weakened considerably in the last 5 years in my view.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i agree and am delighted
    juve doen't scare anyone and inter is in a free for all,AC will choke

• Okem said:
    badder_than_evil said:
    Okem said:
    This is what a real wb is meant to look like.

That was really worth putting together.
    Was the point of it to show that he can complete more than 1 game without getting injured??

Injured again?

Not going to be a nil-niller tonight, is it? Although I can't see Berbatov putting five in, I think Un*ted will unfortunately do the biz.

Also Tevez. Poor show. F*ck off back to Argentina and retire.

• Another player not feeling it at City??
    There will probably be more..
    Later Carlos..all piss and wind anyway..
    I feel bad for the City fans suffering these players with no loyalty at all.

There is a core of good players there now, who can be relied to perform every week. This has got City higher up the table, not the singular efforts of El Apache. I thought he'd be grateful of the money and opportunities denied him across town, but hey, I guess real strikers are always moody and petulant. We'll have Ibrahimovich soon, you watch...