The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Dez Bryant was a great draft choise and a soon to be great player.

Garrett has to go along with Phillips. Yes, Jerry interferes way too much for an owner, but regardless Phillips and Garrett have proven that they neither know how to game-plan nor properly motivate their players.

That being said, my Texans fan friends are already chomping at the bit to bring Phillips in as their new defensive coordinator.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    what's your thought on the eagles? vickhatt aside

• BobDesperado said:
    edpowers said:
    Wade is the scapegoat for Jerry's fucked up personnel decisions.....Dallas does not have one great player at any position....Impossible to win with overrated talent,a terrible secondary and the worst O-Line in the league.

Ware is a great player, and Austin and Witten are very good. But that's about it.

Wade's gone and Garrett looked out of it during last night's game. If they win two more games it will be a surprise. They should be starting those Romo-to-Minnesota trade talks now.

Ware is a great player, but hasn't done much in regards to the defense. He is the sack leader on that team, but offenses now have come up with ways to contain him so that he doesn't cause as much damage.

Witten is a good run and pass-blocking tight end. Not great, because he got demolished by Jared Allen in the playoffs last year, but good. Austin has become much of a non-factor as of lately. He can still get behind defenders, but Kitna isn't throwing it to him as much as he is to Dez Bryant, who I think is the only bright star on that team. After a year under his belt, defenses better beware of him.

As for Hank Hill being fired, I'm sure there are plenty of teams that would want him as a defensive coordinator.

The Eagles are in great shape. They really coulda taken a nose-dive this season with the departure of so many of their key components over the past coupla years. But instead, they are overachieving and on pace for the playoffs. Evidentally, Andy Reid is a great coach and whether or not dude has won a Super Bowl, he is about as consistent a winner as there gets.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    And just like that Wade is gone.
    I agree with Powers, Wade is the scapegoat, and I'll add that he got the job because he was Jerry's "yes" man. People have been saying for years that Jerry needs to put the ego aside and let someone else build that team. The last few drafts have been disasters for them.

Every Dallas coach since Jimmy Johnson has been Jerry's "yes man".

Wade is not a leader.....period.

His players, good, bad or average all gave up on him and he had no control whatsoever.

Any coach worth his salt would have told Mike Jenkins to hit the showers mid-game yesterday.

Trade 'em all and start from scratch.

Tony Romo is patently bush league.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Dude. NOT a fan of the Steelers D letting up when they have a big lead.

• Steelers had some drama last night, oh man. Kicker got lucky the defense held out.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:

Even Barry Switzer and Bill Parcels?

In the respect that Jerry had final say on all personel and draft decisons, yes.

Switzer ignored him for the most part and Parcells stewed until he got out of town.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Dude. NOT a fan of the Steelers D letting up when they have a big lead.

For real! Way to make that game closer than it had any right to be. Although let's not overlook that horrible INT Ben threw. Still, a win's a win, and it's fun to watch Chad throw a hissy fit.

Steelers still managed to cover, thank their devlish hearts.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    This Falcons v Ravens game on Th feels like it's gonna be epic. Apart from the clashing aviary theme, you got two teams looking to make a real statement of NFL supremacy. Can't fucking wait.

• Funniest thing I've seen this season... maybe ANY season. He is big as F**K for a 13 year old!!! LOL

• Options
    Phill With 2 Ls said:
    Funniest thing I've seen this season... maybe ANY season. He is big as F**K for a 13 year old!!! LOL

The kid next to him is giving up 150 pounds. I'll bet he was oozing with confidence when his turn came.

Reid probably started shaving in utero.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Well that sucked. I didn't see the game because the NFL in its infinite wisdom on showed it on the NFL channel. Looks like we made a nice comeback and then got hammered with an unbelievable no call. Any watch the whole thing?

Phill With 2 Ls said:
    Funniest thing I've seen this season... maybe ANY season. He is big as F**K for a 13 year old!!! LOL

That big fucker still only threw the ball 20 yards...lol.

DrWu said:
    Well that sucked. I didn't see the game because the NFL in its infinite wisdom on showed it on the NFL channel. Looks like we made a nice comeback and then got hammered with an unbelievable no call. Any watch the whole thing?

I watched it. Ravens did not show up in the first half. TERRIBLE no-call on the Roddy White push off at the end. As a Steeler fan, though, I'll take it.

:coolsmile:

• Yeah that shit sucked. Way to choke, Ravens. Flacco is mostly terrible.

• Somebody in the NFC better start beating the Falcons ASAP, because if the other teams have to go through Georgia to get to the Super Bowl they are gonna have serious problems

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Phill With 2 Ls said:

LOL...........looks like Merlin Olsen teaching the kids some drills at camp

• Phill With 2 Ls said:
    Somebody in the NFC better start beating the Falcons ASAP, because if the other teams have to go through Georgia to get to the Super Bowl they are gonna have serious problems

Matty Ice is now 18-1 at home.

• NFL Week 10:

Bills over Lions: Hill has to basically play with a broken arm, not good for the Lions pass attack. I don't think he'll take a hit well. The Bills have been losing a lot of close ones to ok teams, its their time this Sunday.
    Vikings over Bears: I'm sort of on the fence about this game. The Vikings almost lost a close one to Arizona last week, and the Bears almost lost one to the Bills. Will it all depend on whether AP can get through the Bears run defense? Will it come down to turnovers, with Favre and Cutler throwing picks all day long? I always like picking the home team on these close ones, but I think the Vikings are beyond desperate, not that they haven't been all season long anyway.
    Jets over Browns: I think the Jets will neutralize Peyton Hillis and the game will be on McCoy's shoulders more than Sanchez's. The kid has looked good but can he take out three big time contenders in a row? I think the Jets will try to run more than before and control the game just enough.
    Colts over Bengals: Doesn't matter which receivers Peyton gets, the Bengals pass rush has fallen apart. I said at the beginning of the season that the Bengal's defense was good, but I'm taking it all back unless they suprise me on Sunday. For sure the Bengal's offense will not be able to keep up in a shoot-out.
    Jags over Texans: I'm going with the home team after a bye week in a divisional match-up. Neither team can cover recievers so maybe a high scoring game?
    Titans over Dolphins: Although I want to call it the other way. I'm just not seeing it with Pennington in for Miami. Also, their safties are injured, Moss is in town, and CJ usually does well on the road.
    Bucs over Panthers: Wow Carolina is really terrible. Who's going to be behind center this week?
    Chiefs over Broncos: I'm just not picking the Broncos anymore, the fucking Raiders put up 59 at Mile High. Yeah I know the Raiders also beat the Chiefs last week, but it was in overtime, not the stomping the Broncos took. I see the Chiefs running all over their sorry asses.
    Cards over Seahawks: I don't really know what to say about this one. Both teams are pretty weak, but I'll take the Cards at home.
    Giants over Cowboys: I'm hoping this isn't a trap game, nor that the Cowboys change up their defensive scheme too much, leave Jenkins in the whole game please.
    Rams over Niners: The Rams take the NFC West.
    Steelers over Patriots: Two prime time games in a row for the Steelers. I'm picking them because in the end defense wins games, and the Pitt D is a lot stronger right now. I see Polomalu giving Brady a hard time covering the middle with no deep threat in NE. I see Ben making just enough plays to put them on top.
    Eagles over Redskins: I don't think the Skins can run the table on the Eagles unless they take out Vick again. Donovan and Shannahan having issues, and Jackson is going to make a fool out of Hall. What's Portis doing wearing a Phillies fitted to talk to the press?!

Not really seeing any upsets this week, so of course I'll be plenty wrong.

• Phill With 2 Ls said:
    Somebody in the NFC better start beating the Falcons ASAP, because if the other teams have to go through Georgia to get to the Super Bowl they are gonna have serious problems

Here's what the Falcons have the rest of the way. Who's gonna do it?

A: St. Louis Rams Vs. Atlanta Falcons
    H: Atlanta Falcons Vs. Green Bay Packers
    A: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Vs. Atlanta Falcons
    A: Carolina Panthers Vs. Atlanta Falcons
    A: Seattle Seahawks Vs. Atlanta Falcons
    H: Atlanta Falcons Vs. New Orleans Saints
    H: Atlanta Falcons Vs. Carolina Panthers

Looking at this, I see the Packers and Saints as the potential problems. St. Louis shouldn't be underestimated, and it could be a trap game. That Seahawks game could be a loss seeing as how it's the third road game in a row. Or it could be like the 49ers game in SF last season. The Packers and Saints are coming into the Georgia Dome, which shouldn't phase the Saints since they play there every season. I'd say The Falcons are probably looking at 12-4 right now.

• Eagles over Redskins: I don't think the Skins can run the table on the Eagles unless they take out Vick again. Donovan and Shannahan having issues, and Jackson is going to make a fool out of Hall. What's Portis doing wearing a Phillies fitted to talk to the press?!

You never wear a Philadelphia hat during Philly Week! But I don't think that the Skins will take out Vick. Again. But I do think that we can make him a bit one-dimensional. Last time we played them we had contained Jackson by having Landry hover over him. And with London Fletcher staying midfield to monitor Vick in case he breaks away, I don't think he will exploit us with his feet the way he did the Colts. I see this one as another low-scoring, high-defensive affair. Skins win by 4. I just pray it doesn't come down to the last play. Again.

• WEEK 10

BILLS over LIONS
    - The Bills are my favorite 0-8 team
    VIKINGS over BEARS - Vikings are united in their hatred for Chilly
    JETS over BROWNS - Jets will hammer the Human Hammer (Hillis)
    COLTS over BENGALS - Manning won't lose to the Bengals at home... just can't happen
    TEXANS over JAGS - Jacksonville's record isn't as bad as they really are
    TITANS over PHINS - Not feelin' the move to the other Chad but I guess it had to be done
    BUCS over PANTHERS - I would pick Carolina if they weren't so totally inept at the QB position
    CHIEFS over BRONCOS - The boy genius out there in Denver is running that team right into the ground
    SEAHAWKS over CARDINALS - Only if Hasselhoff is playing though (I didn't check the injury report)
    COWBOYS over GIANTS - Yeah, I'm crazy
    49ERS over RAMS - SF still has a chance to win the west... that's even crazier than I am for picking the Cowboys to win
    STEELERS over PATS - I expect defensive DOMINANCE tonight by the Steel Curtain 2010
    EAGLES shit all over SKINS - The Ron Mexico Dog Show goes primetime on Monday night and dazzles the nation

Went out on a limb on a few of these but why not. This is when the season starts getting good... the cream starts to rise and the frauds start fallin' the f**k off

• I, too, have Dallas winning this week.

Also, I'm picking the Dolphins, strictly on the strength of:

When he retires, I'm approaching C-Penns about forming a rap duo.

• And also, unbelievably, I've got Clay Matthews, Jr. as the midseason MVP. Where the fuck did this dude come from?

Phillip Rivers is the OPotY so far. Ray Lewis the DPotY.

Ndamukong Suh is awesome. Rookie of the year overall. DRotY: 3-way-tie between Earl Thomas, Eric Berry and TJ Ward all doing excellent as day 1 starters at the safety positon. ORotY: Gonna go Bradford. I was high on the kid coming out of PS and he has delivered.

there you go. The GP midseasons. :-)

Mike Thomas Hail Mary - Gus Johnson on the Call!

:woah:

• :oh_snap: Jags win on hail mary on last play... of course Gus Johnson on the call. WOW

Phill With 2 Ls said:
    :oh_snap: Jags win on hail mary on last play... of course Gus Johnson on the call. WOW

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!