Are Simpsons Quotes Still Cromulent? NRR

Comments

• Do you think maybe my power plant killed those ducks?

• "I'm seein double! Four Krustys!"

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    i am so smart, i am so smart, i am so smart, S-M-R-T

• free the springfield two!

• I love the spelling bee episode at the end. When they are driving home after Lisa comes in second place, and Homer says "You're still the best speller in this car, or that car, or ..." and the car with the winner drives by and the kid is in the back seat holding the giant trophy.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    I love the spelling bee episode at the end. When they are driving home after Lisa comes in second place, and Homer says "You're still the best speller in this car, or that car, or ..." and the car with the winner drives by and the kid is in the back seat holding the giant trophy.

Plus, a great cameo by George Plimpton. "And now I can go back to whatever it is I do."

• DJ_Enki said:
    sabadabada said:
    I love the spelling bee episode at the end. When they are driving home after Lisa comes in second place, and Homer says "You're still the best speller in this car, or that car, or ..." and the car with the winner drives by and the kid is in the back seat holding the giant trophy.

Plus, a great cameo by George Plimpton. "And now I can go back to whatever it is I do."

Homer. I love the how to increase your vocabulary section, that part is really, really, really, really, good...

• "No TV and no beer make Homer something something..."
    "Go crazy?"
    "DON'T MIND IF I DO!! BKALKJSFDGLKJSALDFKLDHF"

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    feel like I quote him a lot too --

sabadabada said:
    Do you think maybe my power plant killed those ducks?

There's no maybe about it, sir.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I'll deal with those murderous trolls.

• tripledouble said:
    anyone remember what homer says when they catch the senior citizen burglar?

This?:

Homer: So, Mr. Malloy, it seems that the cat has been caught by the very person who was trying to catch him.
    Skinner: How ironic.

• "Did either of you boys pray for shoes?"

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Mjukis said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Fun fact, most of the characters last names are streets in Portland.

I'd hate living on Nahassapeemapetalan street - People sending stuff to me would never get the adress right.

Seriously. Hell, you can't even spell address.

Damn! I've never realised there's two d's in "address" - it's "adress" in Swedish...

Anyways, I just remembered another favorite:

"The following story is true. And by true I mean false. It's all lies, but they are entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer is no."

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Mjukis said:
    "The following story is true. And by true I mean false. It's all lies, but they are entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth? The answer is no."

Ha! Isn't that the same episode as "Keep your eyes on the skis!"

• Why must life be so hard! Why must I fail in every attempt at masonry!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    sabadabada said:
    Do you think maybe my power plant killed those ducks?

There's no maybe about it, sir.

Excellent.

DB_Cooper said:
    Mjukis said:

Haha, true. Another classic!

DB_Cooper said:
    Mjukis said:

Haha, true. Another classic.

Kent Brockman has a lot of good quotes too. "I've said it before and I'll say it again - democracy simply doesn't work".

• still one of my top 3 episodes

DARRYYYYLLLL, DARRYYYYYLLLL

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Oh man soooo much gold. I've been sitting here laughing out loud. "Iron helps us play" and the "dogs with bees in their mouths..." quotes do it to me every time.

And for a few years I have consistantly used "boo-urns" in real life. Like that's pretty much fully ingrained in my lexicon.

Simpsons - funniest show of all time.

You don't make friends with salad! You don't make friends with salad!

Now let's take a look at the killing floor. Don't let the name fool you--it's not really a floor. It's really a metal grating that allows blood and material to pass through.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Now let's take a look at the killing floor. Don't let the name fool you--it's not really a floor. It's really a metal grating that allows blood and material to pass through.

:cokehead:

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    it's cold outside, and there's wolves after me

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Woimsah said:
    believe I also say this at least once a month -

"an alligator? with a hat on? whatever!"

Haha, whenever I'm in (or near) a chichiapplebeescake factory type restaurant I always hear Moe say in my head, "are you looking for a family restaurant with lots of crazy crap on the walls?"

• Cosmo said:

Simpsons (1991-1996) - funniest show of all time.

slight edit on that

...my eyes, my eyes, ze goggles do nothing....

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    Burns:"And you took the Hamburglar's birthday off last Monday and Wednesday! Which is it?!"

xavier

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    "He didn't give you gay, did he? Did he?!!"

• "that boys got bosoms!" b/w
    "dont make me run!i'm full of chocolates!!"

• "Rrrrrrrr, come for the freak...stay for the food"

"i invested in mace before society crumbled"

there was an episode with a big storm. homers on the hammock and the dog is barking. homer says something like "what is it boy? fire? thieves? hippies?" the dog blows away. homer: "the animals are always the first to know"