Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• HarveyCanal said:
    Prolly my favorite beat this year...

:feelin_it:

• CBear said:
    willie_fugal said:

young local group i'm feelin

Aquaforce "Burgundy" Mixtape is good. Thanks for the heads up.

How can I be down with this? Do I have to sign up for DatPiff? Can't seem to find it anywhere else.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• drewnice said:

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AR6uZMfE1I

Can get the clip to embed...but this Sean Price song is my current fav track.....

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    So heard this on a recent random comp and don't think I've ever encountered it before. Assume it's well known and my brain is drawing a blank but anyone care to help me out about whether it ever appeared on an actual release?

Outkast Feat UGK - What U Think

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Junior said:
    So heard this on a recent random comp and don't think I've ever encountered it before. Assume it's well known and my brain is drawing a blank but anyone care to help me out about whether it ever appeared on an actual release?

http://www.amazon.com/Music-Inspired-Shaft-David-Arnold/dp/B00004TDXT/ref=sr_1_2?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285089288&sr=8-2

• not brand new, but i just re-listened to this for the 1st time in a minute, and remember how much i like it. anyone else dig it?

• also, new track from who i think is the best young female MC in NOLA right now, thesekondelement.

TheSeKondElement - Who You Know Feat. Heata Best by The Mad Bloggers

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    willie_fugal said:

not brand new, but i just re-listened to this for the 1st time in a minute, and remember how much i like it. anyone else dig it?

no

• bassie said:
    Finally got round to this

A slow start, but second half is solid.
    (I know I say that a lot, but I can't help it if this is how these cats are recording!)

yes.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Brian said:
    Junior said:

http://www.amazon.com/Music-Inspired-Shaft-David-Arnold/dp/B00004TDXT/ref=sr_1_2?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285089288&sr=8-2

Ah, shame on me indeed. Thanks Brian.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Roc Marciano came off again - the blaq po is very straight up - what's not to like?
    Also - catch the little '80 blocks from Tiffany's' sample as the intro to the roc track.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Killer Mike's "I pledge allegiance to the grind"'s been on heavy rotation these last 6 months.

• Kendrick Lamar's whole tape is nice.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

Whole album is mellow - and its out on double vinyl.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Mjukis said:
    I posted this up last fall and it's finally getting radio play.

This beat is genius.
    jesus.

anyone got a 256 or better of this???

A;; I got is 128 but I'll ask if they can get me a higher bitrate 4 you.

Please do - this is great but I can't really deal with 128...

Good thread. I've been lurking. Toot It and Boot It wins for best rapp, IMO. Code Name killed off several of my brain cells. I would have preferred sniffing nail polish to do that.

Here is a new YouTube for Toot It and Boot It with over 1.2 million views. It is def better than the 128, but I like the original video better. And I think I prefer the 128, too. Cute song about meeting a gurl up in the clurb, but the new video (and Def Jam) strips it of all the organic value.

Now that YG got scooped up by Def Jam, he'll probably end up another Soulja Boy-type act. Didn't realize he was so damn young; HS graduation in the music video and all.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Produced by Toronto man Frank Dukes.

• willie_fugal said:
    Some recent NOLA hip hop (non-bounce):

Aquaforce

the Smokee Robinson Currensy mixtape for sure.

Anyone have a decent bit rate copy of this Magnolia Shorty joint?

• you can download it from itunes, it's on the mixtape Shake Twerk & Wobble 2:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/shake-twerk-wobble-2/id356566163

FYI crowds in NOLA love this track when it gets played out

Jeezy - Rap Game
    O'Third w/ ST 2 Lettaz & Kristmas - Look At Me Now
    Fame Sity w/ Trae - Deeper Than Music

All made my Monday morning into work much better.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    willie_fugal said:

not brand new, but i just re-listened to this for the 1st time in a minute, and remember how much i like it. anyone else dig it?

Speaking of Flo Rida, I was G-chatting with one of my good girlfriends who is currently doing volunteer work in India. She's currently on break went to a Flo Rida concert. And he kept saying "Show me what you got, India," instead of naming the actual city. "Low" (the Apple Bottom Jeans song) is apparently a favorite among the young girls. Then Flo took his shirt off and started pouring water all over himself, but India couldn't handle that, and he had to be kicked off his own stage by the Indian police. I had no idea American rap was popular in India, at least not when I visited.

True story. Now I want to go to India to watch rappers perform.

• Options
    Alright! Nice post.

Rap has been getting on my main nerve recently, but, I always try to be positive especially when on soulstrut where a bunch of my friends are on.

I was at this event called, The Buzz, and Lori booked these entertainers: the catalysts, and this guy: Sean Chris, or something I don't have time to look up. Both of them cussed a lot, and gave the sound engineer a hard time.

The rappers was not looking too good because his laptop stalled and he had to start a track over, he said the n-word a bunch, he rapped about whores and booze, and he asked some of the students if he could sleep over at their place. On a positive note he was a good hypeman, had a lot of positive energy, and danced pretty well.

The Catalysts would not stop yelling at the sound man for more bass. They are all digital, but the girl who sings like a g-6 came on stage with them and that was the best part. It worked out for me because I played a couple records right after them and the bass was like Boom Boom. I played the SOS band classic 'take your time' at kinda medium volume then tightly blended Sandy B 'back together' (white label promo from Bpm king street sound) and put the volume on blast! the sound guy loved it.

Then for the raffles I played Orinoko - island (softly) and they announced the winners in time with the build ups and break downs.

Oh yeah, rap. I like rap with just a little history. Big Daddy Kane - Stop shammin'

Also last night this dude from SF requested e-40 - hurricane, he promised it was clean but it wasn't so I had to sneeze, dump, then fade it out.

Thanks for sharing.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Song is so-so. But I'm really impressed with the dudes video skillz. Not only rapped, but also directed, shot, and edited it.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts