Rap You're Liking

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Flex did like 15 minutes back and forth on this last night

weird days.

That's great!

Perhaps an encouraging sign that New York radio is finally breaking out of its utterly irrelevant and hidebound format. It seems like the main programming directive for the past half decade has been to avoid playing any southern rap and to compensate for the fact that the majority of popular rap is southern by playing reggaeton, white pop singers, really lame R&B and New York artists that not even New Yorkers care about, like Red Cafe.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

weird days.

That's great!

Perhaps an encouraging sign that New York radio is finally breaking out of its utterly irrelevant and hidebound format. It seems like the main programming directive for the past half decade has been to avoid playing any southern rap and to compensate for the fact that the majority of popular rap is southern by playing reggaeton, white pop singers, really lame R&B and New York artists that not even New Yorkers care about, like Red Cafe.

Wouldnt u say its kinda too late at this point. Do teens care about HOT 97?.
    I dont think anyone older than 35 and a HOT 97 listener in NYC area is Souf Rap deficient in 2010.
    Did NYC radio (specifically WBLS/HOT97) miss the boat?

batmon said:
    faux_rillz said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

weird days.

That's great!

I dont think anyone older than 35 and a HOT 97 listener in NYC area is Souf Rap deficient in 2010.

It's without a doubt utterly irrelevant at this point. I don't really care whether or not it is ever again an important tastemaking institution--it would just be nice to have another option to listen to while driving. My concern is my own listening experience, not the fate of Hot 97.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    batmon said:
    faux_rillz said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

weird days.

That's great!

It's without a doubt utterly irrelevant at this point. I don't really care whether or not it is ever again an important tastemaking institution--it would just be nice to have another option to listen to while driving. My concern is my own listening experience, not the fate of Hot 97.

VOLVO REGGAETON w/ drunk-off NUVO wipin doo-doo off tha GRILL!!!!!

• Equally exciting is the fact that a Tech N9ne/Krizz Kaliko song made the Rap You're Liking thread! Dope.

I also appreciate that the crew keeps their face paint on.

• Sometimes I wish that Hip Hop would stop for a few months so I can catch up and spend the same amount of quality time with all this new stuff that I used to spend with my cassettes back in the day.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• Has anybody else had features as diverse as Backbone, Gucci Mane and MF Doom on their mixtape??

Always liked dude since I heard him freestyle on Ludacris' first (or was it his second?) album:

• Woimsah said:
    Herm said:

ya ya ya !!! support support support!!!!!!!

This is fresh.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• magnetic said:

Dope

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    Wang (no-Manny) and Cory got it goin on --> http://www.mediafire.com/?glxg7z0sn214zvn

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Woimsah said:
    Herm said:

This is fresh.

Yeah it is!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That Wayne shit is BONKERS but Cory fucking buries him on the track. One of the hottest records I heard in a minute. So much good rap in this thread that I have to cop.

• Cosmo said:
    That Wayne shit is BONKERS but Cory fucking buries him on the track.

I respectfully disagree.

Lil Wayne:

"Glass half empty or half full, I'll spill ya / Try me and run into a wall, outfielder / You know I'ma ball 'til they turn off the field lights / The fruits of my labor, I enjoy 'em while they still ripe / B*tch stop playin', I do it like a king do / If these n****s animals then I'ma have a mink soon / Tell 'em b*tches I say put my name on the wall / I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to y'all"

"Paper chaser, tell that paper 'look I'm right behind ya' / B*tch, real G's move in silence like lasagna"

"You n****s are gelatin, peanuts to a elephant / I got through that sentence like a subject and a predicate"

• Ghostface ft. Raekwon, Method Man and Redman w/ JacobWizzle on the beats
    Hot DAM
    Ghostface Killah featuring Raekwon, Method Man & Redman ??? Troublemakers (Produced By Jake One) by Hypetrak

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Cosmo said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Woimsah said:
    Herm said:

This is fresh.

Yeah it is!

I thought so too, and still do, but apparently we're wrong. Some folks in another thread made it clear that in fact this song is bad. So close!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/17697504" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Jay Young Official Music Video from Da 1 unv on Vimeo.

• New Ghostface is dope , Bitch

NYOIL (aka UMC???s Kool Kim) has been working with a Youth Outreach program called P.E.M.G. [Proper Execution Makes Greatness], helping kids to get into the music biz the right way. Here???s a track featuring his daughter Big Nay and 17 year-old called S.I.T.H. [Sick In The Head].

I acted like a stone cold jerk and didn't take my headphones off except to say hello, give directions, pay and say thank you and good night in the cab last night because I didn't want to stop listening to this.

Woimsah said:
    Cosmo said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Woimsah said:
    Herm said:

This is fresh.

Yeah it is!

I thought so too, and still do, but apparently we're wrong. Some folks in another thread made it clear that in fact this song is bad. So close!

I am sorry, but this is wack as hell.

bassie said:
    I acted like a stone cold jerk and didn't take my headphones off except to say hello, give directions, pay and say thank you and good night in the cab last night because I didn't want to stop listening to this.

I've been listening to this, too

Love to see Lito getting some shine

I am listening to this, although I suspect most of you are not ready:

• Woimsah said:
    Cosmo said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Woimsah said:
    Herm said:

This is fresh.

Yeah it is!

Wow, like that huh?

I was playing this for a friend and he said the same thing, usually I can better guess when I'm gonna be on the wrong side of something.

I mean it's not going to change anyone's life, but I kinda liked it.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    faux_rillz said:
    I am listening to this, although I suspect most of you are not ready:

I checked out the sampler last week and wasn't that impressed (beyond a few beats). I know there's a lot more tracks on the album though...

Woimsah said:
    Cosmo said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Woimsah said:
    Herm said:

This is fresh.

Yeah it is!

Wow, like that huh?

I was playing this for a friend and he said the same thing, usually I can better guess when I'm gonna be on the wrong side of something.

I mean it's not going to change anyone's life, but I kinda liked it.

Last Train to Paris will change your life.