Rap You're Liking

Comments

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Gilbere Forte. Pretty much don't like new rap as a rule, but have been enjoying his production and overall feel of his tracks / raps.

The mixtape "87 Dreams" is a BEAST.

Gilbere Forte' - 87 Dreams (Trailer) from Jerome White on Vimeo.

http://gilbereforte.com/blog/

• Woimsah said:
    Gilbere Forte. Pretty much don't like new rap as a rule, but have been enjoying his production and overall feel of his tracks / raps.

this dude performed at my friends store's one year anniversary party, it was a pretty good performance. dude is real intense. i was digging that track black chukkas a lot, couldnt find a good version of on youtube or nothin though.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Woimsah said:

Wack

Leave rap alone

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    "I see your left cheek beefin' with your right cheek." HAHAHA!!! Juvie's back!!

Best use of "Play At Your Own Risk" since, well, "Play At Your Own Risk."

video platform
    video management
    video solutions
    video player

"Now puff that, puff that, puff that la...let's get, let's get let's get high!" Can't wait to play this in the clurb.

Feelin' the 90's style cadences on this. First verse reminds me of Home Team. ("Home Team rocks it on and that's word!") Produced by Devil McDoom. Isn't he/she a Strutter??

I kinda ignored this dude after those techno-sampling songs that were popular a few years ago. I saw that he was all over the blogs and the hype seemed unworthy based off the few tracks I've heard, but I can't deny the vibe of this song, mostly due to the beat.

From techno to trance. This is another one where the lyrics are pretty meh but the beat/vibe are just so dope to me. Makes me wanna zone out.

Another summertime feel-good jam. Love this song. Sample source anybody?

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

young local group i'm feelin

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    im a huge fan of the jacka but that 80s tape is kinda just on the wrong side of the staid tribute / fun album divide for me. or straddling it. i dunno.

i like his split album w/ laroo from earlier this year better, the one w/ 'blood shot eyez' & 'put it on 1' and 'top floor'

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Slow start but end of the tape is great.

27 tracks is really too much, he needs an editor.
    A handful of duds, but other tracks shine.
    Not as good as the first, but I like it much better than The Refill.
    And, please! Mr.Pill, for the love of sexy moods everywhere, stop doing sex rhymes!

I'm liking TI's F*ck a Mixtape, too.

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

so bad. on every level.

really tho...cliche after cliche, whens it time for something new huh ?

as usual, nothing to see.... HEAR.

MURDER MURDER MURDER, KILL KILL KILL.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    RAW_HAMBURGER said:
    HarveyCanal said:

so bad. on every level.

really tho...cliche after cliche, whens it time for something new huh ?

as usual, nothing to see.... HEAR.

MURDER MURDER MURDER, KILL KILL KILL.

Why in the world are you holding rappers accountable for a societal environment beyond their control?

Yes, of course...when is it time for something new?

When will selling crack not be such a go-to enterprise in the hood?

Not today is the unfortunately the answer.

So until we see such a societal change, we can expect to continue to see crack rappers...some of which do their raps with a bit of talent behind them.

Maybe you don't see the artistry behind this KIng Solo song/video...and maybe you deny the same sort of thing from a Young Jeezy. Lil Boosie or TI...but really, that's just you, homey.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    smoking_robot said:
    Woimsah said:

this dude performed at my friends store's one year anniversary party, it was a pretty good performance. dude is real intense. i was digging that track black chukkas a lot, couldnt find a good version of on youtube or nothin though.

Send me your email via PM -- will shoot you MP3.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,093 Posts
    Via WESMS:

• maldorurrmaldorurr 120 Posts
    Gary said:

Stay fly like Amelia Earhart.

Hmmm.

Is this a new album coming out? These tracks are great/.
    :feelin_it:

Second that question about an LP drop.

The Juney Boomdata track I mentioned a few back.

• jjrocksjjrocks 109 Posts

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Reynaldo said:

Wow it took me hearing this track to get why everyone is talking about this dude.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Long time no see...perfect post to make a comeback! I feel like raising some eyebrows today...

I see someone mentioned Gilbere Forte...I'm currently submitting tracks since I know the management team. HE's really nice wit it. I listened to some unreleased stuffs and he got what it takes, no doubt. Maybe what he already released don't reflect his true potential. I trust the future. he might not become a star overnight, but he makes good music.
    For the people I'm listening to, i'm gonna be very subjective since I work or will work with half of my playlist. So people I like may be people I work with...kinda biased to the fullest, but hey, to each his own.
    First I would mention my man Freddie Gibbs. He has done a wonderful buzzing job this last two years. His mixtapes are heavy...Even when he goes old-school, who in the hell would dig a Milkbone beat in 2010??!!

I like Pills too. His concept came up proper...All that medicine stuff, I was skeptical at the beggining. But not anymore. Specially when he does tracks like this :

Texas-related, I'm working with Steve Below (http://www.ozonemag.com/2010/05/28/pimp-c-protege-steve-below-the-unheard-legend/) on some artist from Duncanville,TX. His name (Johnny Ringo) already rings bell over there. He did a feat with Bun B and we are exec producing his LP :

Finally, I'll mentionned a couple of artist/producers that did a nice job lately according to my standards...
    Starlito, Big K.R.I.T., Wiz Khalifa, Pac Div and Curren$y. I keep 'em in heavy rotation lately...

new Juvie's catchy as hell IMO.

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts

• planlessplanless 819 Posts

:raw:

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,093 Posts

• jjrocksjjrocks 109 Posts
    Came out two years ago, but I only stumbled upon them while watching bavu blakes on youtube. Sad it took me so long to hear this.

GOOD GRAVY:

Helllooooo Summer!

i think i posted a vid earlier of this local underground group Aquaforce, who I'm really feelin.

They just dropped a mixtape today; recommend getting it here: http://aquaforcemusic.wordpress.com/2010/07/04/the-legend-of-tony-earl-return-to-the-catalina-wine-mixer/