NFC Esat is a circus.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

NFC Esat is a circus.

The entire league is a circus..........this season is going to be great

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    RAJ said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    LOLRAIDERS

I REALLY like Bruce Gradkowski.... He even has Hayward-Bey looking good. Sea Bass was the real Goat in that one.

Oh yeah, that loss was completely on Sea Bass...it's just that the Raiders as a team are pretty well cursed--even when they do what's needed to get a win, they lose.

• Options
    DJ_Enki said:
    RAJ said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    LOLRAIDERS

I REALLY like Bruce Gradkowski.... He even has Hayward-Bey looking good. Sea Bass was the real Goat in that one.

Oh yeah, that loss was completely on Sea Bass...it's just that the Raiders as a team are pretty well cursed--even when they do what's needed to get a win, they lose.

But look on the bright side. The Patriots have Oakland's #1 pick next year.

I'm hoping for Mark Ingram.

• Man was that Giant's game ugly. My team is imploding right before my eyes. I'm glad I was out of the house and having a good time instead of watching that travesty. Can't believe the rest of the world is going to be subjected to another Sunday night horror film when we play the Bears next week. The Bears are not going to do us like the Colts, but let's just say the Gaints will be going to the club in sweatpants with a gat tucked in.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Oh, Garrett Hartley.

• Raiders actually played like a real team.

Jets-Phins was a sick game.

Niners. Well, I dont really have muc interest in talking about that.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

Mike Singletary is pure comedy at this point:

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    And that was only after week one.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    the end of this Bolts/Seahawks game was ridiculous. Glad Seattle won, though.

Seconded. Thank Zeus for our terrible division.

Additionally, I must note:

BOLTS over SEAHAWKS - no problem

• edpowers said:

NFC East is a circus.

The entire league is a circus..........this season is going to be great

Let it be noted that going into week 4 the only NFC team that remains undefeated is the Chicago Bears, and in the AFC, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Kansas City Chiefs are the remaining unbeatens. Think about that for a second. What the fuck is going on.

• edpowers said:

Let it be noted that going into week 4 the only NFC team that remains undefeated is the Chicago Bears, and in the AFC, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Kansas City Chiefs are the remaining unbeatens. Think about that for a second. What the fuck is going on.

The Packers beat themselves with 17 penalties against Chicago. Green Bay is still the best team in the NFC North.

Garcia_Vega said:
    edpowers said:

The Packers beat themselves with 17 penalties against Chicago. Green Bay is still the best team in the NFC North.

...with no running game whatsoever.

• "...with no running game whatsoever".

who needs a running game when you have A. Rodgers and the best receiving core in the NFL? Rodgers still had a great game even know they lost. my point being the Packs bread and butter is the pass game and even the loss of a solid back in Ryan Grant wont hurt them too much.

DustedDon said:
    "...with no running game whatsoever".

who needs a running game when you have A. Rodgers and the best receiving core in the NFL. Rodgers still had a great game even know they lost.

Um, with no running game, no Super Bowl...no chance in fact.

• i'll admit that Brandon Jackson is unproven but he seems to be a pretty solid back and can catch the ball well on short screens. to say the Pack has "no running game whatsoever" is a bit of an exaggeration.

• DustedDon said:
    "...with no running game whatsoever".

who needs a running game when you have A. Rodgers and the best receiving core in the NFL? Rodgers still had a great game even know they lost. my point being the Packs bread and butter is the pass game and even the loss of a solid back in Ryan Grant wont hurt them too much.

I'm not saying the Bears are the best team in the NFC, even if they have the best record, and many would say they should be 1-2. I just think it goes to show how crazy the league is right now, and really how much parity there is? That last part is a total assumption for now.

And I appreciate your enthusiasm for your team, but saying the Packers have the best receiving core in the NFL is a stretch. Even though the league has become passing dominated, you can't have Rodgers pass 45 times like they did last night. Look at the Cowboys, abandon the run at your own peril. Grant is a big loss, but not the end to the team, Jackson needs to get more touches than he did last night.

• "Jackson needs to get more touches than he did last night".

agreed...

• RAJ said:
    rootlesscosmo said:

Mike Singletary is pure comedy at this point:

The poor anchor was fired shortly after this interview, to boot. My kingdom for a legit head coach.

• Garcia_Vega said:
    I just think it goes to show how crazy the league is right now

Is it really? More like NFL pundits and fans don't really know as much as they think they do. Take a look at the Niners, whom many picked to run away with the NFC West, if not make a surprise run at the Super Bowl. They got trounced by the Seahawks and the Chiefs and lost a close one to the reigning champs. The Chiefs, meanwhile, beat a consistently overrated Chargers team that always is slow out of the gate.

My beloved Bears are supposedly a doormat of the league, even after they got a franchise quarterback last year and landed the biggest free agent acquisition this year in Mr. Julius Peppers. We "should" be 1-2 exactly how? A rule was called correctly in the first game against the Lions, they played a solid game against another always-overrated squad in Dallas, and then scrapped out a win against the Packers with a timely turnover. Sure, they had a lot of penalties called against them but that's because they got a lot of pressure on Rodgers (alas, no sacks) and the crowd was going bonkers (several Green Bay false starts). The Bears won exactly how they did when they went to the Super Bowl several years back -- defense stepped up when they needed to and special teams made some big plays.

It's only "crazy" because the established narrative was bunk from the jump.

• white_tea said:

It's only "crazy" because the established narrative was bunk from the jump.

This is true almost every year though. I'll admitt I've fallen into the trap of thinking too much about last year, and off season aquisitions, instead of just really looking at how teams are preforming going into week 4. The first few weeks in the NFL are always full of suprises, its after week 4 that things start to flesh out, and then we wait on injuries and see what team is going to be hot and cold closest to the post season. But still, you look at the undefeated teams of last year after week 3 and they were the favorites (Colts, Giants, Vikings, Saints). Nobody picked the Bears or the Chiefs to be undefeated at this point, and all the favorites have lost at least one, and that to me is crazy.

• Don't be so sure about these teams based on what we've seen so far. I'm still not buying Da Bears at all. The Chiefs are gonna be good, but I honestly don't think they're there yet despite the 3-0 record- Matt Cassell still has a lot to prove before I'll believe he's worth a damn. The Steelers are the only undefeated team that I might be sold on... didn't think it would be possible with Ruthlessbanger out for the first four, but I guess Polamalu DOES make that much of a difference after all. Passing league my ass... defense STILL wins CHIPs, don't believe the hype

• Options
    Garcia_Vega said:
    But still, you look at the undefeated teams of last year after week 3 and they were the favorites (Colts, Giants, Vikings, Saints). Nobody picked the Bears or the Chiefs to be undefeated at this point, and all the favorites have lost at least one, and that to me is crazy.

You forgot the Broncos, who started off at 6-0 last year.

There are always early surprises in the NFL.

Here's a quiz that's tougher than you'd think: Starting NFL QBs of the 2000s. There are 161 of them. I got 60. :oof:

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Here's a quiz that's tougher than you'd think: Starting NFL QBs of the 2000s. There are 161 of them. I got 60. :oof:

Cowboys had 11
    Anthony Wright
    Ryan Leaf
    Clint Stoerner
    Quincy carter
    Drew Henson
    Drew Bledsoe
    Brad Johnson
    Vinny Testaverde
    Chad Hutchinson
    Troy Aikman
    Tony Romo

Rockadelic said:
    DJ_Enki said:

Cowboys had 11
    Anthony Wright
    Ryan Leaf
    Clint Stoerner
    Quincy carter
    Drew Henson
    Drew Bledsoe
    Brad Johnson
    Vinny Testaverde
    Chad Hutchinson
    Troy Aikman
    Tony Romo

Yeah, part of it is being able to name these benchwarmers who got one or two starts, but also, places like Cincy and Cleveland where the QB position has basically been a revolving door. I probably wasted way too much time trying to remember all those scrubs.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    dgriot said:
    The poor anchor was fired shortly after this interview, to boot. My kingdom for a legit head coach.

Seriously? No part of that interview was his fault.

• Week 4:

Jets over Bills, Oof the Bills
    Bengals over Browns, Can Batman and Robin please have their breakout game already
    Steelers over Ravens, The game will end 9-6
    Titans over Broncos, Intersting match-up, could go either way I feel. I just read Kyle Orton has the second most passing yards in the league now.
    Packers over Lions, I kind of want the Lions to pull off an upset here though.
    Falcons over Niners, Is Singletary on the way out?
    Saints over Panthers, Are the Panthers this year's Bucs?
    Rams over Seahawks, I don't like Seattle on the raod, although Green could do some damage this game.
    Colts over Jags, Are the Jags this year's Lions?
    Texans over Raiders
    Eagles over Redskins, Phill Most, emotionally, where are you with this game? Who will get boo'd the hardest?
    Chargers over Cards, Everytime after the Chargers lay an egg they come back hard.
    Giants over Bears, DO NOT KICK IT TO HESTER!
    Dolphins over Patriots, I hope this game is very entertaining. Pats defense is kind of weak right now. Also can a Pats fan talk to me about Aaron Hernandez? Edpowers, this being your favorite matchup all year, please wax poetic about it.

I got two hours to go on a slow Friday, indulge me fellas.