The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Moral victory for sure.
    putting reggie bush on the sidelines for 8 weeks is always a moral victory.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Not that it really mattered with Flacco playing catch with the Bengals secondary but this has the be the worst call in the history of the planet.

seeing montana in the stadium for the mnf game made me think back about how that penalty had altered the defensive game in the last 8 years-- specifically how that penalty has gone from a good thing to protect players that are prone to greater injury because of the nature of their position, to a call that makes qb's seem like pansies that can't take a hit anymore.

i mean, dude had his back broken on the field being helmet-first speared from the blind side in the late 80's (?), and not a flag was thrown. you can't even look at quarterbacks the wrong way anymore, it's retarded.

• yeah and Young still getting that commentator cheddar despite mulitple-concussion-related speech impediments. I think Joe was not on the field due to his limited movement these days; I met dude and I can attest to the fact that he cant turn his head.

that's nuts. i remember reading something about joe being involved in some pro-am rodeo circuit... maybe 8 or 9 years ago? dude was a rock.

i'll dig around to see if i can find footage, but i think he was out there with the whole gang during the rice ceremony-- it just wasn't edited into the mnf footage.

• The flute playing at 1:42 is so soft... Vick is Sick in so many ways. He will be a Cardinal next year and hopefully the collective bargaining agreement sets him him up to make cash and he starts to do some blow your mind hoodrat hall of fame shit.

PS. Alex Smith Sux

• ^^^

very moving clip, the scars on the face of that poor dog at the very end....it's disgusting really that this man has a chance at the NFL again, I cannot tolerate animal cruelty at all, it really makes me sick.

That said I understand the decision to go with Vick this weekend. He's played well the first 2 weeks, could be a serious setback for Kolb if he started & flopped against Jacksonville on Sunday...

I like the Eagles, I'd like to see them win a Superbowl in the near future but as long as this scumbag is at the helm I hope they fail.....miserably

• Week 3 picks:

Titans over Giants, ugh Chris runs for 150 yards
    Bengals over Panthers, Panthers are really off their game so far this season
    Steelers over Bucs, Its easy to take on Cleveland and Carolina, but Pitt and their defense is a different story
    Pats over Bills, This could be ugly
    Ravens over Browns, Bye Bye Mangini
    Niners over Chiefs, I like what the Chiefs have done so far, but I don't think they'll be able to handle the Niner's recievers or Gore.
    Texans over Cowboys, Bye Bye Wade Philips. Wow, will the Cowboys go 0-3 into their bye week? damn
    Vikings over Lions, I just can't take the Lions in this game, not yet. I expect AP to have a big day.
    Saints over Falcons, This is going to be an either really good game or a really bad one.
    Redskins over Rams, I hate the Rams
    Jags over Eagles, I might very well be wrong on this one, both teams have had a weird two weeks.
    Colts over Broncos, The Colts own Denver
    Cards over Raiders, Yuk @ this game, Lol @ Campbell getting benched already
    Chargers over Seahawks, Could possibly be an interesting game
    Dolphins over Jets, I really want to see the Wildcat vs the Jets D
    Packers over Bears, I like this game, Jay Cutler will be exposed as a fraud

No real suprises from me this week.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    You only picked 2 underdogs outta the whole schedule...Titans and Jags...fair enough a call, but bound to be more than that.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    The Battle for Texas is going to be so ill.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    phongone said:

The worst thing to happen to the Cowboys in the last year was beating the undefeated Saints....that game alone saved Wade Phillips job. If they lose this week I expect Wade to get the axe and starting a new coach off mid-season is never a good idea.

What has beaten the Cowboys twice this year has been the type of mistakes that indicate it's a very undisciplined team and that lies with the coaches imo.

Until Jerry Jones swallows his pride and hires a coach that he turns over 100% of the team decisions to, we will be a losing team.

That being said, if they win this week all bets are off.

The talent is there.

• HarveyCanal said:
    You only picked 2 underdogs outta the whole schedule...Titans and Jags...fair enough a call, but bound to be more than that.

The Titans are the underdog in that game? Why, because its in NY? Also, I would say the Dolphins are the underdogs in that one, even with Revis out.

The Cowboys, Lions, Falcons, and Rams could all win, but I'm calling it the other way.

Really though I pick just to get some discussion going on, and honestly, I want to see other people's picks for the week too.

I'd kind of be down to start a survivor pool if you'd all be into it.

Garcia_Vega said:
    HarveyCanal said:

The Titans are the underdog in that game? Why, because its in NY? Also, I would say the Dolphins are the underdogs in that one, even with Revis out.

The Cowboys, Lions, Falcons, and Rams could all win, but I'm calling it the other way.

Really though I pick just to get some discussion going on, and honestly, I want to see other people's picks for the week too.

I'd kind of be down to start a survivor pool if you'd all be into it.

I'm trying to get a website started with a friend where we sell suggested picks each week. Problem is I'm actually new to picking against the spread and I didn't do so well week1. Trying to establish credibility with a string of good calls.

This week I'm taking

Bengals -3 @ Panthers
    Browns @ Ravens -10.5
    Redskins -3.5 @ Rams

But yeah, the Giants are a 3 point favorite and the Dolphins are a 2 point favorite against the Jets.

Far as a pool, I'm already committed to too many other things to really do that. Then again, if it's just some informal thing on here with no money attached, sure thing.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    phongone said:

Early season games like this hardly ever live up to expectations........i feel a blowout ..by who is the question.......what we will learn from this game is whether Dallas is done or if Houston is the real deal

• HarveyCanal said:

Far as a pool, I'm already committed to too many other things to really do that. Then again, if it's just some informal thing on here with no money attached, sure thing.

Informal and simple for sure. You pick one winner a week and can't pick the same team again. Your picks lose two weeks in a row and you're out. Person with the least number of losses in the season wins. This is the simplest survivor, we could make it more interesting and say we have to pick alternating NFC and AFC teams every week, or eliminate divsion leaders from picks, take out the team with the biggest spread of the week, etc. We can all post our picks here, or do it via pm, and make a tally Monday or Tuesday.

• Garcia_Vega said:
    Week 3 picks:

Jay Cutler will be exposed as a fraud

Jay had a bad year in 2009 with no running game, no offensive line & no receivers (ok Knox & Aromosdou were alright on occasions). Not much has changed in 2010 but expect to see the Cutler the Bears gave up two 1st round draft picks for....Cutler is the real deal

Okay, I'm with it...if I'm just making weekly picks and you are moderating it. Anybody else want in?

Steelers over Bucs, Its easy to take on Cleveland and Carolina, but Pitt and their defense is a different story

Steelers D hasnt played a real offense yet

Pats over Bills, This could be ugly

could be an upset.......new Qb...division game

Niners over Chiefs, I like what the Chiefs have done so far, but I don't think they'll be able to handle the Niner's recievers or Gore.

KC stinks....they get most of their points from special teams and turnovers

Redskins over Rams, I hate the Rams

Rams have looked good so far.....Redskins age will show eventually

Jags over Eagles, I might very well be wrong on this one, both teams have had a weird two weeks.

Jags stink....Eagles stink too

Cards over Raiders, Yuk @ this game, Lol @ Campbell getting benched already

The two worst teams in the league....neither can score

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    edpowers said:

:NO:

Sorry but the Titans and Falcons are decent offenses.

Holding Cj2K to just 20 years rushing?

:killin_it:

RAJ said:
    edpowers said:

:NO:

Sorry but the Titans and Falcons are decent offenses.

Holding Cj2K to just 20 years rushing?

:killin_it:

I'm not sure what Atlanta is.......they scored against Arizona but i don't know if that means anything

Tenn is a one trick pony.......except for his one break away run against The Raiders Chris Johnson really didn't do much in that game either

Pittsburgh doesn't play a team with any offense until Week 8 (NO).....until then :icallbullshit:

• that saints team that has been stagnant as hell for the first 2 weeks? i guess 6 more weeks to get their shit together, but they dont look like worldbeaters at the moment.....

ATL and TEN both have average to above average offesnses, i'd say the pitt D has been in beastmode.

what do i know though, i'm a chiefs fan

• Steelers D?
    Troy Polamalu needs to get his agent away from the Head & Shoulders people & knockin on the Rooney's door next off season for a new deal...

• TITANS over G-MEN - Yes, CJ2K for somewhere near 200
    BENGALS over PANTHERS - Cincy starts getting on track here, should dominate
    STILLERS over BUCS - I like the Bucs this year... I think they are actually rebuilding this team the right way. But Dick Lebeau defenses FEAST on young QBs... as much as I'd like to pick the big upset here, logic says it's not gonna happen. Mike Williams is the truth regardless.
    FLYING ELVISES over BILLS - could get ugly on the level of the Pats win over the Titans last year
    RAVENS over BROWNS - those Ray Lewis Old Spice commercials are funny as shit
    NINERS over CHIEFS - still think SF is gonna be a team to deal with this year. still think Alex Smith is gonna have a good season, too. Eric Berry is my No. 4 MONSTER so far this year (behind Clay Matthews, Suh and Laron Landry)
    TEXANS over COWBOYS - how bout them Cowboys? Hard to believe they'll go 0-3 but I gotta pick the team I think is better right now, especially playing in Houston where that whole stadium is gonna be in a cotdamn frenzy
    VIKINGS over LIONS - Joe Theismann picking the Lions to win this game... LOL at Joe Theismann getting paid to say anything. The Lions are better but they still are not a good team. Even Berrian should be able to exploit that lousy ass secondary.
    FALCONS over SAINTS - I'm just hatin' (I'm from Philly)
    OVER THE HILL GANG over RAMS - Skins will indeed fade at some point this season... not yet, though
    THE RON MEXICO DOG SHOW over JAGUARS - might be closer than people think, though. If Jax wasn't soooo putrid I might pick an outright upset. Although I support Reid's decision to play Vick (Vick > Kolb, a no-brainer.... sorry, animal lovers), the dog murderer is going to have a terrible game or two at some point this season and all hell is gonna break loose around here. Man, I'm not gonna survive all the soap opera shit we are in for this year in Philly.
    COLTS over BRONCOS - should be easy
    RAIDERS over CARDS - Cardinals are just awful. Did they really make the Super Bowl the year before last??? Raiders made the right move switching QBs... I want to like Jason Campbell, but I just don't see him ever getting it.
    BOLTS over SEAHAWKS - no problem
    DOLPHINS over JETS - haven't had a chance to watch Miami yet this year, so this pick is just a shot in the dark. If the Jets had Revis to put on Brandon Marshall I might pick it differently
    PACKERS over BEARS - is either team wearing their throwbacks? could sway my decision but f--k it... the Packers are the real thing, the Bears are a big fat FRAUD. Even in Chicago, the Pack takes it.

• Raj, this is awesome as f--k but how in the HELL is this not a penalty (and a big fine too if you ask me)?

Saints -- FIRE YOUR KICKER!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Saints -- FIRE YOUR KICKER!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    the end of this Bolts/Seahawks game was ridiculous. Glad Seattle won, though.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    LOLRAIDERS

DJ_Enki said:
    LOLRAIDERS

I REALLY like Bruce Gradkowski.... He even has Hayward-Bey looking good. Sea Bass was the real Goat in that one.