The 2010 NFL Thread

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The bears are so stinky.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Lions-robbed
    Packers-not gonna get the crown with a godawful offensive line.

The_Non said:
    Lions-robbed.

That call was such bullshit...

• RAJ said:
    The_Non said:
    Lions-robbed.

That call was such bullshit...

That was a Lions win taken away. Calvin Johnson caught the ball, made a football move of two steps or more and then fell down. He just turned over and the ball came out as he was trying to get back up on his feet. But they can't linger on that anymore. They got to prepare themselves for next week.

• um...

• The Colts losing to the Texans, although it's only the first game of the season, is the signs that the Colts and their season in the sun are almost done.

Seattle demolishing San Francisco was not all that unexpected by me. With a healthy Hasselbeck under center, Seattle can air it out with the best of them.

Sam Bradford is looking impressive so far.

Can't wait to see my Skins against the Boys tonight.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    incompletejigsaw said:
    The Colts losing to the Texans, although it's only the first game of the season, is the signs that the Colts and their season in the sun are almost done.

Seattle demolishing San Francisco was not all that unexpected by me. With a healthy Hasselbeck under center, Seattle can air it out with the best of them.

Sam Bradford is looking impressive so far.

Can't wait to see my Skins against the Boys tonight.

Dudes are real quick to count out the Colts; remember they tend to start out slow. Peyton will heat up soon enough.

b/w

Arian Foster is the truth.

ROFL at Cowboys Fumble Fail

• LOL at Colts slow start- 7-0 or better four of five seasons since 2005. Two better than 10-0 in that time.

I'm not counting them out, but don't talk dumb stuff.

• Options
    gareth said:
    LOL at Colts slow start- 7-0 or better four of five seasons since 2005. Two better than 10-0 in that time.

You beat me to it. It was about as inaccurately bad as, say, calling the Lions "perennial contenders" would be.

• daaaag... Skins took it to the Cowchips. Always some surprises week one. Jerry Jones gonna tie somebody to the wing on the plane ride back to Dallas

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    uh my bad...

• Options
    I Had Sex With The Lyn Christopher Record said:
    daaaag... Skins took it to the Cowchips. Always some surprises week one. Jerry Jones gonna tie somebody to the wing on the plane ride back to Dallas

He should ride the wing himself. He's their biggest problem and has been since Jimmy Johnson left.

• RAJ said:

It was 3-0 at that point. Romo should've just tossed it out of bounds or even better: kneel and regroup for the second half. Dumb move on the Cowboys, brilliant move by my Skins. As for Jerry Jones being the problem, he was also heavily involved when the Cowboys had all the answers in the mid-90s.

• RAJ said:

I think that was our redemption play from when Meachem scored a touchdown after he stripped it from Kareem Moore last year.

• I Had Sex With The Lyn Christopher Record said:
    daaaag... Skins took it to the Cowchips. Always some surprises week one. Jerry Jones gonna tie somebody to the wing on the plane ride back to Dallas

My vote goes for Alex Barron. I have a strange feeling he may not even be on the team when they get back to Dallas.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    NFL Gameday - Rich Eisen = FAIL

• Options
    incompletejigsaw said:
    RAJ said:

It was 3-0 at that point. Romo should've just tossed it out of bounds or even better: kneel and regroup for the second half. Dumb move on the Cowboys, brilliant move by my Skins. As for Jerry Jones being the problem, he was also heavily involved when the Cowboys had all the answers in the mid-90s.

Yeah, that's why I said:

"He???s their biggest problem and has been since Jimmy Johnson left. "

That was before his ego ate his brain and he became their biggest problem.

• gareth said:
    LOL at Colts slow start- 7-0 or better four of five seasons since 2005. Two better than 10-0 in that time.

yeah, the colts only lived up to my preseason worries. it just looked ugly out there, back to pre-superbowl win with no run defense.

however, houston only prepares to play the colts, they won their superbowl already (i mad doggie?)

• Really, it's week one- you can only glean so much from these games.

That said, Houston's got to feel great about that win- and winning on the ground, no less; I remember seeing the last year rush ypg graphic: 90ish today: 250ish. I mean, they won in a way that has not been their style, and that makes it interesting.

I think the Colts have the most important player in the NFL - the single best QB. But, between Sanders never playing again for them (my prediction), the Ugoh swing and miss(an unfathomable misstep from the best GM/drafter in the NFL), the way they lost the SB... I just think their mystique/aura have taken a hit, not unlike when the Pats lost SB42. When teams are revealed as beatable, the rest of the league can swarm like locusts.

Either way... Thanks be to god that the NFL is back.

• gareth said:
    Really, it's week one- you can only glean so much from these games.

That said, Houston's got to feel great about that win- and winning on the ground, no less; I remember seeing the last year rush ypg graphic: 90ish today: 250ish. I mean, they won in a way that has not been their style, and that makes it interesting.

I think the Colts have the most important player in the NFL - the single best QB. But, between Sanders never playing again for them (my prediction), the Ugoh swing and miss(an unfathomable misstep from the best GM/drafter in the NFL), the way they lost the SB... I just think their mystique/aura have taken a hit, not unlike when the Pats lost SB42. When teams are revealed as beatable, the rest of the league can swarm like locusts.

Either way... Thanks be to god that the NFL is back.

saying. the downfall really set in when Marvin left.

so happy football is back

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Mike Singletary has no business coaching a football team.

• Options
    edpowers said:

Then again, Norv Turner and Wade Phillips still have jobs.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    PelvicDust said:
    edpowers said:

Jason Garrett is Wade's biggest problem.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Hey Bears fans, if any of you actually exist...did the Bears not once, but twice punt from the Lions 38 yard line only down by 1???

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    edpowers said:
    PelvicDust said:
    edpowers said:

Wade Phillips was a loser before Jason Garrett. A competent coaching staff would do wonders in Big D.

• Options
    The_Non said:
    edpowers said:
    PelvicDust said:
    edpowers said:

Wade Phillips was a loser before Jason Garrett. A competent coaching staff would do wonders in Big D if the owner would stop meddling and hire a real GM.

• PelvicDust said:
    The_Non said:
    edpowers said:
    PelvicDust said:
    edpowers said:

Wade Phillips was a loser before Jason Garrett. A competent coaching staff would do wonders in Big D if the owner would stop meddling and hire a real GM.

I remember when Shanahan was still on the market and there were rumors that Jerry Jones would pick him up, but that Shanahan wouldn't do it unless he hired a GM first. I guess Jerry didn't like being told what to do with his team. I'm just glad my Skins got to him first. And Singletary is creating an identity in San Francisco that wasn't there before. They got demolished yesterday, but I like how he handled it by saying they're going to take their medicine.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Ravens 20 Jets 13. Let's get it on.

• Love the Redskins with old color gold pants

Loved the Eagles in the 1960 throwbacks, I think Vick is the fastest player I've ever seen on the football field, some of the plays he made with his legs yesterday, WOW!!