TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    DOR said:

I prefer to look at the possible bright side of this story.

Liverpool have red jerseys, you know.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Nev L**** thinks that Liverpool are in the verge of having their debts bought out by someone out of Tekken.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    I don't imagine Duder is going to like this too much.

F*ck off - Vinger is building a team for the future!
    Wilshere, Jesus but with a football. He does look quite good, even if the comparisions with Scholes include his tackling.

But this headline doesn't exactly fill me with confidence:

Manuel Almunia has insisted he 'does not need to convince anybody' of his credentials as a goalkeeper

Judging by his reaction, I reckon Song might have something to say about that.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I must confess to being a bit excited and relieved when I read that not only is Torres staying at Liverpool but that he's aiming to help them win the title. What with both $tevie and Carra being strangely silent this year I was afraid that we wouldn't get the obligatory 'Pool for the title statement from a player this year.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    musica said:
    DOR said:

I prefer to look at the possible bright side of this story.

Liverpool have red jerseys, you know.

If only Harry Harris wasn't so utterly full of shit, though.

Hicks and Gillett really should just take the L and move on. They must surely realise by now that there's no possibility of them making anything on any deal in the present circumstances, and that things are only going to worsen if they dig their heels in.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    cause it's soooo slow around here..

:f-u: Barca

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    So Liverpool under Roy?

The shackles are off it seems.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    So Liverpool under Roy?

The shackles are off it seems.

How so? I missed the game last night.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    adebayor is fucking up
    i don't think he will mesh with forlan at juve
    balotelli is fucking up big time:you want250k a week and image rights
    how about your own statue and province
    this guy will be a guti esque brash arrogant washaway

Liverpool were doing back heels, flicks and all that shit. It was actually attacking expressive stuff with 'wrong-footed' wingers cutting inside and full-backs bombing forward. Joe Cole looked impressive and they should have scored a lot more.

Obviously it'll be worth reserving judgement for when they play some real opposition. Also not sure if some of these unproven lightweights in the squad will be good enough to challenge for a trophy.

They'll be playing this at Eastlands next season for when the players come out the tunnel.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Liverpool were always a quality side, they should've won the title 2 seasons ago and last season they just lost the plot some how. Not sure if old man Cole and old man MeMe can carry them through the season though.

The first game of the season should be an interesting one. Arshavin to score.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Citeh are nuts. How much did they pay for Robinho, just to let him sunbathe out in Brazil, 70 million?
    Then they spend 25 million on Adey just to sell him on for a knock down fee a year later..

They've got to get rid of, what, 5 players to conform to the new squad limits? And noone seems to be buying right now, just waiting for the fire sale.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    plus they have a lot of quality guys that know they won't play
    ready to leave
    i prefer the way spurs we're retooled than citeh
    although they are entertainnig on and off the pitch

No doubt, Liverpool were quality at various points under Rafa.

Just saying, I watched more of the Scousers last season than I'd care to admit. It was atrocious.

And re: Citeh.. where are the players that can hold on to the ball, not just rugged midfield destroyers and defenders who aren't leaky fucks?

Paul said:
    They'll be playing this at Eastlands next season for when the players come out the tunnel.

How else to acquire players good enough to improve the squad? BP dividends?

We were going nowhere with the likes of Dickov, Benjani and Darius f*cking Vassel. I missed the week Rooney, Berbs and Rio were 3 for a pound.

No hatt, doe. Just chortling in Chorlton.

Srs doe, City are still at least a season away from sorting the men from the boys and cannot be motivated by fear in the same way Taggart pulls the strings in Salford. Wenger still runs a tight ship, and Chelsea are no weaker. I predict the same top 3 with 4th being a scrap between City again, LFC and Spurs.

Mancini to go for not getting a top 3 slot.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    And re: Citeh.. where are the players that can hold on to the ball, not just rugged midfield destroyers and defenders who aren't leaky fucks?

They've got to have at least 100 million tied up in defensive midfielders already, Vieira, DeJong, Yaya, Barry, Kompany.
    If the papers are to believed they want to swap Ireland + cash for Milner, and deal Villa should bite their hand off for. So that'll fix it. lols.

Paul said:
    Liverpool were doing back heels, flicks and all that shit. It was actually attacking expressive stuff with 'wrong-footed' wingers cutting inside and full-backs bombing forward. Joe Cole looked impressive and they should have scored a lot more.

Obviously it'll be worth reserving judgement for when they play some real opposition. Also not sure if some of these unproven lightweights in the squad will be good enough to challenge for a trophy.

Yeah we looked the part, but I admit your last point is crucial. I hope we can get a healthy Aquilani into the mix as well.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    excited for PL2010-11 but camping during superweekend :(
    excited about
    chelsea:essien's return,benayoun may act like milito for us,kalou/drogba/malouda/anelka with respective chips on their shoulder, the back getting even better with ramires

liverpool: cole,el nino de regresso...
    arsenal:cesc de regresso
    manU:hernandez
    tottenham vs citeh:will a more disciplined side prevail in the rankings or the club of sire sp??ndalot

pcmr said:

Did you catch this game? Pretty wild. Hernandez played for Chivas in the 1st half, then Man U in the second. Check this goal:

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Paul said:

Some of those unproven lightweights - Kelly and Pacheco in particular - ought to have had a few starts last season. That said, we looked better than we've looked in a while, even against that rubbish (Trabzonspor will be much more of a challenge), and while I'm not yet entirely convinced that Woy is the man to lead us back to The Promised Land, he's already done enough to persuade me that the coming season won't be the write-off the last campaign was.

As for Ciddy, I was in Manchester this weekend and went along to Eastlands with a few mates to watch the friendly against Valencia. Notably absent were Bellamy (off to Spurs), Ireland (off to Villa), Bridge (off to Anfield?) and Robinho (off to fuck-knows-where). However, I was very impressed by Adam Johnson and Jerome Boateng. Kolarov looked decent, and Jo looked pretty sharp as well. Tevez was subbed quite early, but still made his presence felt (City fans quite obviously adore him, especially since he dissed Gary Neville). It wasn't a particularly strong or purposeful Valencia side, and the game wasn't great but, if nothing else, City are going to have an amazing reserve side this season.

• per0per0 153 Posts
    FPL side - The Kop

pcmr said:

amazing finish.

All too easy. If I had the energy I'd find my post stating that this would be Berb's season just so I could look even smugger.

Title is in the bag.

Title wrapped up by March to allow us to concentrate on sealing the Quadruple.

One swallow does not make a Summer.

But it can make your whole night.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    pcmr said:

amazing finish.

That's the best version of I can find atm.

• Hi, glory-hunting strut lurker here just saying I'm rejoining the Fantasy Premier League, please don't kick me a week from the end.

Did his feet stick out the bed, doe? These are the important questions that go unanswered...

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=12345&posts=2&mid=316635#M316635