TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Duderonomy said:
    Was loving this defender's reaction to a Michael Laudrup dummy @ 3:42. Pure head-back, wtf he's-done-me-AGAIN vibes:

Love it. I'd forgotten how good he was. Almost as good as Joe Cole?

The dribbling & first touch is certainly amazing, but what hadn't stuck with me was the weight of his passes - the number of times you see him thread a ball behind the defence, but think, "hang on, the defender is surely going to cut that pass out", only to see that it's just a yard too fast for the defender, and just right for the on-rushing fullback/winger. Sort of thing Xavi gets gushing praise for, only Laudrup seemed even better at, PLUS, he could dribble like Zidane on amphetamines.

Joe Cole. Perhaps his biggest problem was that at Chelsea, Cole was at the only team in the Prem that could afford to regularly leave him on the bench. Essein, Deco, Ballack, Lampard, Mikel...

Robben, Duff... erm, SWP?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    One step at a time Duder, I have the MW2 addiction down pat so am sure the super sweet football skills are on their way. I'm going out this weekend to nut a few locals and bed some underage ladies of the night which should hopefully speed up the process.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    Don't forget to piss on a bin and spitroast a member of the Terry clan.

Baggsy Not-your-wingman.

Duderonomy said:
    Joe Cole. Perhaps his biggest problem was that at Chelsea, Cole was at the only team in the Prem that could afford to regularly leave him on the bench. Essein, Deco, Ballack, Lampard, Mikel...

Sure. Cole seems to be a peg that has no hole in that side. Like Stevie Ireland is now. I'd rate a fit Essien over the lot of them, he's been a great buy.

Any member of the Terry clan count? I'm thinking a few lines could seal the deal with Edward plus guarantee a bit of spending money from The Sun.

Sure. I hear it's better to give than to receive, doe.

It would probably be tighter.

But I'd wear wellies in any case.

Anyone copp the new Sherlock Holmes (the telly one set in 2010, rather than the Bob Downey one)?

Holmes and Watson good. 1st episode was entertaining.
    Then stories got very ropy. Jumped shark with a Moriarty camper than a row of pink tents 'pon de Brighton front. Unless they come up with some tighter plots, I'll be giving the rest the finger-crucifix.

The Bob Downey one was good fun.

Well if you've only ever received, giving is surely worth a go, 'Ster :gulp: You only live once and all that.

Wingman identified!

(or have I read that wrong?)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    In case you missed it.

Duderonomy said:
    @ pcmr

Steven Gerrard believes Liverpool are set for a bright new era under Roy Hodgson after the "horror" of last season ??? and claims that the new signing Joe Cole is better than Barcelona's Lionel Messi.

Thoughts?

i did miss it

that is proposterous
    although cole can create plays and is a key member to any team
    the speed and ability of messi is another stratosphere and he is the type of player that would improve any team anywhere anytime
    send joe cole to blackpool and he will do nothing

@okem
    why such barca hate
    as i see it you can be a fan that does not follow la liga that much
    but then you have to a)agree that barca plays attractive footbal (i am no arsenal fan but enjoy watching them)
    b)prefer real madrid to barca which in my mind there is absolutely no argument for
    rich weasels who yakeefy the league, kick out winning coaches and are related to franco
    vs
    a team built on membership since wayback,representing a proud culture and developping young players through their system
    let me know why youhatt them..where you rooting for milan against them last year

Duderonomy said:
    Well if you've only ever received, giving is surely worth a go, 'Ster :gulp: You only live once and all that.

Wingman identified!

I said "I hear..." - You may foist undeserved "Moisturiser!" tags upon me but that's as far as this metrosecshual bus goes.

pcmr said:
    Duderonomy said:
    In case you missed it.

Duderonomy said:
    @ pcmr

Steven Gerrard believes Liverpool are set for a bright new era under Roy Hodgson after the "horror" of last season ??? and claims that the new signing Joe Cole is better than Barcelona's Lionel Messi.

Thoughts?

i did miss it

that is proposterous

Heheh, I knew you'd get a kick out of that.

@okem
    why such barca hate

A few years back Chelsea were accused of 'tapping up' Ashley Cole, trying to instigate him to move from Arsenal. Ice-cream-gate etc.
    Barca haven't even been sly about it.

Then there was also the small matter of a 4-0 humping Messi gave to an under-strength Arsenal team in the Champs league last year... :-S

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Fuck Barca.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Which of you dudes watches the Dragon's Den on BBC?

It suddenly occurred to me the other night, whilst contemplating the mishapen-biscuit oddity that is sloe-eyed queen Evan Davis and the repulsively smug walking ego of self-styled guru and Peter Sutcliffe lookalike James Caan, that we are funding these cunts to take the opportunity to accrue shed-loads of extra cash on some intriguing venture capital possibilities by cornering and shafting poor dudes looking to live the dream.

I could of course be wrong, and Theo and them are actually paying the Beeb for the opportunity.

Those in the know to speak on it.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    gerrad quilt it

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    ZomB said:
    Yo folls

Not been on in a minute...i say a minute its more like 3 months!

Can some one hook me up with the fantasy league particulars please? Im eyeing another mid table finish. Thanks.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/
    League code: 329676-85193

Last place is mine I tells ya!

For the first time ever, I have selected a mune. May God have mercy on my soul.

2nd time.

Your bird is a mune, no?

J i m s t e r said:
    2nd time.

Your bird is a mune, no?

Yes, that's correct. She'd tell you she chose me, though.

I've been toying with the idea of a chelski player or two considering their easy start to the season but the thought of feeling warm inside when one of them scores just doesn't work for me. I am also officially sick of looking at my team already.

Bellers.

Keep him or sell him or watch him go home with his ball?

+: Skills and a grafter.
    -: He's 31 with bad knees.

Surely will do better than Paddy V, who we seem still keen on?

Junior said:
    I've been toying with the idea of a chelski player or two considering their easy start to the season but the thought of feeling warm inside when one of them scores just doesn't work for me. I am also officially sick of looking at my team already.

That's precisely how I feel. I'm looking at this particular United player and thinking about how I'm going to regret this is if he plays a blinder against us, as I suspect he might.

skel said:

I watch it, and always feel for the poor sods that get shafted by the Dragons... as soon as there's an investment that looks promising, the Dragons are like "I'll give you the money you want, but I want 55% of your business, and I'll shag your wife. But just think about what my business can do for yours".

As far as the trade-off goes, I don't know how it works if license-fee payers are propping up these c*nts in their never-ending search for MORE MON??Y, but I suspect we are.
    If I ever had some genuinely good idea, I would go on the den for the free publicity, and so I could tell the Dragons to kiss my arse.

For the Mune you love...

Roonaldo (/ Red Dwarf mashup IMHO) tee spotted:

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2010/08/premiership/super-ltd-edition-rooney-shirt-launched

Duderonomy said:
    skel said:

I watch it, and always feel for the poor sods that get shafted by the Dragons... as soon as there's an investment that looks promising, the Dragons are like "I'll give you the money you want, but I want 55% of your business, and I'll shag your wife. But just think about what my business can do for yours".

As far as the trade-off goes, I don't know how it works if license-fee payers are propping up these c*nts in their never-ending search for MORE MON??Y, but I suspect we are.
    If I ever had some genuinely good idea, I would go on the den for the free publicity, and so I could tell the Dragons to kiss my arse.

You have to weigh up their cut against the amount of publicity you get from doing business with them. Levi Root ain't complainin'.

J i m s t e r said:

You have to weigh up their cut against the amount of publicity you get from doing business with them. Levi Root ain't complainin'.

Or any other Jamaican bloke I've met in the last couple of years selling BBQ chicken using Reggae Reggae and either claiming it as their own special marinade, or claiming to be good friends with Levi - "I halp 'im a lickle wid da recipe".

It's fucking good on scrambled eggs + crumpets doe.

pcmr said:
    gerrad quilt it

What was the overall impression? Newspapers aren't that impressed, but it seems that England improved once they subbed some of the big-name-flops; Lampard, Terry, Cole, Barry, Rooney.

Wish Capello had just dropped the entire squad from the WC and started afresh in what was a meaningless fixture.

skel said:

It suddenly occurred to me the other night, whilst contemplating the mishapen-biscuit oddity that is sloe-eyed queen Evan Davis and the repulsively smug walking ego of self-styled guru and Peter Sutcliffe lookalike James Caan, that we are funding these cunts to take the opportunity to accrue shed-loads of extra cash on some intriguing venture capital possibilities by cornering and shafting poor dudes looking to live the dream.

I could of course be wrong, and Theo and them are actually paying the Beeb for the opportunity.

Those in the know to speak on it.

For me it's all about Theo. I'm not a violent man but I wouldn't hesitate in laying him out as soon as his smirk entered the room.

England match last night was entertaining in as much as it was interesting to see fresh faces having a go and proving whether they were or weren't up to the task. The Hungary goal was amusing but a bit of a shocker to get given. Johnson seems to have taken his mantle as replacement to Fwank to heart and shot at sight at every opportunity much to the annoyance of everybody. Overall, dodgy goal apart we looked comfortable enough but Stevie's two goals masked the fact that we didn't seem to have any more of a bite in the final third than we did at the WC.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Junior said:

For me it's all about Theo. I'm not a violent man but I wouldn't hesitate in laying him out as soon as his smirk entered the room.

I thought this was in reference to Walcott at first.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    gerrard had a great finish and some nice skills for the 2nd goal
    and i hate the old man but had to tip my hat off

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    Junior said:

I thought this was in reference to Walcott at first.
    Yes, I too was confused by what could make Junior hate the young lad so much.

All the 'dragons' are pretty damn punchable, even Deborah, who should get a pass cause she a lady but I'm pretty sure she's half and half (post op or pre op one way or the other)