TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Paul said:
    I rate Martin. I don't think any other Strutter does.

I do too.

Supposed excellent man-manager, in the style of Cloughie, without the ego or desire to chin Roy Keane.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Well I got that one wrong.

I must admit I am being slightly optimistic in tipping them for 4th, but they can defend and if anyone can make use of that Arab Money, it's your boy O'Neill.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Haven't converted them from wma files, so you may want to download a free wav-to-mp3 converter, or simply burn them onto a CD. Somebody let me know if this doesn't work.

Incase you didn't know already. Wav & WMA are not the same thing Duder.

WMA is the Microsoft version of MP3. It's a better quality encoder than MP3, but it never caught on.
    Wav is generally format your computer will record audio in. It's high quality and uncompressed, which is why it makes such large files.

You can only downgrade in file types & bit rates. For example converting a Wav into a MP3 @ 320, you'll get a much smaller file, suitable for uploading, but you'll loose quality.
    If you have a MP3 @ 320, converting it to a Wav will not increase the quality, just the file size.

So if your WMA are encoded at the highest bit rate, you'll actually loose quality by converting them to MP3.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    Well I got that one wrong.

I must admit I am being slightly optimistic in tipping them for 4th, but they can defend and if anyone can make use of that Arab Money, it's your boy O'Neill.

Being a former Wycombe Wanderers supporter, I have a very high opinion of O'Neil. Although he seems to be floundering a little of late. I know the Villa supporting side of my family rate him, they seriously believed they could push for the title 2 seasons ago.

I think he has some magic touch though, in a similar way to Arsenal players who've left and flopped, Villa players seem to go downhill after leaving.

Aside from that.

What kind of fucked up world is it that values, James 'the donkey' Milner and Cesc 'WC winner' Fabregas in remotely the same ballpark?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Okem said:

What kind of fucked up world is it that values, James 'the donkey' Milner and Cesc 'WC winner' Fabregas in remotely the same ballpark?

I'm not sure. I can only imagine it's something to do with the extra money an England international brings in through shirt-sales.

Who ever owned a Heskey shirt then?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Somebody remind me what O'Neill has actually won again? The SPL doesn't count - all you need to do to be proclaimed a great manager in the SPL is win the Old Firm games and qualify for the Champions League. It's no measure of anything. FFS, Graeme Souness was a success in the SPL. People talk about what O'Neill did at Leicester, but the whole thing collapsed as soon as he left, so whatever his achievements, building a solid foundation obviously wasn't one of them. He's one of those managers who can take a club so far but no further, and I don't see him achieving any more at Villa than he already has done. Him getting the Liverpool job would have been the worst thing that could have happened to us.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I like O'Neill the man, he's an entertaining interviewee and seems a decent enough bloke. I'm slightly torn on how highly to rate him as a manager as he seems trapped in the same cycle of most Villa bosses, always being on the cusp of pushing into the top four but never quite making it.

Would be interested to see what he did with a proper budget though.

BTW, props for the mixes L*o, that Coldcut one in particular looks like a proper blast from the past.

Duderonomy said:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=941BDF2W

PART 3 - ONECUT
    Onecut intro
    Western Roots Bogus Buddy Hombre
    Edan Ultra '88 (onecut Edit) Humble Magnificent
    Rakim Let The Rhythm Hit Em (accap) Mca
    Parlour Talk "old, New & Blue" Acid Jazz
    Zion I Le Le Le Izm
    Tribe Of Issa Char Wardance Wardance
    Dj Yas Freaky Kemuri
    Chill Rob G Court Is Now In Session (accap) Unknown
    Dj Hype Dead A's Tru Playaz
    Dj Proper Showcase & Lick Back Roc
    Dreas The Chronicles 2 Kool
    Roots Manuva Blessed Be The Manner(accap) Ronin
    Onecut Brownfinger White
    Mr Oizo Sick Dog Try To Speak Slip
    PART 4 ??? DK
    ARTIST TITLE LABEL
    Bow Wow Wow "hello, Hello Daddy" Rca
    Gilberto Gil Aquele Abraco Philips
    Dj Marky/dj Patife So Tinha Movement Records
    Moving Fusion Thunderball Ram
    Caetano Veloso Alfomega Philips
    Kahuun Batteri Fuego
    The Dining Rooms Cosi Ti Amo (fourtet Remix) Milano 2000

Haven't converted them from wma files, so you may want to download a free wav-to-mp3 converter, or simply burn them onto a CD. Somebody let me know if this doesn't work.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A9MTD944

PART 3 ??? P-Love
    ARTIST TITLE LABEL
    The Cinematic Orchestra Chanel 1 Suite Ninja Tune
    Boards Of Canada Roygbiv Warp
    Bjork Army Of Me (aba All-stars Mix) One Little Indian
    Glammerlicious Terrarium Pigeon
    People Under The Stairs San Francisco Knights Om
    Stereolab Diagonals Too Pure
    Quannum Feat Lyrics Born I Changed My Mind (stereo Mc's Mix) Quannum
    New Flesh Communicate Big Dada
    Jurrasic 5 Rubber Tyres Pan
    Dj Frane Going Home Goodvibe
    PART 4 ??? DK
    ARTIST TITLE LABEL
    Jerry Beeks The Nightlife Bad Magic
    Rodney P Big Tings Riddim Killa Records
    2 Amigos Prints In The Sand Angels Egg
    Ricardo Ray Sookie Sookie Harmless
    Sexual Harrassment If I Gave You A Party Gomma
    Pest Slap On Tap Ninja
    Big Bang Ping Pong Arision
    Spear N Jackson Babysitting Howlin
    Fethawit Not That Girl Wah Wah
    Steve Grossman Zulu Stomp Pm

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=96Z9WFM0
    part 1 - COLDCUT
    Opensky Unit Sunshine Star Whatmusic
    Venus Brown Timez Up Playground
    Anti Pop Consortium 39303 Warp
    The White Stripes Little Bird Sympathy For The Record
    Aphex Twin Kesson Dalef Warp
    Stiephane Malca Feat Waad Jonon React
    PART 2 ??? Coldcut
    Lamb Just Is Mercury
    Set Fire To The Flames There Is No Dance In Frequency And Balance 130701 Fatcat
    Hood This Is What We Do To Sell Out(s) Domino
    Chungking Ange Eyes Chungking / Tummy Touch
    Demusphere Sometimes Parallax
    Dom Um Romao Apache Head To Toe
    Lo Rise 21st Century Blues Miso
    Les Go Dan Gna Sacred Rhythm Drum Spiritual Life Promo

This one is a nice post-punk into dub mix:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4IEIB0GQ
    PART 3 ??? Trevor Jackson
    ARTIST TITLE LABEL
    Tuxedomoon Unkown Celluloid
    Lizzy Mecier Delux Unkown Ze
    General Strike Unkown Unkown
    Bill Laswell Work Song Celluloid
    Flying Lizards Russia Virgin
    Za Za Blow Up Unkown
    Ledernachen Amok Unkown
    Chris And Cosey Unkown Unkown
    Phil Manzara Big Dome Eg
    Jah Wobble Unkown Virgin
    Vortex Ost Black Box Unkown
    Blurt Spill The Beans Red Flame
    Mouth Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea Y
    Section 25 Dirty Disco Factory
    Pylon Danger Dub Unkown
    Honey Bane Dub Unkown
    Unkown Move Unkown
    Material Secret Life Celluloid
    Glaxo Babies Unkown Y
    PART 4 ??? Coldcut
    ARTIST TITLE LABEL
    Jacob Miller Keep On Knocking Unkown
    Augustus Pablo Keep On Dubbing Unkown
    Jacob Miller Who Say Jah No Dread Unkown
    Augustus Pablo Stop The Jah Unkown
    Bong Pat Young Generation Unkown
    Augustus Pablo New Style Unkown
    Jacob Miller Each One Teach One Unkown
    Augustus Pablo Each One Dub Unkown
    Jacob Miller Each One Teach One Dub Unkown
    Jacob Miller False Rasta Unkown
    Augustus Pablo 555 Dub Street Unkown
    Jacob Miller Hungry Town Skank Unkown
    Augustus Pablo Brace A Boy Unkown
    Augustus Pablo Braces Tower Dub Unkown
    Jacob Miller Baby I Love You So Unkown
    Augustus Pablo King Tubbies Meets Rockers Uptown Unkown

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I think the days of a manager taking a lower level Premier League side and turning them into champions, through grit and guile, are long gone. It's just not a level playing field anymore thanks to the the money involved, especially with the likes of Chel$ki and MoneyCity.
    But outside the PL O'Neill has done just that. He turned Wycombe Wanderers into champions and took them up two flights, to a previously undreamed of position. He won the Cup with Leicester City twice, taking them into Europe. His record at Celtic speaks for its self.

Maynor Figueroa and Royston Drenthe to be unveiled at Anfield within the next 24 hours, along with an announcement about two serious bidders for the club. To add that touch of "baggage handler at John Lennon Int'l Airport" authenticity, stadium tours have reportedly been suspended tomorrow, as one of those potential buyers is being shown around...

Okem said:
    O'Neill has done just that. He turned Wycombe Wanderers into champions and took them up two flights, to a previously undreamed of position. He won the Cup with Leicester City twice, taking them into Europe. His record at Celtic speaks for its self.

So he's a slightly more successful version of Graeme Souness or Kevin Keegan, then?

Not that they're middling achievements, but I don't see how they necessarily make O'Neill anything extraordinary as a manager.

DocMcCoy said:
    Royston Drenthe

Loving that handle.

Taking bets on the headline "Royston Crazy!" being used in the near few-char.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Okem said:
    O'Neill has done just that. He turned Wycombe Wanderers into champions and took them up two flights, to a previously undreamed of position. He won the Cup with Leicester City twice, taking them into Europe. His record at Celtic speaks for its self.

So he's a slightly more successful version of Graeme Souness or Kevin Keegan, then?

Not that they're middling achievements, but I don't see how they necessarily make O'Neill anything extraordinary as a manager.

Comparing him to Souness or Keegan is a real stretch. Yes it's still undecided whether he's an extraordinary manager or not, but his record so far is exemplary. We'll never really know until he goes to a big club. I could see him taking over from Fergie, especially if ManU's money troubles persist.

Speaking of ManPoo

Manchester United defeated by the ten men of Kansas City Wizards
    Kansas City Wizards 2-1 Manchester United

Despite enjoying an extra man advantage for much of the match, Manchester United were unable to avoid an embarrassing defeat to Kansas City Wizards in a friendly tonight. Jimmy Conrad was sent off for the Wizards after 41 minutes for a last-man foul on Dimitar Berbatov, who scored United's equaliser from the resulting penalty, but the hosts still earned a gutsy win.

The Wizards took the lead after just 11 minutes when Davy Arnaud took advantage of a slack offside trap and fired past an exposed Ben Amos in the United goal. The young goalkeeper was not helped by the travails of those in front of him, with the right-back Rafael Da Silva struggling in particular.

United were without their World Cup players, such as Wayne Rooney, Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra, but were still able to field a strong line-up, with Berbatov, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes involved. It was Berbatov and Giggs who combined for the equaliser, the Welshman's pass releasing the Bulgarian striker, who was chopped down by Conrad. Berbatov dusted himself off to convert the penalty.

Yet United were level for just a minute as the 10 men instantly regained their lead, Kei Kamara heading past Amos. The goal was enough to secure an impressive win for the Wizards, with United showing a worrying lack of invention in the second half.

I think the important thing to take away from that is Berbs scored. This is the season where it all comes together.

Apart from that. shit like this happens all the time pre-season. This is the big Man U related story of the day:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/djembadjemba-linked-with-west-brom-2035749.html

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Junior said:
    I think the important thing to take away from that is Berbs scored..
    a penalty

Berbatov

Vs

Villa

Berbs wins.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    My favourite rumour, so far, was that West Ham were trying to bring David Beckham back to England.

Or the one where some paper claimed Arsene was going to buy 3 players from Ajax. (Maybe if they were offering buy-1-get-2-free)

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Junior said:
    Berbs wins.
    Yer, you can't argue with quality like that, he definitely knows how to produce in the big games.

I'm guessing two of those three would be Stekelenburg and Suarez but no idea who else Arsene would be taking from there unless Mido is going to rush back to form a dream team with Bendtner?

Hadn't seen the Beckham story but suspect that I'm at the point where my brain actually self censors any reference to Goldenballs in the sports pages.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    2 points, very good. 3rd = van der Wiel (apparently Wenger's been a fan for a while)

LoLzers - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1297471/David-Beckham-Ronaldinho-tipped-West-Hams-Olympic-Stadium-era.html

The new owners of West Ham are making a lot of noise this summer. Can't be long till they go bust then.

Junior said:
    Berbatov

Vs

Villa

Calvente wins

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ^^
    ridonkudonk

balotelli to citeh
    they have seemingly endless funds as they reload and set their preverbial sniper for torres

Paul said:

If Man U don't find some funds, or some really good players coming through the yoot system, Citeh fans will soon be able to laugh that you guys ARE history.

Torres and Balotelli?

or unproven Obertan?

I'm hoping the grow-your-own model works though, as Wenger's been talking it up for years now.

I still think reports of the death of the red devils are greatly exaggerated.

After all we almost did the quadruple two seasons ago and, last year, in a season absolutely plagued by injuries, still won the league cup, lost the league by a single point and threw away a winning position in a Champions League QF.

We definitely need some of the young talent to come good but I don't think we're up shit creek without a paddle yet by any means.

Obertan is a decent prospect, but don't forget Rafael, Fabio, Smalling, Gibson, Cleverley, Wellbeck and Hernandez.

Alongside more established names that are only gonna get better, Fletcher, Nani, Evans, Anderson, Valencia and urm Berbatov.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    Alongside more established names that are only gonna get better, Fletcher, Nani, Evans, Anderson, Valencia and urm Berbatov.

These names don't exactly inspire the fear previous ManU squads did.

Fergie seems like the opposite of Wenger, he likes to fill his teams with defensive players, do you even have a creative attacking midfield playmaker? Where as at Arsenal we have a whole squad of them, and Song.

I think that's meant to be a picture of Alan Hansen.

Alex has been deploying Carrick and Scholes as the ball-playing midfielders as neither can really defend. Fletcher plays a more box-to-box role. Anderson is an attacking midfielder despite his lack of goals. Gibson is being used in a more advanced role cos his ability from range. Cleverley got 11 goals in 33 games at Watford last season (most likely on loan again this season though).

I don't see many weaknesses in the Un*ted side, other than age. Fergie not usually one for getting things wrong, which is why they've been so successful. Ferdinand was missed, but there is still enough of a core there to give Chelsea a run for their money, and Roonaldo will have a point to prove after such a lacklustre jog in Serth Ifrika.

City were mid-table shambolic before the coin came. There was no consistency to the squad like Chelsea had pre-Abramovich. There still isn't, but the inconsistency is being weaned out - it'll take a couple of seasons to establish who plays best with who but there is progress. No more 8-1 rhapings by Middlesborough seem on the cards.

I don't see too many Citeh fans I.R.L. talmbout winning the league this season, other than message board goading.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    if berbz finds his groove having valencia and nani on each side is as deadly as any top world squad
    factor in rooney and rafael living up to his potential (i've lost hope in anderson)
    hernandez will have immediate impact and grow for years to come

its a good squad nowhere near ''despair/doom)
    and i hate manU

citeh better get there coaching and team work down
    if you thought ballotelli was an asshole before in milan imagine him ballin with adebayor in england