World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I wonder if the commentators can last the match without mentioning that Forlan used to play for Manchester United, didn't score shit, then moved to Spain and won the Golden Boot.

I wouldn't want them to end the tradition that's lasted every single game I've watched him play in for the last 5 years whether it's Villareal, Athletico or Uruguay.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Paul said:
    I wonder if the commentators can last the match without mentioning that Forlan used to play for Manchester United, didn't score shit, then moved to Spain and won the Golden Boot.

I wouldn't want them to end the tradition that's lasted every single game I've watched him play in for the last 5 years whether it's Villareal, Athletico or Uruguay.

haha, they have used up all their forlorn jokes though, thank god.

The commentary on ESPN has been on the whole, a 1000% improvement on the old days with Tommy Smythe. Robbie Mustoe has been a really balanced, insightful addition. Efan Ekoku is maybe a bit too sarcastic for the live commentary as play by play dude often misses the joke. And Macca gets animated in the studio and calls England not very good at the game of football. I like it!

Since Italy and Argentina are out, I'm pretty happy for any team that wins it now.
    Well, maybe not Spain.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    When it comes to commentary, Univision is the only way to go.

HarveyCanal said:

It used to be mandatory if you didn't want to hear about Bayron putting a bulge in the ole onion bag. Saying now it's optional.

Univision name for Behhhhham = El Spice Boy. Understood.
    Univision name for Wayne Rooney = El Astro Boy. Awesome! But what does it mean?

• I'm calling netherlands vs. germany

analog_tape said:
    I'm calling netherlands vs. germany

Go on then...

• Paul said:

haha, they have used up all their forlorn jokes though, thank god.

The commentary on ESPN has been on the whole, a 1000% improvement on the old days with Tommy Smythe. Robbie Mustoe has been a really balanced, insightful addition. Efan Ekoku is maybe a bit too sarcastic for the live commentary as play by play dude often misses the joke. And Macca gets animated in the studio and calls England not very good at the game of football. I like it!quote]

The commentary this year has been great. Especially Ian Darke drawing me into the action with his announcements. Easily one of my favorites.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    BigSpliff said:
    HarveyCanal said:

It used to be mandatory if you didn't want to hear about Bayron putting a bulge in the ole onion bag. Saying now it's optional.

Univision name for Behhhhham = El Spice Boy. Understood.
    Univision name for Wayne Rooney = El Astro Boy. Awesome! But what does it mean?

Rooney's a space cadet?

• rooney makes a mistake in every episode that a child can not only recognize, but write a letter talking about it?

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    daaaaaaaaaaaamn. that's got to be one of the best strikes of the tournament...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    willie_fugal said:

a fucking bullet!

• willie_fugal said:

And from 30-some yards away, too. Crazy.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    FOOTFACE PWNED!

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    did anyone else catch the announcers mention something about a health regimen that involved horse placentas? what was that all about?

• And just like that Forlan ties it up. Strange work is afoot in the second half.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Forlans goal shut my neighbors cunting vuvuzela right the fuck up.

Hup Holland

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Whorin' neighbor, or other neighbor?

• Sneijder's goal is going to leave so much room for debate. Onside or offside?! That is the question.

• But that Robbens goal will not. That was pure onside.

• DUTCH DELITE! DUTCH DELIRIUM!

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    did anyone else catch the announcers mention something about a health regimen that involved horse placentas? what was that all about?

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/56269,sport,football,why-robin-van-persie-is-having-horse-placenta-massaged-into-his-injured-ankle

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Not even 5 mins of extra time can save your cheating asses.

ITS ON.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Tha Dutch for the Mundial!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Germans over Spain??? The octopus says no...

Before the world cup I thoughts Spain was the strongest team on paper. They haven't really impressed over the last few weeks (Though had a few moments).

I'll take Germany.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Well I guess teams have finally worked out how to hit the WC ball sweetly then!

I never thought I'd say this but on pure footballing terms I'd like to see Germany win the title. Klinsmann wrote an interesting piece for the BBC site about how they went back and rebuilt the German national team which made quite inspiring reading and I wish we'd follow their lead:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8789682.stm

While I think they have a good chance against Spain tonight, ironically I suspect that the Germans will get beaten at their own game and be the entertaining team that get taken apart by a solid but uninspiring Dutch opponent in the final.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    van Bommel is a disgrace to the game.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Paul said:
    van Bommel is a disgrace to the game.

LOL, were you listening to ITV last night then? The commentator clearly had a bee in his bonnet about Van Bommel not getting booked in the Brasil match despite "foul after foul". Every time Van Bommel went in for a challenge, the commentator would speculate as to whether or not the ref might pull out a yellow card, and then you could hear the disgust as Van Bommel went unpunished, and the disgust turned to resignation as the game, and the fouls, went on.
    During stoppage time, by which point the match felt really close, and Uruguay looked like they might actually force extra time, Van Bommel finally got the yellow card the commentator had been waiting for, and me and my mates all burst out laughing as the commentator's voice reached a shrill peak, nearly hoarse with excitement "WAIT! Van Bommel HAS been given the yellow card!", as if to say Great goals , nasty fouls, a late, spirited comeback, and Now We Really Have Seen It All!
    I don't think Bronckhorst's goal got him that excited.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Paul said:
    Roy Keane is a disgrace to the game.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Also, sure it's been mentioned lots of times but I tend to zone out: guaranteed first European winner of a WC based outside Europe.