World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• unityunity 179 Posts
    DANG this is going to be an awesome final. I picked Spain to win it, but I'd probably rather see the Dutch win.

• I'm glad that if's a first for both teams in the Final, but Holland is going to win it. And for a young German team, they did well to make it to the Semifinals. I see them handling business in the 3rd Place Game. But Deutschland will be a team to fear for future World Cups to come.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i would like the dutch team to win. they deserve a title.

spain and holland don't really play excitingly these days, but this was an akward world cup and the two teams deserve to be in the finals. i was disappointed by the german team today.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    great game for spain
    fucking torres is a selfish bastard
    i hope pedro does not get any beef from this becausehe played so well for them
    he better start the next game and not torres!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Wow @ that wizard octopus

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    edith head said:
    My thoughts exactly! An unpopular decision before the game too, after Germany pounded Argentina.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I'm guessing someone is going to offer $10 grand to eat him and gain all his powers...

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    edith head said:

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Props to Spain who have got to the final despite every opposition team being set up with the sole purpose of stopping them play. While I've always been a supporter of Holland at WCs I think I'd kind of like to see Spain take this one as it's been a good while since a flair team have triumphed in the final.

Also, was really hoping Germany would equalise so that Pedro's horrendous solo cock up wouldn't be quickly forgotten.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Someone should get Germany some t-shirts that say 'Espana Durban Summer Soccer Camp' cause those dudes put on a clinic today. Should have been at least 2-0. Total domination by Spain at Midfield. Next game will be much more physical as both teams want to control possession. I'll take Spain 2-1 with both sides scoring from PKs.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    edith head said:

Although he now resides at the Aquarium Sea Life Centre in Oberhausen, Germany, Paul was actually born in Weymouth and moved from the town's Sea Life Park in 2006.

Next England Manager?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    If only I could display an avatar in this bith. It'd be all psychic octopus everything.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Junior said:
    Also, was really hoping Germany would equalise so that Pedro's horrendous solo cock up wouldn't be quickly forgotten.
    i thought it was torres not pasing to pedro
    iread it (that is was pedro) elsewhere but could swear he was the one being pissed at not getting the pass
    he needs to start next game regardless
    BARCA NEXT YEAR
    VILLA,PEDRO,MESSI,BOJAN=GAME OVER

Realmadrid=best coach,same team problems

It was Pedro, he's definately good but he's not great. He's probably better than Di Maria but that's not saying much.

• VILLA,PEDRO,MESSI,[del]BOJAN[/del]=GAME OVER

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    THE WHOLE OF BARCELONA CAN GO SUCK A DICK

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    So... with the final in sight, I don't think it's premature to pick a WC 11.

Casillas
    Maicon---Puyol---Mensah---Ashley Cole
    Kevin Prince Boateng---Schweinsteiger
    Robben---Alonso---Ozil
    Forlan

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

Casillas
    Robben---Alonso---Ozil
    Forlan

i agree with everything exept i switch alonso (missed penalties and shots) for sneijder

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Okem said:
    THE WHOLE OF BARCELONA CAN GO SUCK A DICK

do you support franco's regime or respect real madrid?;)

No room for Villa? Would stick with tradition and go four four two and drop Alonso for him.

Would also pick Carlos Salcido over Cole on form and impact at this WC. Not convinced by Casillas at this WC either really but all the other keepers who had decent games also made pretty big errors.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    pcmr said:
    Duderonomy said:

Casillas
    Robben---Alonso---Ozil
    Forlan

i agree with everything exept i switch alonso (missed penalties and shots) for sneijder

THIS. You will sing his praises if he comes to Salford.

World Cup Fail XI

Green
    Otamendi -Terry - Cannavaro - Evra
    Ribery - Barry - Kaka - Ronaldo
    Messi - Rooney

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Paul said:
    World Cup Fail XI

Green
    Messi - Rooney

much better.

J i m s t e r said:
    pcmr said:
    Duderonomy said:

Casillas
    Robben---Alonso---Ozil
    Forlan

THIS. You will sing his praises if he comes to Salford.

Fair play, forgot about how good Sneijder has been. For all of Villa's goals, he plays on a team that usually has about 70% of the possession. He gets lots of chances to score. Forlan has been deadly with much less service. You just knew he was going to score that free kick against Ghana. You just knew that if anybody was going to open the scoring against Holland, it would be Forlan.
    As far as Alonso, I was toying around with Xavi, but his passing has been less progressive. Good retention and all, but nothing, YET, to really justify WC XI status for me. Salcido should perhaps get the nod over Ashley Cole too, but as Doc McCoy said, he's the best LB in the world!!! ;-P

Okem said:
    Paul said:
    World Cup Fail XI

Green
    Messi - Rooney

much better.

Lampard for Barry.

For the sake of realism I thought I'd opt for a 'holding' midfielder (not that Barry actually does that).

Lampard at least showed some spirit to bring England back to 2-2.

The only thing Barry did in that Germany game was let Ozil shit all over him.

Saying that I could have quite easily picked Felipe Melo.

Paul said:
    For the sake of realism I thought I'd opt for a 'holding' midfielder (not that Barry actually does that).

Lampard at least showed some spirit to bring England back to 2-2.

This is why Lampard is Captain of the WC Fail XI. Even when he finally manages to do something right like score a goal, it doesn't count! The essence of fail.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    The best left back in the tournament, by a long way, was Coentrao of Portugal, with Salcido following up. Coentrao totally smothered everyone and was super aggressive forward with lots of nice crossing. This all the more amazing since that's not really his natural spot.

Taking Boateng over Sneidjer or Xavi/Inesta is a little silly.

A this point I think Forlan has been the MVP of the cup.

DrWu said:

Taking Boateng over Sneidjer or Xavi/Inesta is a little silly.

I think in the games that Boateng played in the middle for Ghana, he was Schweinsteiger-esque. For all the possession Xavi has had, he's done very little of note with the ball other than retention; Boateng, in a weaker team, did more to break up attacks, win the ball in the air, and start counter attacks than Xavi or Iniesta... he seemed to make a more discernable difference to the game. Alonso's passing has been much more effective than Xavi's imo, more often finding forwards in space. Iniesta looks like he just returned to full fitness in the last game against Germany. On form Iniesta would be a first pick for me.
    I forgot about Sneijder though. He's lived up to his hype so far.