KICKS..........

Comments

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

:face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt:

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Admittedly I'm not up on new b-ball sneakers but these are DOPE! The link says there's no release info yet but if you guys find anything out about when and where they can be purchased, please let me know!

HOTSOUP said:

I have those same white/blue/pink/grey Sauconys four rows down on the far left. Found 'em at a thrift store some 9-10 years ago. My foot grew since I found them, but once in a while I squeeze into them and tough it out. They are way too fly to get rid of!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Herm said:
    Admittedly I'm not up on new b-ball sneakers but these are DOPE! The link says there's no release info yet but if you guys find anything out about when and where they can be purchased, please let me know!

Edit: These are apparently NOT going to release.

These are...Air Max Lebron VII MVP

Probably a House of Hoops (Footlocker) exclusive.

yuichi said:
    Herm said:

Those are supposed to drop pretty soon.

Pretty sure it's gonna be a House of Hoops exclusive. Those stores are popping up all over the place now, don't know if there's one in Tucson, AZ though...

There isn't, which means I may need to send you on a mission for me, Yuichi!

Sorry! I edited my previous post.

There was a similar colorway released likewise at HOH a while ago. Lebron VI "Superman". I got these. Sick as hell.

If you really want the ones you posted, your best bet would be to find a sample on Ebay...

yuichi said:

If you really want the ones you posted, your best bet would be to find a sample on Ebay...

I was afraid of that. Oh well....Thanks for the info, Yuichi!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

:bizzo:

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Sorry! I edited my previous post.

There was a similar colorway released likewise at HOH a while ago. Lebron VI "Superman". I got these. Sick as hell.

...or check the hash wall at Nike outlet stores. that's where a lot of samples end up, but usually in size 9. They usually cost $45-60.

• just got these last week:

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Herm said:

Edit: These are apparently NOT going to release.

These are...Air Max Lebron VII MVP

Probably a House of Hoops (Footlocker) exclusive.

I like the design in the picture, and even the sole looks snazzy. But on the foot, I don't like how the quilted blue/grey fabric area buckles rather than holds its shape.

Almond said:

I like the design in the picture, and even the sole looks snazzy. But on the foot, I don't like how the quilted blue/grey fabric area buckles rather than holds its shape.

Wow, you're right! Good eye.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I think the Lebron VII is the most appealing of all of his models so far. I like the Lebron IV for it's foamposite-esque design, but for more casual usage, the VII is the best one. Where they messed up with the VII is not including full length zoom. Zoom + air max would have been amazing. I recently got some full length zoom air units and I've been slipping them under the insoles of some of my larger-fitting air max pairs and it's like walking on clouds. Zoom is Nike's best cushioning technology to date, IMO.

Nike Zoom Hyperfuse - Brazil

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    :oh_snap:

wow

WANT

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    batmon said:

Ive been lazily lookin for a pair of Lava Dome Considered.

These are the ones I mentioned earlier - I saw them in a Nike store in Vegas about 18 months back, possibly the one in Caesar's. The guy in the store explained the thinking behind them - all recycled/reconstituted material - and although his pitch was pretty impressive, I decided I preferred a shoe with a cleaner line.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    batmon said:

These are the ones I mentioned earlier - I saw them in a Nike store in Vegas about 18 months back, possibly the one in Caesar's. The guy in the store explained the thinking behind them - all recycled/reconstituted material - and although his pitch was pretty impressive, I decided I preferred a shoe with a cleaner line.

yes.
    looks like dude stepped in a giant wad of big league chew on the sidewalk. just gimme the normal lava domes.

dukeofdelridge said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    batmon said:

yes.
    looks like dude stepped in a giant wad of big league chew on the sidewalk. just gimme the normal lava domes.

SAVE THE WHALES!!!!!!!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    batmon said:

For the 1998 World Cup, New Balance tricked out one of their styles - the 574, I think - in a whole bunch of colourways that corresponded with the qualifying nations (although maybe not all 32). Anyway, the whole run was bought up by Office, the UK shoe chain, much to the annoyance of the guy in Yellow Rat Bastard on Broadway who sold me my Lava Domes, and who was complaining that they couldn't get any stock at all (apparently the Jamaican 574 was especially hot).

It turned out that Adidas, who have historically had far closer ties to the sport than NB or other interlopers such as Nike, had also considered doing a special World Cup range, but abandoned the idea once they got wind that New Balance was further along the line with their project. I only discovered this in 2001 when I happened upon this website that had got hold of a shipment of Adidas factory samples, some of which, like the Adidas Country Brazil, never went into production.

Adidas used this colourway when they brought the Sneeker back out a few years ago, and I remember seeing it in Bobbito's book, but I've never seen these shoes in this colourway anywhere else.

I need to get these black ones...

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Power Laces- the Auto lacing shoe

"Inspired by 'Back to The Future II', this project is less 'Practical' than 'Proof of Concept', but hopefully it'll tide you over until Nike comes out with something more polished."

http://www.instructables.com/id/Power-Laces-the-Auto-lacing-shoe/

Most likely my next buy:

Herm said:
    Most likely my next buy:

Looks almost like the Blazers...

too bad my feet are too wide for those. Took me a while to break into my first and last pair.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    These are clean.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    batmon said:

Goddamn.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts