World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    England: do you have any real goalies?

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Germany kicks ass.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    yuichi said:
    File under Reason #22 Soccer Sucks: No instant Replay

ENGLAND ROBBED OF A FUCKIN' GOAL.

Seriously what a disgrace.

Let's forget Wembley now

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Rooney was the biggest no show of the tournament.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    yuichi said:

So baseball sucks too?

I don't think soccer needs instant replay but they sure as hell need a way to acknowledge a goal is a goal. That's kind of astounding human error is allowed to blow something as central as that.

Microchips, batches!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    England were totally outclassed well done Germany

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Damn.

OK, we'll do 'em next time!

Now GO GO GO South American teams, win me some fucking cash.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    cove said:

Dude you're tripping. He was our easily best player.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I don't want to blow it for another team, but GO MEXICO!!! (N.America-related)

Univision pre-game is KILLINIT:

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa man! :beerbang: :feelin_it:

• schadenfreude

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    yuichi said:

So baseball sucks too?

I don't think soccer needs instant replay but they sure as hell need a way to acknowledge a goal is a goal. That's kind of astounding human error is allowed to blow something as central as that.

Microchips, batches!

I'm with you on this.. I don't like an instant replay to dispute off sides or handballs but simply to determine whether a ball crosses the goal line or not. The complexion of the game would have changed quite a bit if it was a 2-2 halftime score. That doesn't mean that Germany wouldn't have still won 4-2 , but you get the point.

and yea, baseball does kind of suck.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    yuichi said:

So baseball sucks too?

Microchips, batches!

File under Reason #23 Soccer Sucks: Faking injuries.

That Ghana player in extra time was deplorable.

And that "Magic Spray" they use when a player is down in agony?

RAJ said:
    mannybolone said:
    yuichi said:

So baseball sucks too?

Microchips, batches!

File under Reason #23 Soccer Sucks: Faking injuries.

That Ghana player in extra time was deplorable.

And that "Magic Spray" they use when a player is down in agony?

NO.

Its number 1.

Its pathetic and shameful, i cant even watch the italians play, little bitches.

And no team is exempt, One of the USA players spontaneously threw himself to the ground in the Ghana game as well.

fucking pansies.

players push the limits of the rules in all sports, especially at the high levels where advantages are so hard to come by. Don't blame the players, blame the leagues for allowing the dives. If a hard rock ref starts showing cards for diving, it disappears.

MEX I CO!!! MEX I CO!!! MEX I CO!!! (to the tune of USA USA USA!!!!)

my support is the kiss of death for a soccer team. Mexico self-destructing.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    skel said:
    cove said:

Dude you're tripping. He was our easily best player.

Are you joking?!?
    The first 3 goals were fairly disgraceful. I stop at least 2 of them.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Argentina is beasting!

Love Tevez, that 3rd goal was bananas.

Argentina v Germany will be the best match of the cup

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    nzshadow said:
    One of the USA players spontaneously threw himself to the ground in the Ghana game as well.

fucking pansies.
    You mean Altidore? He tripped himself and got someone carded, but that looked more clumsy than intentional. He's not a good ball handler, and at that point the counterattack was more valuable than a free kick.

fauxteur said:
    nzshadow said:
    One of the USA players spontaneously threw himself to the ground in the Ghana game as well.

fucking pansies.
    You mean Altidore? He tripped himself and got someone carded, but that looked more clumsy than intentional. He's not a good ball handler, and at that point the counterattack was more valuable than a free kick.

Mmm-hmmm.

Pansy.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    DOR said:

B*ll* -

Maybe England just aren't that *good* - 1 World Cup in its entire history; yes, yes, everyone knows that the game's formal rules were implemented in the country, but the Premiership has deceived people into believing that homegrown personnel in that country are "world class" - name the last English player w/in the last 5 years who has gone to either Serie A or La Liga and shone?

The strength of the Premiership lies in the caliber of its overseas talent (attracted by the "world class" salaries doled out), not b/c of the class of the domestic ranks. One could go on and on about playing hard, being stalwart, etc., but it doesn't gloss over the fact that the pool of talent is sorely lacking - and enforcing a quota on foreign players won't necessarily embellish/upgrade/improve that. Emile Heskey brought in to change the game? Shawn Wright-Phillips who has pace, but no great instinctual feel for the game?

The sun set on the British Empire w/ regards to its geopolitical weight - maybe time to consign the notion of an English football powerhouse to that design as well.

PEK said:
    DOR said:

B*ll* -

Maybe England just aren't that *good* - 1 World Cup victory in its entire history; yes, yes, everyone knows that the game's formal rules were implemented in the country, but the Premiership has deceived people into believing that homegrown personnel in that country are "world class" - name the last English player w/in the last 5 years who has gone to either Serie A or La Liga and shone?

The strength of the Premiership lies in the caliber of its overseas talent (attracted by the "world class" salaries doled out), not b/c of the class of the domestic ranks. One could go on and on about playing hard, being stalwart, etc., but it doesn't gloss over the fact that the pool of talent is sorely lacking - and enforcing a quota on foreign players won't necessarily embellish/upgrade/improve that. Emile Heskey brought in to change the game? Shawn Wright-Phillips who has pace, but no great instinctual feel for the game?

The sun set on the British Empire w/ regards to its geopolitical weight - maybe time to consign the notion of an English football powerhouse to that design as well.

RULE BRITANNIA, BRITTANIA RULE THE... nevermind.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    England turned up today to chew bubblegum and suck donkey balls.

And they forgot the bubblegum.

Terdly.

Germans deserved winnars. Go for it Claus.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    3-1 Argentina was my prediction. Shoulda put money down.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    CBS NEWS

In England, they joke about the war, German accents and Hitler.

In Germany, they joke about the fact that the English joke about the war, German accents and Hitler.

The Germans used to get offended. Now they look on in slightly patronizing bemusement as English newspapers trot out ethnic stereotypes about war, Aryan races and bombing, preparing their readers for yet another agony-filled elimination game against their old foe Sunday.

With the German team now being made up of Poles, Turks, a Spaniard, a Ghanaian, a Nigerian and even a Brazilian, it's harder for the English to make fine German-baiting jokes.

Srs doe, working for Germans in the UK, I haven't seen this kind of anti-german horse-dust printed for a long time. Was there any this weekend? We do give our german colleagues here a bit of good-natured ribbing, but there's none of that "My grandad went to germany 44 times, he didn't see much of it, it was always at night" jokes...

Da Oirish nailed it:

IRISH TIMES

A World Cup would not be a World Cup without a moment of controversy involving England, but despite the Uruguayan match officials inexplicably failing to spot that Frank Lampard???s shot had crossed the line by the best part of a metre, nobody at the Free State Stadium was kidding themselves about the authenticity of the outcome on this occasion.

Fabio Capello???s side were thoroughly outplayed by an excellent Germany team that passed and counterattacked with such speed and precision that they made England???s ragged defenders look like amateurs.

England would have had their pants pulled down and violated by the likes of Argentina and Brasil on this showing. Our blushes have been spared.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    While it would have been amusing for us to spawn a result despite playing like utter shit I have to agree that it's probably for the best that we got knocked out now rather than having Argentina run at the chuckle brothers in central defence. Also credit to Germany who are great to watch.

What a bunch of underperforming twats. I hope this ends Terry's entirely undeserved reputation as a great central defender for good and puts him to the top of the list of people to boot out. Gerrard played like a fucking muppet with his 30 yard grass cutters, Upson was unsurprisingly outclassed, Cole proved why Capello didn't bring him on previously, Rooney was quite obviously not fit as suggested by the fact he hasn't scored a competitive goal for months and, seriously, fuck Capello for once again bringing on Heskey when we needed goals.

I hoped after our failure at the last euros that we might finally start rebuilding a team based on players rather than reputation and can only hope once again that this is the sign that is needed. Germany have proven that it can be done and are a highly entertaining team so surely it's time now to laugh off call ups for spoons like SWP.

Also, ironically, James was the only player who could hold his head up after that match.