World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    nzshadow said:

New Zealand gets two teams because even though the Australians cant really play, the only way Russell Crowe will ever make the definative soccerball epic if he plays in an Australian jersey, and seeing as the world loves Russ, far be it from us to spoil the party.

Holland gets two teams: Holland and the Netherlands but since you fucking Americans cant tell them apart, the Netherlands plays as Denmark.

IT IS LIKE A CHESS MATCH. VERY NUANCED AND STRATEGERIC.

AND YOU CAN'T USE YOUR HANDS? WTF GAYBALL

ost said:

Man, with all due respect, there is no case to be made. USA is not a "soccersuperpower".

PLAESE 2 LIST ALL SUPERPOWERS

BE SURE TO INCLUDE FRANCE AND ITALY

OH WAIT

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY???

USA USA USA!!!!!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    honda has been impressive so far
    CSKMoscow sitting on a goldmine

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    I have troubles with the coach's son being on the team

Works for Slovakia.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    and Argentina and Holland if you count son-in-laws.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    pcmr said:
    honda has been impressive so far
    CSKMoscow sitting on a goldmine

Definitely man of the match.
    And sad to say, but Japan was the better team.
    We didn't deserve to go to the 1/8 finals.
    S??rensen (our keeeper) was looking shaky on those free kicks.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    "The ball! Barry, the fucking ball!"
    That was hilarious, and any England fan knows exactly how he feels.
    I think against Algeria they should've had a camera on him every time James hoofed it long, I'm sure he got more and more pissed-off.

My version is of course "Use the fucking ball Lampard! Use the fucking ball you fat waste of space!"

DocMcCoy said:
    Capello

YES.

Even Psycho looked intimidated...

That Hitler is brilliant too (right up to the part where he starts talking about Badiel & Skinner on the radio anyway).
    "NEVER! Unless Fifa outlaws goalkeepers he (HESKEY) will never score!"
    Crouch's lanky magic, Joe Cole, and John Terry STILL thinks he's the captain. :oh_snap: :snake:

I fucking LOL'd multiple times.
    Thanks!

• DocMcCoy said:

How do you say "do I not like that" in Italian...?

Everybody (on tv at any rate) is talking about whether Portugal will go through, or the Ivory Coast.

But if Portugal were to do Brasil, say, 1-0, and Ivory Coast beat Japan by a truck-load to up their goal difference, Brasil could be out, right?

• Duderonomy said:
    But if Portugal were to do Brasil, say, 1-0, and Ivory Coast beat Japan North Korea by a truck-load to up their goal difference, Brasil could be out, right?

Ivory Cost need Brasil to beat Portugal and for ten goals to go in their favour to overcome Portugal's goal difference.

I don't think Brasil can go out even if they lose since they take head-to-head results before goal difference. I might be wrong about this.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    yellow card fest in the first half

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    b
    neil_something said:
    Duderonomy said:
    But if Portugal were to do Brasil, say, 1-0, and Ivory Coast beat Japan North Korea by a truck-load to up their goal difference, Brasil could be out, right?

Ivory Cost need Brasil to beat Portugal and for ten goals to go in their favour to overcome Portugal's goal difference.

I don't think Brasil can go out even if they lose since they take head-to-head results before goal difference. I might be wrong about this.

brasil has clinched

From the BBC web coverage:

The games aren't world-class, but how about this for breaking news chat: Germany legend Franz Beckenbauer has just told BBC Sport he thinks England will go out ON PENALTIES in Sunday's last-16 clash in Bloemfontein. Fabio - pin it up in the dressing-room, job done.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Uruguay's got an almost guaranteed pass to semi-finals at this point. Same thing for the leader of group H. Sh*t is gonna get hectic with the Germany-England winner's match

That was wank. It's sunny outside, so here's something to ease into the weekend with:

Duderonomy said:
    That was wank. It's sunny outside, so here's something to ease into the weekend with:

0-0 soccer diving bullshit fuck it! Gimme some NASCAR!!!

that vid is great: 16 levels of hitting the outside of your steel drum DA Da da da... those are cool kids.

I believe they call it "Poe's Law" on the internet...something like parody of extremism is impossible to distinguish from said extremism:

defectors were actually kidnapped and tortured for their moves

so good. kim jong illmatic

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    pretty awesome video montage of the USA goal vs Algeria on Wednesday. I know this is like another day in the park for you Euro-Strutter dudes, but seeing this type of excitement over here is very enjoyable for a footy nut such as myself. Hopes to keep the excitement up for a few more rounds....

jlee said:
    pretty awesome video montage of the USA goal vs Algeria on Wednesday. I know this is like another day in the park for you Euro-Strutter dudes, but seeing this type of excitement over here is very enjoyable for a footy nut such as myself. Hopes to keep the excitement up for a few more rounds....

lol "the World's Reaction..."

Nebraska seems like another country to me, but I'm not sure that title's going to fly...

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    jlee said:

lol "the World's Reaction..."

Nebraska seems like another country to me, but I'm not sure that title's going to fly...

us americans have a good habit of getting ahead of ourselves and making some pretty broad statements....that said, nice to know that people in Nebraska are even watching...

WE ARE A WORLDSOCCERSUPERPOWER. I KNOW THIS. IT'S JUST ALL OF THESE OTHER SHITTY COUNTRIES ARE GOING TO NITPICK, LIKE HOW THEY DO WITH "OH NETHERLANDS AND HOLLAND AND DENMARK ARE ALL DIFFERENT" OR WHATEVER.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    jlee said:

Nah, man, minor quibbles aside (two non-US locations does not = The World), that was a delight to watch. Every football fan in the world has known that feeling, and it's actually quite heartwarming to see Americans getting that excited over the special joy that only an injury-time winner can provide.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    That video is excellent. Particularly liking the dudes on teh NY street watching through the store window. Believe, that is an extremely regular Saturday afternoon shopping experience right there.

'Sup with the Boston one? Weak reaction, place half empty.

You dudes really need to step up the chant thing doe.

"USA USA USA" is hella grim.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    skel said:
    That video is excellent. Particularly liking the dudes on teh NY street watching through the store window. Believe, that is an extremely regular Saturday afternoon shopping experience right there.

'Sup with the Boston one? Weak reaction, place half empty.

You dudes really need to step up the chant thing doe.

"USA USA USA" is hella grim.

sayin...it was 11am on the east coast on a Wednesday...so i can forgive Boston a little. Cali was hype at 8am or so....pretty awesome, and one of my favorite things about WC is football watching in the early AM.

USA chant is like the vuvuzela. mad annoying, but after a while kind of endearing. chanting is not so much a sports quality here in the states, and rarely do we make up awesome songs about our squad (REMIX!!!). "U-S-A" is probably (but not definetly) better than a whole stadium singing neil diamond though...(see Boston Red Sox)

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Also, Chile is a pretty decent squad. Goal error and red card aside, they played pretty good. No cake walk for Brazil

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    jlee said:
    Also, Chile is a pretty decent squad. Goal error and red card aside, they played pretty good. No cake walk for Brazil

Actually, commentators saying Spain will play Brazil.

Chile were a bit naughty. Could and should have had another red, for that guy Ponce.

Crazy name, crazy guy. To think he nearly signed for Wigan.