World Cup 2010 - Bastards Speak Up 2.0!!!

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Beckham.

I kid of course but expect a knee jerk reaction calling for him over the next week or so.

The problem is that there's no point paying an international manager insane amounts of money (plus giving them even more when we dump them) if it's not reaping results. Using that logic I expect the next manager will be English again and they will do as poor a job of managing the egos as the foreign managers.

Rooney has at least one, quite probably two World Cups plus a couple of Euros left to prove himself in yet. As long as he remains injury free his time should come.

For all the criticism of Capello, the footage from 1.04 on this cracks me up every time I watch it:

If I had to sit next to Pearce I'd do something similar with the nobrained turd.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I think what Capello actually said to Pearce was "Did you bring Beanie? Go fucking get him!"

• I hope England are still this shit during the Euro qualifiers.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    have you heard this one yet?

"Magician David Blaine furious: his record of spending 42 hours in a box doing nothing has been broken by Wayne Rooney "

[chuckle]

If Roy Keane can't come out and just say that most of the team are shit, then who can?

Oh, but they play for top English clubs that win things in Europe. They're still shit.

• I would like to see Argentina take it sicnce the US got punked off

Sh*t this Japan vs Paraguay game is boring. Penalties will make up for it.

For about 30 mins last night I thought Chile might have a chance against Brasil. I actually hope SPain go through as they play good footy.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Hopefully Portugal win the World Cup. It's the only way I can see Carlos Queiroz taking over from Fergie.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Terry, Gerrard, Lamps, Becks, Ferdinand and dem won't be getting a kick either. These kind of players are not going to listen to a manager when they already think they are world beaters who know better, when the reality is they are "Big-time Charlies" as evidenced.
    You have to be looking at the youngsters who will do what they are told, even if they are not the finished article at the moment. Is it too late for Rooney?.

Some of those players probably won't be around for the next cup. Beckham is already 35, this was his last chance. Isn't he retiring soon?

Not sure, I'm only up to 1997 so far in the comic book. I should be able to tell you by Issue 12.

Double post out of excitement over Golden Balls in pen and ink. Please pretend that I had the authority to delete it.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    FIFA President Apologizes for Refereeing Errors

"The teams from England and Mexico paid the price for FIFA???s resistance
    to upgrade its officiating at this World Cup when they were eliminated
    in the Round of 16 after obvious mistakes by the referees."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/30/sports/soccer/30ref.html?hp

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    It's about time they implement playback technology when it comes to goals. Luckily in those two matches the outcome would have probably been the same regardless.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    what happened to this thread?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Anglo Asshurt

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    BigSpliff said:
    Anglo Asshurt

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts

Hup Holland!

Can't wait for friday's game against Brazil!

1000fm said:

Can't wait for friday's game against Brazil!

Holland's first real test couldn't get any realer. Don't think the Dutch have enough to beat Brasil, but looks like a great match.

Shame Spain vs Portugal was so cagey. Ronaldo on his own up front, Portugal waited until extra time to really press forward, so I guess Spain deserved it.

Skel's south American wager getting safer and safer though. Guess that's why he works in the city.

So David Silva ... :shitty: ... I mean City.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Taxi for Stevie "I'm here for life" Ireland.

Gazza Bazza / Nice MahJong
    Yoyo Toure
    Silva
    Adam Johnson

Make it so Bobby Manc. Make it so.

Jerome Boateng (not bad against England) also signed. Probably better as a fullback with Cola Toure. Pab Zab and a fit Lescott will help. Still unsure of Bridge and Richards. Richards might come good again.

I would be happy with 4th.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    silva could have stretched the defense with his wing runs
    but he seems to be on the outs with the coach

I went into this tournament convinced that Portugal would nullify even the most exciting opposition and feel sadly vindicated with this. Having watched England get ripped apart by refusing to recognise that they were up against more fluid opponents and adapt appropriately I can't knock the approach but Portugal really do suck the life out of matches. Subbing of Almeida for Danny was a bizarre choice though as thought that up till then Portugal actually looked more like scoring than Spain.

Would like to think that the old racist bastard would finally recognise Torres was not ready and drop him for the next match but suspect this is wishful thinking.

Alleged rumour...

"Courts held a further 2 week gagging order on Steve G*rrard???s private life, turns out he got his wife???s sister pregnant (not a 16 year old) This will hit the newspapers in 14 days, the judge held the gagging order to protect the FA while they decide on Capello, and the future of English football??? John terry and the England team all know about it and JT had a argument with Capello because G*rrard got to keep the captains armband.

The tension in the camp was down to JT and half the team saying G*rrard was a disgrace and the other half of the squad backing Gerrard. The press conference was related to the tension and JT wanted G*rrard exposed - they hate each other."

Allegedly.

Much smoke vis-a-vis Gerrard and where he's hidden his sausage. And there was that Southport DJ-ding-dong which passed without incident.

JT and his family are a parade of 24-carat Gobshites.

I am not suggesting everyone be teetotal Michael Owen clones (although he's a gambling man, IIRC), even the behaviour of George Best I can accept as fully embracing the lifestyle, but these two have crossed the line - disrespecting the game in every sense.

J i m s t e r said:

JT and his family are a parade of 24-carat Gobshites.

Good lord yes, fucking disgraces the lot of them. I always thought it was pretty laughable the way the media decided that Gerrard was to be let off the hook for the club incident as they'd marked him down as the new saviour after finally agreeing to show up JT for the joke he is. After that WC I wouldn't be surprised if they rip Stevie a new asshole for anything that comes up now.

On the plus side at least we're not following the French team.

Junior said:
    On the plus side at least we're not following the French team.

Yeah, the only spit-roasting I heard of coming from the England camp was The Carragher's on JTs mum (I guess she has to do something else when the shops are shut).

Can you imagine, doe, Ribery's mug in the vinegar strokes?....

SHUDDER.

T'internet rumour mill in full effect...

More on England:- word from someone in Beckham's entourage that Rooney
    and JT had massive blow up at training and went for each other. Gerrard
    went to break it up but then him and JT got stuck into each other.
    Before the Germany game, players could barely look at each other and
    didn't hide it at final whistle when half of team followed Gerrard and
    Terry's clique went in separate directions. Hence why squad didn't go as
    one and acknowledge the supporters.

Sounds like a load of bollocks for an excuse. They were shite.

Duderonomy said:
    T'internet rumour mill in full effect...

More on England:- word from someone in Beckham's entourage that Rooney
    and JT had massive blow up at training and went for each other. Gerrard
    went to break it up but then him and JT got stuck into each other.
    Before the Germany game, players could barely look at each other and
    didn't hide it at final whistle when half of team followed Gerrard and
    Terry's clique went in separate directions. Hence why squad didn't go as
    one and acknowledge the supporters.

Sounds like a load of bollocks for an excuse. They were shite.

I really hope Rooney did knock Terry out (as the too-good-to-be-true version of this rumour goes).