KICKS..........

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    bassie said:
    I NEED Converse Weapons in Size 5.
    It's been what? Like 5, 6, 7 years that I'm looking for a pair that isn't all black, all white, hideously patterned or yellow/purple/white colourway.
    HAAAAALLLLLPPPPP.

Good luck. That's some real Kicks Hunter. U brought this up since ive been here.

U need to get the Your Red Joint restored in the mean time.

I still have the OG Card that came w/ my Weapons in the 80's.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    batmon said:
    gloom said:
    last "real" pair of sneakers i've bought recently (read: last year). i wear mostly clarks wallys or vans originals nowadays, work related.

had a pair in elementary school. i was waiting for nike to finally retro them, bitter sweet feet justice.

http://www.pickyourshoes.com/item.asp?itemname=7146

is this a suggestion that the all white is better? them shits don't match the black pinstripe/blue number hardaway throwback as well, dun! (and i didn't want to go with the all black colorway)

gloom said:
    batmon said:
    gloom said:
    last "real" pair of sneakers i've bought recently (read: last year). i wear mostly clarks wallys or vans originals nowadays, work related.

had a pair in elementary school. i was waiting for nike to finally retro them, bitter sweet feet justice.

is this a suggestion that the all white is better? them shits don't match the black pinstripe/blue number hardaway throwback as well, dun! (and i didn't want to go with the all black colorway)

just givin you an alternative until they reissue them.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    batmon said:
    gloom said:
    batmon said:
    gloom said:

just givin you an alternative until they reissue them.

i've got the white/blue/blacks on ice at the cribbage right now.

have you been into any of the other nike retro'd releases?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    batmon said:
    bassie said:
    I NEED Converse Weapons in Size 5.
    It's been what? Like 5, 6, 7 years that I'm looking for a pair that isn't all black, all white, hideously patterned or yellow/purple/white colourway.
    HAAAAALLLLLPPPPP.

Good luck. That's some real Kicks Hunter. U brought this up since ive been here.

U need to get the Your Red Joint restored in the mean time.

I love my beat up red and whites but I am wearing them like once a month to reduce the wear and tear.
    I got it as a saved search and check online stores now and then.
    Who's the John Manship of runners?

bassie said:
    Who's the John Manship of runners?

I have no idea who the equivalent might be. But i guarantee Japan still has Vintage Weapons out there.

Any sites/sellers you would recommend?

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    batmon said:

awesome!

bassie said:
    i have a guy in japan that might be able to offer some info, i can ask if you like, i also have a good japanese friend here in australia that knows a lot more about weapons than any one else i know of, he might be able to give you info on releases and availability etc

these are some of his pics

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts
    bassie said:

Zappos is fairly reputable but their selection is somewhat lacking... though the two 86's they got up are nice.... http://www.zappos.com/converse-weapons?zfcTest=navAndThumbs2:1

Just picked these up... had them almost 10 yrs ago, were my favorite 574's and was waiting for them to be re-released...

Thank You - Zappos is a site I do check. It's either a case of not my style or not my size. Right now, it's both :(

bassie said:
    Thank You - Zappos is a site I do check. It's either a case of not my style or not my size. Right now, it's both :(

"DONT TOUCH MY FEETS!"

You have a very good memory.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    When I was in London like 6 years ago they had these bad ass Weapons in brown/beige/ostrich. Still pissed I didn't pick them up.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    bassie - What kind of runners are you interested in and what size do you wear? I could maybe offer some recommendations on Nike stuff, that's about all I buy these days. Older releases, anyway...

Also, I just donated two pairs of Weapon Lows (Bulls colorway and Michigan colorway) to the Goodwill a few weeks back. Didn't even think people cared much about those anymore. Hopefully somebody gets excited to find them. They were both in good condition, too.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    not feelin many of the choices in this thread

here's a couple that i got in the past few months:

G_Balliando said:
    bassie - What kind of runners are you interested in and what size do you wear? I could maybe offer some recommendations on Nike stuff, that's about all I buy these days. Older releases, anyway...

Also, I just donated two pairs of Weapon Lows (Bulls colorway and Michigan colorway) to the Goodwill a few weeks back. Didn't even think people cared much about those anymore. Hopefully somebody gets excited to find them. They were both in good condition, too.

You guys are the best! The sneaker support (enabling) is making my heart sing!

I actually don't deal with Nikes. I do see a fair amount that I like, old and new styles, but I have this weird aversion at this point. I think it's because they are so prevalent.
    Those Weapons are two of the most comfortable and good-looking shoes I own. They are beat to hell at this point and I would really like a new pair in green/white or white/navy. The all-blacks make me feel like I am in Sepultura, you know?
    I tried to do the design-your-own on the Converse site - and damn, they looked good, with my last name and everything! - but they won't ship to Canada. Talk about blue balls.

About making someone happy at Goodwill - a few years ago, I donated six pairs of Nikes to a Goodwill up on St.Clair. My friend who was with me kept asking me if I was sure I wanted to do it. If we had been the same size I am positive they would be in her closet now.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Fuck a casual sneaker

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    CherChezLaPLAN said:

Been rockin these lately.

Mesh toebox on Wildwoods = fire

I love Wildwoods, these are pretty rad and I am in need.

yuichi said:
    Fuck a casual sneaker

As much as these sneaker sites hype the hell out of KOBES kicks ive not seen ONE dude or lady sport them in NYC. I saw cats w/ last years edition, but this year has been mad chirp.

b/w

Runners = FAIL.

Its like country dudes talmbout Tennis Shoes. Muthafuckin Foamposites are NOT Tennis shoes!!!

Lebrons are NOT RUNNERS. AquaSocks are not Runners.

WTF?

i get the regional steez, but still.....gtfohwtb

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    gloom said:

HAWT! I had those in 5th grade, got them right before I went to Michael Cooper's Coop Camp one summer.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    Pistol_Pete said:
    not feelin many of the choices in this thread

here's a couple that i got in the past few months:
    where can i get these?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Fuck a casual sneaker

As much as these sneaker sites hype the hell out of KOBES kicks ive not seen ONE dude or lady sport them in NYC. I saw cats w/ last years edition, but this year has been mad chirp.

Yea, I get the impression NYC peeps wear basically J's and Foamposites.

Out here (LA), Kobe V's are just as popular if not more than the IV's. I already got 5 pairs and counting...

BATMON - When you say "runners = fail" are you saying running shoes are no good? Or are you saying people are calling shoes runners that aren't runners? Also, the reason you don't see people wearing Kobe's is because they are hideously ugly and not practical for everyday use. Plus, most of them have patent leather on them, which is usually not a good look in my book (at least not for hombres). This is also evidenced by the fact that yuki owns 15 pairs of them. :P

bassie - I gotcha, I can't really help with many other brands. the_dL might know something about New Balance or Asics though, maybe he can offer some advice on where to find some good ones.

G_Balliando said:
    BATMON - When you say "runners = fail" are you saying running shoes are no good? Or are you saying people are calling shoes runners that aren't runners?

I have plenty of Running shoes i rock for style reasons. but my my entire collectron shouldnt be called RUNNERS.

Chuck Taylor was NOT a RUNNING star.

Puma Clyde Frazier = Not Runners
    adidas Stan Smith = Not Runners but Tennis...yes

adidas Rod Laver = Not Runner but Tennis yes

Air Force 1 = Not Runners

New Balance 575s = Runners

Converse Weapons = NOT RUNNERS!!!!!!

Nike Lava Dome = ACG/Trail Runners?????

NOT TENNIS/NOT RUNNING

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Fuck a casual sneaker

Yea, I get the impression NYC peeps wear basically J's and Foamposites.

Out here (LA), Kobe V's are just as popular if not more than the IV's. I already got 5 pairs and counting...

i feel u.

Mad Griffeys Retros in NYC.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Isn't the term "runners" like Euro dudes call their shoes "trainers"?

• HOTSOUPHOTSOUP 63 Posts
    Limited edition Wind Runners. 1989 ish

I've had it bad for a few

Whatchu know about vintage knock off? Flavor

OG

BATMON - OK I thought that's what you meant. You're right. And in the UK, everything running or training related (and sometimes unrelated) is called a "trainer" haha. But you're right, "runners" should be reserved for shoes that were built to run in.

Hot Soup - Nice vintage collection! I see some Nike Air Talarias in there, the red/white/navy Air Max 93's are awesome, I see some infrared Air Max 90s, some super beat royal blue Air Max 87's, '91 Structure Triax (are those vintage or one of the recent retros? With the purple on the toe?), I think I see some '95 Air Windrunners, and a bunch of other cool looking stuff. Good stuff!

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Those Voit wannabee-New Balances are too ill.

• HOTSOUPHOTSOUP 63 Posts
    G_Balliando said:
    BATMON - OK I thought that's what you meant. You're right. And in the UK, everything running or training related (and sometimes unrelated) is called a "trainer" haha. But you're right, "runners" should be reserved for shoes that were built to run in.

Hot Soup - Nice vintage collection! I see some Nike Air Talarias in there, the red/white/navy Air Max 93's are awesome, I see some infrared Air Max 90s, some super beat royal blue Air Max 87's, '91 Structure Triax (are those vintage or one of the recent retros? With the purple on the toe?), I think I see some '95 Air Windrunners, and a bunch of other cool looking stuff. Good stuff!

Thanks man. Yeah the vintage stuff is my favorite, mostly running shoes from years 88-93. I'm like a cranky old man when it comes to reissues, although I do have quite a few pairs. I have a pair of og structures on the shelf , and a pair that I dogged out from the first round of reissues. After they went crazy with the colorway's I kind of started hating.
    At least no one is going to reissue my random joints! Avia, Etonic, Patrick's... I have soviet issue sneakers as well...crazy shit