DON'T STEP ON MY HEELS - 2.0

Comments

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Have any of you seen "The September Issue," which a documentary about the September Issue of Vogue magazine? I watched it last night and liked it.

Cool, but garish. Didn't expect that from Louboutin. Thoughts? Which celeb will be donning these?

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT>prd_id=845524446248740&FOLDER;>folder_id=282574492709417&bmUID=1276232257495&ev19=1:7

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    The peeptoe opening is too small and the heel is way too thin compared to the body of the shoe. I do like cut-outs and peek-a-boo features though.
    The vampy superhigh stiletto also doesn't make sense with the cutesy, bubble-letter main, you know?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Almond said:
    Have any of you seen "The September Issue," which a documentary about the September Issue of Vogue magazine? I watched it last night and liked it

i enjoyed it. i watched it with a friend who has little interest in fashion, and she had no idea who anyone was.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Just now ordered these. Been keeping a (Firefox) tab open with them for awhile. Should I or should I not? Kinda hoping I'd lose interest, but alas...the consumer in me won again.

Thorocraft - The Trevor

I live vicariously through Strutter spending habits. I keep telling myself I'll buy certain shits when I have more money, but since I don't want the responsibility of a challenging, profitable career, that might not be for a while.

I don't like the gladiator sandal/heel thread. I'm sick of seeing women's shoes with 30 criss cross straps all the way up to the ankle. How many more seasons before this fades away???

*PLEASE let's not turn this into an unattainables thread because of Acosta*

This is some trivial beef shit, but Acosta's response is a breath of fresh air.

Maino on Rosa Acosta:
    ???I looked at her ???boom??? she???s cute but she had cheap shoes. Someone asked me would I ever try to talk to her and I said, ???No disrespect but [that ain't] my type. Look at your shoes. Look at your bag. I don???t even f*ck women like you.??? Imagine I pull up somewhere and you got Jay-z, you got Diddy and n*ggas about their business. I pull up in my bentley and jump out, and this b*tch got on her cheap azz shoes. I don???t want you, if I can???t sport you.???

Rosa Acosta responded:

???First of all he said I???m cheap. That I wear cheap shoes. There is a difference between simple and cheap. I will not wear something that is fake so I will wear whatever I can afford. If I can just afford Forever 21 shoes, then that???s what I am going to buy. And anyway, I wasn???t aware that they gave you lessons about women???s shoes in prison."

"I am still the same girl that came from the Dominican Republic. My family has never been rich. I???m still not rich. Why would I go and buy a $2000 pair of shoes that I can???t afford when I can actually help my family that???s still living in DR, or I can save my money or I could spend money on my education. What is wrong with buying something that???s inexpensive???

Cool post, Bassie. I was talking to a friend yesterday about how retailers like Forever 21, made it okay to wear inexpensive, on-trend items, rather than overpriced designer pieces that will be relevant for 2 seasons at the most.

• *PLEASE let's not turn this into an unattainables thread because of Acosta*

Maino on Rosa Acosta:
    ???I looked at her ???boom??? she???s cute but she had cheap shoes. Someone asked me would I ever try to talk to her and I said, ???No disrespect but [that ain't] my type. Look at your shoes. Look at your bag. I don???t even f*ck women like you.??? Imagine I pull up somewhere and you got Jay-z, you got Diddy and n*ggas about their business. I pull up in my bentley and jump out, and this b*tch got on her cheap azz shoes. I don???t want you, if I can???t sport you.???

Rosa Acosta responded:

???First of all he said I???m cheap. That I wear cheap shoes. There is a difference between simple and cheap. I will not wear something that is fake so I will wear whatever I can afford. If I can just afford Forever 21 shoes, then that???s what I am going to buy. And anyway, I wasn???t aware that they gave you lessons about women???s shoes in prison."

"I am still the same girl that came from the Dominican Republic. My family has never been rich. I???m still not rich. Why would I go and buy a $2000 pair of shoes that I can???t afford when I can actually help my family that???s still living in DR, or I can save my money or I could spend money on my education. What is wrong with buying something that???s inexpensive???

Rosa is a winner for that one. Just because it's not expensive doesn't mean it won't look good.

Amazing colours, love the buckles, ridiculously high heels but at least they are sturdy.
    I think these are gorgeous spring/summer shoes.

*PLEASE let's not turn this into an unattainables thread because of Acosta*

Maino on Rosa Acosta:

Rosa Acosta responded:

Her response pretty much makes her attainable. Just sayin'.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Herm said:
    Just now ordered these. Been keeping a (Firefox) tab open with them for awhile. Should I or should I not? Kinda hoping I'd lose interest, but alas...the consumer in me won again.

Thorocraft - The Trevor

Nice! Much better than a similar pair by Opening Ceremony for a lot less! Great buy!
    I'm feeling these right now:

sno said:
    Herm said:

Thorocraft - The Trevor

Nice! Much better than a similar pair by Opening Ceremony for a lot less! Great buy!
    I'm feeling these right now:

Sno! What's up?? Hope all is well with you, sir!

I'm feeling pretty much all of Thorocraft's collection, and they're relatively inexpensive too!

These are similar to the "Visvims" you hooked me up with. They're still in GREAT condition! Any more pop up over there?

Don't think I can pull these off, but they're interesting nonetheless:

• snosno 332 Posts
    What up Herm!!!
    Thanks for the headsup, those Thorocraft do indeed look real nice and the price are absolutely reasonable!

Those "Visvims"...the quality are so damn average, I stop bothered looking 'cos I thought it'd be a complete waste of your time, money and space! The Thorocraft moccasins looks much more well-crafted than the half-ass stitiching on those FBTs!

Gonna cop these from Taiwan, 1/4th the price of an UK bench-made brogue, but it should do the job of everyday walking for me:

Herm said:

Don't think I can pull these off, but they're interesting nonetheless:

Those gray mid-cuts are very very nice.

These woven brown shoes are great, but the colour is ALL WRONG. They look cheap and plasticy, they need to be much lighter or much darker. That orangey-brown shade hardly ever works. And the laces look terrible. Do they come in other colours?

bassie said:

These woven brown shoes are great, but the colour is ALL WRONG. They look cheap and plasticy, they need to be much lighter or much darker. That orangey-brown shade hardly ever works. And the laces look terrible. Do they come in other colours?

Exactly, Bassie! That little lip around the ankle bugs me too. Unfortunately, that's the only color they come in.

Yea, I agree on the lip, too.
    Positively orthapaedic!
    It's funny, they have all the makings to be a really smart and elegant shoe, but the colour and the lip and cheap laces undermine it at every turn.

But those gray ones are soooooo nice!

Can we eventually see a pic of the Trevors in action? I just don't know how I feel about how high the laces sit....need to see them on!

bassie said:
    Yea, I agree on the lip, too.
    Positively orthapaedic!
    It's funny, they have all the makings to be a really smart and elegant shoe, but the colour and the lip and cheap laces undermine it at every turn.

But those gray ones are soooooo nice!

Can we eventually see a pic of the Trevors in action? I just don't know how I feel about how high the laces sit....need to see them on!

Fo' sho'! I should get them in a few days.

Looks like I have to take back what I said - the pair on the left are the orangey colour I was hating on before, but those shoes are terrific in every way. I think both pairs of shoes are just lovely.

bassie said:
    Looks like I have to take back what I said - the pair on the left are the orangey colour I was hating on before, but those shoes are terrific in every way. I think both pairs of shoes are just lovely.

You mean the woven ones I posted above? Or were you referring to a different pair? The ones you just posted look a lot more vibrant than the woven ones.

Herm said:
    bassie said:

You mean the woven ones I posted above? Or were you referring to a different pair? The ones you just posted look a lot more vibrant than the woven ones.

Not sure if I can pull off those double monk straps, regardless. Shoe buckles make me feel pilgrimish.

Just used my Gilt Groupe credit towards these...

Generic Man Perforated Leather Cap Toe Oxfords

I am on Gilt Groupe too!

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    I'm getting increaslingly frustrated that Gilt Groupe still won't ship to Europe!

bassie said:
    I am on Gilt Groupe too!

Dangerous, no? But great deals are to be had!

For women's stuff, I haven't seen too many clothes or shoes I like - I only got on a few months ago - but the jewelry they have is quite nice.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i got wooven brown(orangey) ones at a thrift store and am thinking or rocking it with my gray suit at the wedding

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Herm said:
    Just used my Gilt Groupe credit towards these...

Generic Man Perforated Leather Cap Toe Oxfords

feelin these, Herm. was checking a similar pair out recently and came close to pulling the trigger, but to no avail

pcmr said:
    i got wooven brown(orangey) ones at a thrift store and am thinking or rocking it with my gray suit at the wedding

what kind of gray?