NBA FINALS-2010 Magic/Bird Again

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    batmon said:

Didnt Rondo run the point during the Celtic comeback?

I think its an exaggeration to say dude was a "non-factor" down the stretch last night.

you are clearly "on his dick" 8-/

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I want the Celtics to win generally, and find derek fisher to be a whiny bitch specifically, but damn watching him go coast to coast and score on three defenders was the game highlight.

no doubt - I'm a diehard life-long Celtics fan, and as much as that play was like a punch in the stomach and meant the end of any potential Celtics comeback in the game, I STILL thought it was awesome.

... except for KG's half-ass "defense" on Fisher at half-court :-S

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Funny moment last night when Van Gundy yelled for Tony Allen to "STAGGER OFF!" after he get nailed in the neck. It was Jeff at his most emotional and he was nonplussed about the prospect of Doc Rivers having to burn a timeout for a measly neck chop.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Rondo and Fisher were terrible last night...

If Tony Allen didn't get kicked in the neck (which he deserved for playing dirty) things may have ended different

Luke Walton was the real hero

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    white_tea said:
    Funny moment last night when Van Gundy yelled for Tony Allen to "STAGGER OFF!" after he get nailed in the neck. It was Jeff at his most emotional and he was nonplussed about the prospect of Doc Rivers having to burn a timeout for a measly neck chop.

van gundy is the only decent one in the bunch. marc jackson is the worst. "hand down, man down". last night i watched half of the game with the sound off, listening to music.

you can't f*ck with tnt. doug collins is extremely knowledgeable and far and away the best basketball analyst i have ever heard. marv is a legend.

• keithvanhorn said:

van gundy is the only decent one in the bunch. marc jackson is the worst. "hand down, man down". last night i watched half of the game with the sound off, listening to music.

MAMA, THERE GOES THAT MAN!

haha I just saw that you already poasted the same thing.

I can never remember any other Marc Jackson catchphrases but MAMA THERE GO THAT MAN is eternal.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    white_tea said:
    doug collins is extremely knowledgeable and far and away the best basketball analyst i have ever heard. .

Yes, next to Hubie Brown. They break down the game crazy-like.

• SoulOnIce said:

I can never remember any other Marc Jackson catchphrases but MAMA THERE GO THAT MAN is eternal.

IMMA BAAAD MAN

• keithvanhorn said:
    white_tea said:
    doug collins is extremely knowledgeable and far and away the best basketball analyst i have ever heard. .

Yes, next to Hubie Brown. They break down the game crazy-like.

I love Hubie, but he drives me crazy sometimes with his, "OK, now look at this right here" 25X a game.

I'M FUCKING LOOKING AT A BIG ASS HD SCREEN HUBIE WTF

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    walter_chron said:
    keithvanhorn said:

KO-BE OR NOT KO-BE!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    walter_chron said:
    keithvanhorn said:

KO-BE OR NOT KO-BE!

Even his co-anchors had to clown him on that one. Unforgivably wack.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Horseleech said:

KO-BE OR NOT KO-BE!

^^^WTF? omg, ouch
    as Charles would say: "THAT'S TURRIBLE"

• SoulOnIce said:

I can't lie. I remember during last years playoffs I used to hate hearing him say that as they replayed a highlight before commercials, but I must admit that it's starting to grow on me a bit. At least he's better than Reggie Miller. Jeff Van Gundy is the best in that group, but still Doug Collins and Marv Albert are the best analyst team. But with Doug Collins going to Philadelphia next season, you think that Bill Walton will join Marv?!

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i'm pretty bummed about doug leaving-- he adds the analytical stuff that i like to marv's universal (awesome) appeal.
    hard to say if walton is coming back. judging by his halftime deal w/ kareem the other night when they were talking about Wooden, you can still see that he's got the spark, but he's looking worn out.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I couldn't handle Walton at that halftime.

His teeth were threatening to kill me the entire time.

And his teleprompter'd quips (when speaking on a dead friend) were a bit disconcerting.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    that's another reason i don't see walton coming back-- he's too polarizing. i personally think he's great, and i didn't get the impression that he was on a teleprompter, i just thought he was more camera aware than kareem. having read a ton about the guy and watched a ton of interviews with him, i don't think you could get him to read off a teleprompter if you wanted to. i think his announcer-ish inflection and over-emphasis, although it may come across as phony to some, comes across to me as pretty genuine and according to him, a pretty effective way for him to battle the horrible stutter that he otherwise possesses.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Walton's back is all f*cked up, that is why he left broadcasting. He can't sit down for that long. I think he was one of the more entertaining color commentary guys.

"Throw it down big guy".

I like Walton

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    JimBeam said:
    i think his announcer-ish inflection and over-emphasis, although it may come across as phony to some, comes across to me as pretty genuine and according to him, a pretty effective way for him to battle the horrible stutter that he otherwise possesses.

way to make me feel bad bro.

yeah I guess you know, the occasion called for some solemnity and dude was treating it like the lead-up to game 7.

But you know, I didn't know about the stutter.

Still, his teeth and hands bug me!

"I know how to change a game defensively,'' Artest said. "I've dominated games defensively, and sometimes people don't see it. It's like that Chinese death blow hit. You don't feel until it's in you, and five seconds later, you kind of die. I forget the name of it, but it's a death blow.''

:woah:

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique-R

• I like Walton as an analyst, but thought he was best back on NBC when he was teamed with Steve 'The Snapper' Jones. But that's probably moot, as already mentioned he left because of his back. With Collins going back to coach in Philly, and Kerr in Phoenix, I wonder who will get teamed with Marv.

A few years ago when I had the NBA League Pass I liked listening to Marv and Clyde together for the Knicks games.

I vote Marv and Hubie together, or Marv and Jeff Van Gundy.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I can get with Walton, but sometimes his tangents can be intolerable to listen to.
    I vote Walt Clyde, that guy needs major airtime.

• The_Non said:

Walt and Mike Breen are my favorite duo in the league.

I liked Walton cause he would always trash dudes.

"Antione Walker is putting on the most embarrassing display of athletic apathy that I have seen at any level of basketball - professional, college, high-school, JV ... "

That's why I like Boomer Esiason doing football games, he goes off on dudes all game long.

Hearing Boomer Esiason rip on Ben Roethlisberger is some of the best free entertainment out there.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    The_Non said:

Major

Clyde is fuckin' great.

Mike Breen should at least pretend to not favor EC Teams.

SVG is great

Listening to Jackson you would think he never played in the league

Doug Collins talks too much

Hubie is GOAT

Walt Frazier is a retard

Marv is the best ever ...right behind Chick

Fratello is cool

Kevin Harlan is as good as Marv......I would watch a WNBA game if Harlan callled it....."RIGHT BETWEEN THEE EYES !!"