NBA FINALS-2010 Magic/Bird Again

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Mike Breen should at least pretend to not favor EC Teams.

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Dude is on some Tom Tolbert/Steve Kerr bullshit.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I'm excited about Larry Drew getting the ATL job.....i've been wanting him get to a shot for a long time.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    mylatency said:

Davis is a decent role player and Robinson is about 40% as good as Iverson but plays just as selfishly and acts like a complete fool on the court. If not for these two and Rasheed Wallace, I wouldn't be rooting so hard against the Celtics.

I can appreciate what Davis brings to a team but his facial expressions, including the whole LL thing he does with his lips, makes me throw things at the TV. He is able to exploit the Lakers' weakness, which is the lack of a good defensive power forward. Its usually Odom guarding him...and well, he can't.

The thing about Robinson is that Rondo does everything he does, but much better...except shoot from the outside. He hit a few 3s last game, and that's the only reason he got extended minutes. Listen to Van Gundy tonight when Robinson is on the court...he shares my distaste.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:
    blah blah blah asshurt blah blah blah asshurt blah blah blah

Lakers fan or not....if they show the Fisher 3 pt play one more time i might lose it.....enough already

Bring back The NBA on NBC

holy mother of God is Kobe Bryant SICK.

he is the only reason L.A. is even IN this game. he has EVERY point (17) for the Lakers in the 3rd quarter with 5 minutes left. W. T. F.

• GRAND THEFT RONDO?! Come on Mark Jackson. Sometimes I wonder if some of his sayings are premeditated or planned out.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    "THE OFFICIATING WAS TERRIBLE!!!!!"

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

You're about a decade late, but glad you're acknowledging.

Enjoy Mamba snake while he's still playing.

b/w

I knew Boston had the edge going into this game. We need BYNUM in a baaad way. Gasol up against Celtic bigs = '08 Finals all over again.

Celtics played a near perfect game....credit is due

b/w

What time does The Pacers game come on ? I can't find it anywhere.

edpowers said:
    Celtics played a near perfect game....credit is due

b/w

What time does The Pacers game come on ? I can't find it anywhere.

I think the Pacers are playing at 5pm. No wait, I think 6 Pm. Of forget it, maybe 7pm?

yuichi said:

You're about a decade late, but glad you're acknowledging.

Enjoy Mamba snake while he's still playing.

eh, it's not like I thought he sucked before. but when he's almost single-handedly beating your team in a must-win game in the NBA Finals, it's kind of hard not to fear/respect the schitt out of him.

I knew Boston had the edge going into this game. We need BYNUM in a baaad way. Gasol up against Celtic bigs = '08 Finals all over again.

it really does seem to come down to this. 4 of these games have come down to a handful of possessions and Bynum being in/effective would probably have the Lakers up 3-2 now, if not already Champions.
    if Bynum can't go in L.A. I like the Celtics' chances to win one and take the prize.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    keithvanhorn said:

Robinson is about 40% as good as Iverson but plays just as selfishly and acts like a complete fool on the court.

He is nowhere near that good.

It's not Bynum......Andrew has never been very good so it's kind of silly to expect him to be the difference in The Finals.......you have to give the other team props when it's deserved and The Celtics played a helluva game tonight.....for every big shot Kobe made he let Rondo have his way on the other end *pasue*.....Fisher got a whole lot of shine for that great 1/2 a qtr in Game #3 but he's played like shit the other 18 qtrs.....most of all Odom and Artest can't score, which is a testament to Boston's defense.

Boston deserves to be up.....but, you play 82 games for home court so i'm still confident.

I still say when Bynum has been in and playing well the Celtics have been unable to deal.
    The Celtics were shooting the lights out tonight but kept the Lakers in it with turnovers, many of which have to be credited more to tenacious play by the Lakers than sloppy play by the Celtics.

Analysis seems pointless, the way every game has been up for grabs. That "wired" bit where Phil Jackson was talking about the Celtics choking in the 4th quarter was kind of nuts ... at least, it was almost like some trash talk tactics. I guess that's what "zen" is?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    For all those dimwits who said...Lebron has no support, look at all that Kobe is working with...FUSK YOU!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    That "wired" bit where Phil Jackson was talking about the Celtics choking in the 4th quarter was kind of nuts ... at least, it was almost like some trash talk tactics. I guess that's what "zen" is?

it was shitty, but if was coaching the lakers i prolly would have said the same thing... bynum is a difference maker in this series b/c the combo of garnett/perkins or sheed/baby or whatever can nuetralize gasol... w/o another big offensive presence LA can't do it...

re: robinson and iverson... silly talk... nate is our backup pointguard and AI took on a better lakers team on his own...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    batmon said:

Hey Batfox, this was actually a well officiated game for once minus the Ray Allen shotclock thang.

• The_Non said:
    batmon said:

Hey Batfox, this was actually a well officiated game for once minus the Ray Allen shotclock thang.

That shotclock call came at such a critical time, though. So the rest of the game was well-officiated, making sure it wasn't so much a free throw battle, but that one call could've given L.A a chance to cut down the lead with a little more time on the clock to not have to foul and just make a stop. But it doesn't matter. I said Boston would win in six anyway.

HarveyCanal said:
    For all those dimwits who said...Lebron has no support, look at all that Kobe is working with...FUSK YOU!

For everyone who was riding Fisher in game 3...notice how he has disappeared since then. Imo, the Lakers lack of a pg is KILLING them. Not so much in the set offense because the triangle doesn't rely on pg penetration...but when things break down the Lakers have two options, Kobe or Gasol. They need a pg who can get to the basket. Fisher rarely drives the lane and Farmer seems to think that his role is to jack 3s.

I agree.

The triangle never needs a traditional PG.

Jordan/Pippen.....Armstrong/Kerr/Paxson........Harper didnt a decent job as a big guard.

Kobe/cough....Artest is looks too wild out there w/ the ball in his hands, yet that's his weird advantage.
    Odom has a Point Forward's game but isnt that dude in Miami anymore.

Maybe a vet that can still shake and bake and distribute, for 20 mins a game.

On the other side....there are times when Rondo makes some boneheaded passing decision. Way too outta control sometimes.

p_gunn said:
    SoulOnIce said:
    That "wired" bit where Phil Jackson was talking about the Celtics choking in the 4th quarter was kind of nuts ... at least, it was almost like some trash talk tactics. I guess that's what "zen" is?

it was shitty, but if was coaching the lakers i prolly would have said the same thing... bynum is a difference maker in this series b/c the combo of garnett/perkins or sheed/baby or whatever can nuetralize gasol...

I'm not sure what was so "shitty" about Phil's comments......it's his huddle....the wired thing is corny...

The Lakers havn't had a PG all year and made it to The Finals......again with Fisher just like Bynum why are we expecting these players to do things they've never had to.....

IT'S ODOM

Lamar is the only Laker playing way below expectations........even Ron is close to what he's done all season

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Lamar Odom is the sorriest sumbitch on the planet.

Lakers in 7.

keithvanhorn said:
    Lakers in 7.

where were you before game one?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I sure hope the Lakers and Celtics can improve their teams during the off-season.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Lamar Odom is the sorriest sumbitch on the planet.

Boy, is this worth noting. If he gave a shit, this series would have been over in 5... god, he's brutal to watch.