NBA FINALS-2010 Magic/Bird Again

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I understand the sports psych 101, but I'm not buying Game 6 fail/motivation as a story line. 2008 as a whole? yes, makes sense.

Game 6 just never sat well with me, as it became so anticlimactic, and the Lakers were just so gutless. Serious 2nd-night-of-a-back-to-back-on-the-east-coast-in-November vibes... Something about it just stuck with me.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    someone just told me the celtics are not the favorites...is that true? wtf?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    yikes! nate robinson's new loltat:

:ahhh:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    ugh I am not feeling everyone expecting a Boston walk ... very jinx-ish.

I think the C's can win, but L.A. has home court this time and Kobe is playing out of his mind.

Despite the beat-down of Orlando in game 6, my boys were looking tired and cold for much of that series.

I expect at least 6 games no matter who wins - if the C's can take one of the 1st two in L.A. I will feel much more confident.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    rondo is trying to keep their heads out of water

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The Celtics are boring as shit......and Rondo is boring after seeing Westbrook,Williams and Nash........

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Kobe is beasting.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    HAS MYLATENCY WEIGHED IN ON THIS YET???

REALLY, THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

What happen to Ron Artest?

Where is Boston's Bench?

L.A. is supposed to win both home court games.

Shit isnt gonna get hot until someone wins on the visitor floor.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    I wish Van Gundy would choke on his own bullshit, he made the game hard to watch last night.

Go Lakers!

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Thatnew jay rock song the payback go hard like 3 day old playdoh left out. Id post it but I'm on my phone. Youtube it

Rajon Rondo is like the 6th or 7th best point guard if he played in the Western Conference.........Boston is done.....East Coast Spurs......Cleveland Fail.....Magic Frail...........24 = Tyson ...23 = Ali

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

edpowers said:
    Rajon Rondo is like the 6th or 7th best point guard if he played in the Western Conference.........Boston is done.....East Coast Spurs......Cleveland Fail.....Magic Frail...........24 = Tyson ...23 = Ali

lol ... typical level-headed sports posting from Ed Powers ... I'll give you credit, at least you don't fence-sit.

this series hasn't even started yet.

edpowers said:

this series hasn't even started yet.

True...Paul hasn't called for the wheelchair yet

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    JimBeam said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    spare me the "story" and "narrative" bullshit

should be the quote of the series.
    shit's been rererehashed.

Yo - he was saying shit was going to be boring. My point: how could these two teams - the way they've been playing in the post-season - be boring?

i know what he was saying, i'm saying the rivalry, with the way players are now acquired in the league (outside of kobe/pierce who have essentially played their entire careers for one team, as great players typically used to), is not relevant. "yeah, you know shannon brown, that lakers team when you were two years old, you remember that right???"
    if i see any commercial or montage or hear some color commentator talkin magic and bird, or jerry west's mummified corpse or any of that crap, it will be one time too many.
    that shit is obnoxious. i know i'm not the only one that thinks so-- all respect due to the legends, it takes away from the players now.
    as for how it can be boring: ask anyone outside of boston or new york how a red sox/yankees series is in any way entertaining.
    If there's no connection for the individual, no unknowns-to-john-q-public to learn about as they play, no personal narrative for the viewer to draw upon, it's boring. (take the thunder/lakers first round matchup... that was on some david and goliath shit. it was awesome) for people who really pay attention to the sport (ie: outside of their home/favorite teams) and enjoy not just watching the sport, but really knowing it (ie: a few people on here) it's boring.
    it is magic and bird, it's red, it's KAJ, it's all that all over again. the mediocrities of the current games are over-inflated (see glen davis) and the shining performances are held to an unapproachable standard. we already know how it ends (lakers in 6, btw)

that said, i'll watch it and enjoy it for the incredible performance it is. but the lakers and celtics is not intriguing. it's the same shit, rehashed.

wow, that was confusing.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    JimBeam, seemingly ranting in that post, makes some good points.

I agree with "taking away from the players now b/c of the montage shit"

and the personal connection you have with a team that makes games exciting.

Also, am I one of these people?

but really knowing it (ie: a few people on here)

SoulOnIce said:
    wow, that was confusing.
    it made much more sense while i was drinking.

SoulOnIce said:
    wow, that was confusing.
    and yuichi, i'm going to refrain from being the decision maker on that one.

lol @ this game.....quite entertaining

not boring

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    batmon said:
    not boring

Definitely not. Ray Allen dropping 27 w/ 7 tres = :face_melt:

But man, Lakers have come back in a hurry.

man, if KG was even close to his old/usual self, the C's would be rolling.

he is hurting them on both ends of the court.

if not for Allen the C's would be toast.

SoulOnIce said:
    man, if KG was even close to his old/usual self, the C's would be rolling.

he is hurting them on both ends of the court.

if not for Allen the C's would be toast.

Yeah - I think the last two series really just took Garnett's game away. He just looks creaky out there.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

KG's tires have a lot of miles on them, and it looks like it. The wear has taken its toll on his game. He lacks that old fire and intensity.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

BTW, officiating has been garbage on both sides. If Kobe fouls out soon, expect a riot.