Damu The Fudgemunk - This Is How It Should Sound

Comments

• staxwax - thx for listening, glad you appreciate the record. the next lp is almost complete and will be available this summer.

everyone else is entitled to their opinion, but i gotta admit that i find it interesting that people spend so much time "discussing" or commenting on stuff that they dont like. theyre not even giving constructive criticism, or able to identify what it is that they dont like, so you gotta wonder where they're at. i guess people really dont have much else to do or anything of their own to speak on, so this is the next best thing? either way, hopefully you guys are achieving whatever goals you may have.

leftright (fran) - its VERY funny to see you here and even funnier to see that you seem so anti-damu on this forum ... especially considering the NUMEROUS messages we have on file that you sent, praising damu's skills as a producer ("one of the best at it") and BEGGING him to tell you the name of some of the samples he used, and later apologizing for becoming "obsessed" (your words). i wont post that stuff here, as id like to think we're above it. nevertheless, a good day to you sir

redef

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts

leftright (fran) - its VERY funny to see you here and even funnier to see that you seem so anti-damu on this forum ... especially considering the NUMEROUS messages we have on file that you sent, praising damu's skills as a producer ("one of the best at it") and BEGGING him to tell you the name of some of the samples he used, and later apologizing for becoming "obsessed" (your words). i wont post that stuff here, as id like to think we're above it. nevertheless, a good day to you sir

i see what you did there

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Shamu The Shrimp Pimp

"Keep it Krill"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

stalker moves revealed

• leftright (fran) - its VERY funny to see you here and even funnier to see that you seem so anti-damu on this forum ... especially considering the NUMEROUS messages we have on file that you sent, praising damu's skills as a producer ("one of the best at it") and BEGGING him to tell you the name of some of the samples he used, and later apologizing for becoming "obsessed" (your words). i wont post that stuff here, as id like to think we're above it. nevertheless, a good day to you sir

stalker moves revealed

Wow. This is definitely

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    ban

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    everyone else is entitled to their opinion, but i gotta admit that i find it interesting that people spend so much time "discussing" or commenting on stuff that they dont like. theyre not even giving constructive criticism, or able to identify what it is that they dont like, so you gotta wonder where they're at. i guess people really dont have much else to do or anything of their own to speak on, so this is the next best thing?.

BAN & D.E.L.E.T.E.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    everyone else is entitled to their opinion, but i gotta admit that i find it interesting that people spend so much time "discussing" or commenting on stuff that they dont like. theyre not even giving constructive criticism, or able to identify what it is that they dont like, so you gotta wonder where they're at. i guess people really dont have much else to do or anything of their own to speak on, so this is the next best thing?.

BAN & D.E.L.E.T.E.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    staxwax - thx for listening, glad you appreciate the record. the next lp is almost complete and will be available this summer.

everyone else is entitled to their opinion, but i gotta admit that i find it interesting that people spend so much time "discussing" or commenting on stuff that they dont like. theyre not even giving constructive criticism, or able to identify what it is that they dont like, so you gotta wonder where they're at. i guess people really dont have much else to do or anything of their own to speak on, so this is the next best thing? either way, hopefully you guys are achieving whatever goals you may have.

redef

yup everyone is entitled to their opinion and when you become a public figure you better have a thick skin...I have a question for you wtf is a fudgemunk? Better yet have old dude come here and explain it.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Damu's gonna be crying into his Oolong tea tonight.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Damu's gonna be crying into his Oolong tea tonight.

RLMAO...

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    "Keep it Krill"

only thing funnier was dude's "good day to you sir" with implied thespian half kneel and hand gesticulation.

edit: hey, in all seriousness what's the track with the maria bethania sample? would like to hear it (ps i liked the vibes)

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    good thread

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fudge+monkey

1. a fudge monkey is a retarted kid.
    "Tommy, the kid in the special ed class is a fudge monkey."
    "fudge donkey fudge head fudge brain fudger fudgebreath"

2. A shit stabber,chutney ferret,uphill gardener etc. In other words, a homosexual male that engages in promiscuous unprotected anal sex.
    "That George Michael is a right Fudge Monkey!"

• "Keep it Krill"

only thing funnier was dude's "good day to you sir" with implied thespian half kneel and hand gesticulation.

edit: hey, in all seriousness what's the track with the maria bethania sample? would like to hear it (ps i liked the vibes)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm not mad at dude. He had some nice cuts on that Rakim record.

B/W

This thread is chock full of feelings.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    You guys are some cold motherfuckers.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

All this time I thought that putting forward an opinion on something published for the masses could be a valid and useful comment on its worth. Now I realise it's just a reflection that my own life is void of meaning or purpose. I will tread more carefully in future until I have achieved all personal goals and also concocted a far more worthy moniker.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

True. Reginald da Chutney Ferret wasn't meant as a personal attack on his private life, just an attempt to come up with a name that sounds worse than Damu The Fudgemunk. His music isn't that bad, but it looks like he had more fun making it than I'd have listening to it.
    More power to him.

b/w

Burtrum "Rah-Rah" Boomin'-Boogers: The Jazz Hands E.P.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

6th Element.

It's the listener's responsibility to demand greatness from music and kick mediocre artists in the teeth. If we settle for anything less than the best, we deserve to be disappointed.

• doomdoom 305 Posts

im in the zone but that post turned my conscious inside out.

dear damu,

all things said is out of love, i mean i think alot of us check for your stuff even tho were not feeling it. we recognise you do it because you actually love it, and thats potential if anything. beeing part of the beatmaker family i have created a to-do list for your summer.

1. your producer gods of the past, are well known for pitching down breaks like you, but they are also known for pitching up breaks.

2. they are also known to captain their compressors like gods. buy one. hell make your label buy you one. and hit some fleamarkets for some cheap old music mags on the topic. new magazines tend to go for that modern sound with either highly overcompressed euroman sounds or stuff that focuses so much on rich dynamics that it actually transforms all recorded musicians into mr burns, thats not what you want to learn.

3. and on that note, mayhem in the lower end midrange spectrum is a dope thing, but not when done 24/7 365, since day 1.

4. you have proven to like depth, seeing your style of layering. please to explore this more. now in the digital age with software versions of classics like lexicon reverbs amongst others. broke ass dreamers like us, can sound like the dream.

5. tape some of your favourite jazz mindmelters, travel to your favourite nowhere for a week. where there are no youtubes and no mobile phones or internets. bring your xylophone and your favourite boombox with you. this is the part of your life when there is no limit anymore to whats an acceptable amount of

6. its the music that builds the name. drop some fucking mindmelters on us and noone will notice it anymore.

peace,
    martin

ps also trapped with very bad euroman name. lol and please teach me how to finish that much stuff.

It's the listener's responsibility to demand greatness from music and kick mediocre artists in the teeth. If we settle for anything less than the best, we deserve to be disappointed.

All this time I thought that putting forward an opinion on something published for the masses could be a valid and useful comment on its worth. Now I realise it's just a reflection that my own life is void of meaning or purpose. I will tread more carefully in future until I have achieved all personal goals and also concocted a far more worthy moniker.

Nah dudes. If you spend all your time commenting on music on a popular public website, racking up 10.000 plus posts, thereby aspiring to be some sort of authority on the subject, and walk around thinking you really really know where its at, then diss people who actually make and release music people buy and enjoy, and if, while doing so, you yourself have never made a musical contribution, ie commercially released or performed music, or have achieved any recognition in the real world, whatsoever for doing music yourself- you're kind of a crab. Thats going beyond a listener who comments or puts forward an opinion. You are welcome to do it, obviously. And to the guy giving damu production pointers, tell me what youve dropped or released, or you're soft.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I don't really get where the line is drawn between giving an opinion and being someone who disses people who actually make and release music etc.

Isn't this just an extremely long winded version of saying that if you don't make and release music yourself then you can't comment on it?

Let's be clear about one thing, a video was posted up on a public forum that then received public comments. If, for some reason known only to him, Damu had decided to come on here himself and ask for feedback I'm sure, after the name clowning had finished, he would have got a different kind of feedback than people commenting on a random video posting.