Damu The Fudgemunk - This Is How It Should Sound

staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Damu came hard as hell with this one. Some nice dusty soulful shit to hold you down for dayssssssThis is what I love to do most - get high and zone the fuck out to some incredulicious shit. Hip Hop.

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    No thanks on the boring jazz hop 101.

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
    :melt:

This is what I love to do most - get high and zone the fuck out to some incredulicious shit. Hip Hop.

he kills it on the vibes damn!!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    i've heard worse, but still

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i wanna know how this guy manages to make the sonics of his music sound so terrible. it's unlistenable to me

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    i can't get past his wretched name. it's like the drop of sewage in the proverbial champagne if there were any.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    i can't get past his wretched name. it's like the drop of sewage in the proverbial champagne if there were any.

For real, if this guy had any friends this name never would have made it past the idea stage.

• :melt:

Damu came hard as hell with this one. Some nice dusty soulful shit to hold you down for dayssssss

This is what I love to do most - get high and zone the fuck out to some incredulicious shit. Hip Hop.

Well, not really. He is talented, but he's not doing anything that hadn't been done in '92. I don't care much for the name as well. But at least I can give a shoutout to the 70 Metrobus. Anyone who lives in DC or has visited DC can attest that riding the 70 is almost a life-changing experience.

This Is How It Should Sound in a Department Store Elevator.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts

I don't think so.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Dudes don't get much littler than staxcax.

Dudes don't get much littler than staxcax.

Hold on, I have to stop bombing this train before I can hear you. Alright...no wait, I have to stop doing windmills on linoleum as well. Okay, now tell me what you were saying as I scratch in stabs of this wicked beatbreak. Make it rhyme of course.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

I don't think so.
    Yeah, that was some Madlib-esque noodling.

• leftrightleftright 101 Posts
    the only thing this guy did that ever impressed me was finding that Maria Bethania record that he ripped off of Madlib before me

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Paycheck just redacted a poast praising this dude

I seen it

Cat should get Saku the Parabola to rhyme over his jazzy niceness.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    I don't care much for the name as well. But at least I can give a shoutout to the 70 Metrobus. Anyone who lives in DC or has visited DC can attest that riding the 70 is almost a life-changing experience.

how did this experience almost change your life, and can you attest to this?

• Seeing him perform in front of the Chinatown station during the summer is always interesting, because out-of-towners would stay around due to him wearing an Oompa Loompa outfit. You would have random people and even a few old heads saying, "Yeah. This needs to be played on the radio now. Bring that old school back."

If Damu didn't sound like something Pete Rock began to do but abandoned halfway, I would probably give him more of a listen or two.

• I don't care much for the name as well. But at least I can give a shoutout to the 70 Metrobus. Anyone who lives in DC or has visited DC can attest that riding the 70 is almost a life-changing experience.

how did this experience almost change your life, and can you attest to this?

Having to ride the 70 to and from school always made me nervous, because you'd never know what characters would come on. One time I was sitting right next to the rear exit and this guy who looked straight hammered came on. The minute he stepped in you could smell the alcohol. The man had 2 bottles of King Cobra in his down jacket, he could barely keep his pants up, and of all the empty seats he had to sit next to me. I started looking out the window so that I wouldn't give him eye contact or have him say, "Why you looking at me funny?!" But the man begins to tap on my shoulder and says, "Can you scoot over?!" I'm all the way in my seat, and he's pushing me more to the edge of the window. I'm thinking, "Lord, don't let him have a knife."

But there have been experiences where I've witnessed an argument with a handicapped White Vietnam Veteran and a Black Vietnam Veteran where the Black Vet tells the White Vet to "suck it, you White pig!"

There was even another experience where there was a fight in the back of the bus between two rival high schools, and the bus driver pulls over and ends up joining in on the fight as well.

So I'd say I've seen a few almost life-changing experiences.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    call me when you see EBM or Amber Lamps.

• call me when you see EBM or Amber Lamps.

Who's Amber Lamps?!

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    oookay

haha whatever guys - to each his own - im definitely feeling this shit for what it is - and so are heads around me - ypu can say what you want but ill say his music and skills are way more advanced than mine.

this kid has dropped a few albums - he'll probably do a little tour

make some cash off this release, probably go to europe -

see the world & live off his music and most likely move on to bigger and better things -

a 22 year old kid[/b], and yes he used to write graffiti -

and... apparently dude is getting more than a few good reviews - in several languages.

seems like everyone has at least heard of him because of his goofy name and antics.

He's doing something right. I get a feeling he'll have more than a few good memories when he looks back a few years from now -

and meanwhile, what will certain naysayers be up to? ....bitching on soulstrut.

Shit is dope - who gives a fuck about the usual sour cunt soulstrut response from asshurt waldorf and stetler messageboard lifers. Lets see their double lp instrumental releases.
    - primo got dissed when he posted on here so what does that tell you

Harvey & Peed on - no doubt - I prefer looking at graffiti to reading endless negative jabs on a messageboard from a few bitter old guys.

Not to say that that cant be fun!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

fav graemlin ever

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Lets see their double lp instrumental releases.

The 9 or so beats the 12 and 13 year old kids in our afterschool program made a couple semesters back were more accomplished than the ones you posted.

Also, a 22 year old is not a kid.

Its nice beat but to call it facemelting is ridiculous.

How long have u been listening to Hip Hop?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    But I heard he was a good guy?!

The 9 or so beats the 12 and 13 year old kids in our afterschool program made a couple semesters back were more accomplished than the ones you posted.

you should get them signed and get paid Harv!

^ you sound asshurt

That old in Hip Hop years