Damu The Fudgemunk - This Is How It Should Sound

Comments

• It's your 9th.

nah, still the 7th in the order of posts, i made 2 more right after.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It was a joke.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I enjoyed reading this thread more than listening to that Damu beat.

In some cases, commenting music (arguing about it, arguably) is more valuable than music itself.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Rey...

opinions are subjective. i think some of the latin you big up isn't very good, but wouldn't bother telling you. why would you care that i don't agree with your opinion about someone else's music?
    You shouldn't bother telling me if you don't like something that I like, or vice versa. I don't care about that. I also don't care that you don't agree with my opinion about someone else's music. I would prefer you not bother telling me. That's something to take up with the artist who made the music in question, or maybe even with the entire genre. That I hold a particular opinion of a given piece of music is an objective fact.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I don't care for you to tell me what you don't care about.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I wish Faux would actually make that tenderberry wine so that I might pair it with some fine artisanal cheeses and really make a day out of this thread.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Hips don't lie and no one is dancing.

• They who are so shook as to only post nine times in four years ? verily thine are the most tender berries of all.

i lost my internet connection during that time, i blame my isp.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    They who are so shook as to only post nine times in four years ? verily thine are the most tender berries of all.

i cannot stop laughing at this. this, and 'tenderberry wine'.

• Wine was made by the Greeks for orgies. And orgies are no fun if no one wants to do with you. SWEET BERRY WINE!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

SoulStrut dudes only ever get their feelings hurt when they identify with the artist--when he, like them, is some sort of aspiring beatmaker. If the fudgemonk's medium of choice was folk music, we wouldn't be getting any of these spittle-flecked declarations that YOUARENOTANARTISTHEISDOINGITBIGHAVEFUNONTHESIDELINESHOWDAREYOUCRITCIZEHIM.

Let me help you out.

I've said three thing in this thread

1 - I got high and enjoyed the hell out of that new joint
    2 - kid is a promising young dude - I dig his shit, fuck the haters
    3 - some of these commenters are kinda like crabs with their steez.

And rest assured all of it was pretty much in cold blood. Not to say I havent been amused though.

Out of curiosity: what do you think the phrase "in cold blood" means?

I'm sure you're a verbal assassin with chilled zinfandel running through your veins, but I'm having a hard time understanding how one delivers such shiny fluff as "He might tour Europe!" and "He's sure to have some great memories!" cold-bloodedly.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    'tenderberry wine'.

ah, Staxwax 2010, a very good year

nice fruity bouquet, however the finish leaves a little to be desired

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    "He's sure to have some great memories!"

That was Cold Blooooodeeeed...

• There lay the fixed threads of the warp subject to but one single, ever returning, unchanging vibration, and that vibration merely enough to admit of the cross-wise interblending of other threads with it's own. This warp seemed necessity; and here, thought I, with my own hand I ply my own shuttle and weave my own destiny into these unalterable threads.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Yeah. That.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    It's the listener's responsibility to demand greatness from music and kick mediocre artists in the teeth. If we settle for anything less than the best, we deserve to be disappointed.

All this time I thought that putting forward an opinion on something published for the masses could be a valid and useful comment on its worth. Now I realise it's just a reflection that my own life is void of meaning or purpose. I will tread more carefully in future until I have achieved all personal goals and also concocted a far more worthy moniker.

Nah dudes. If you spend all your time commenting on music on a popular public website, racking up 10.000 plus posts, thereby aspiring to be some sort of authority on the subject, and walk around thinking you really really know where its at, then diss people who actually make and release music people buy and enjoy, and if, while doing so, you yourself have never made a musical contribution, ie commercially released or performed music, or have achieved any recognition in the real world, whatsoever for doing music yourself- you're kind of a crab. Thats going beyond a listener who comments or puts forward an opinion. You are welcome to do it, obviously. And to the guy giving damu production pointers, tell me what youve dropped or released, or you're soft.
    Stop making bad to mediocre music and there will be nothing to attack or call out. Music should be so undeniably good that there is little to debate; so good that one can only listen in awe. Everything else is future landfill or ballast. What does it matter if someone has released music that nobody still cares about and will never listen to again? If anything, former and current artists are biased in favor of other artists making music (mediocre or otherwise) for the love of it, while listeners are the more objective ones because their only stake in the matter is wanting to hear good music. Musicians are inherently biased in discussions of music. It's like consulting defense contractors on the merits of perpetual war.

And stop asking for constructive criticism from average non-musician Joes. It's the musician's place to make music; it's the listener's place to say whether it sucks, is mediocre, or is great. Listeners can stay out of music creating and musicians can stay out of music commenting. It's the musicians who must refrain from commenting!

SoulStrut dudes only ever get their feelings hurt when they identify with the artist--when he, like them, is some sort of aspiring beatmaker. If the fudgemonk's medium of choice was folk music, we wouldn't be getting any of these spittle-flecked declarations that YOUARENOTANARTISTHEISDOINGITBIGHAVEFUNONTHESIDELINESHOWDAREYOUCRITCIZEHIM.

Yeah and it reminds of this, " Now I was taught, back on my block
    That you don't ride on nobody's jock
    for anything they do, FUCK him and his crew
    Unless, you were gettin paid too! (c) Ice Cube

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

Let me help you out.

I've said three thing in this thread

1 - I got high and enjoyed the hell out of that new joint
    2 - kid is a promising young dude - I dig his shit, fuck the haters
    3 - some of these commenters are kinda like crabs with their steez.

And rest assured all of it was pretty much in cold blood. Not to say I havent been amused though.

Out of curiosity: what do you think the phrase "in cold blood" means?

I'm sure you're a verbal assassin with chilled zinfandel running through your veins, but I'm having a hard time understanding how one delivers such shiny fluff as "He might tour Europe!" and "He's sure to have some great memories!" cold-bloodedly.

Unperturbed and without batting an eyelid.
    And don't forget this one: sour cunt asshurt waldorf and statler messageboard lifers. Awwwwww. Don't tell me you felt a little sting there...

Now plaese to disattach yourself from my nuts, I grow weary...

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Somebody farted in this thread.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts

^^ jocking cube.

You're reaching, kid. fall back.

Or, keep clinging to my dick, your choice.

• leftrightleftright 101 Posts

leftright (fran) - its VERY funny to see you here and even funnier to see that you seem so anti-damu on this forum ... especially considering the NUMEROUS messages we have on file that you sent, praising damu's skills as a producer ("one of the best at it") and BEGGING him to tell you the name of some of the samples he used, and later apologizing for becoming "obsessed" (your words). i wont post that stuff here, as id like to think we're above it. nevertheless, a good day to you sir

redef

just to clarify, i sent only TWO messages asking about ONE sample. if that means numerous then use whatever words you think makes you look better. everything else Damu uses i either don't care about or it's just obvious to recognize

anyway, i had been told that this Damu was a nice guy, so i asked him once if he'd be kind enough to share the name of the record i was looking for. yes, i did become obsessed with trying to find this record because i was on the hunt for it for a long time before on my own and wasn't getting far. also, i am an obsessive music collector and the main reason why i was frantically looking for this was due to the fact that i had an unknown medical illness at the time and the doctor's told me i would be losing my hearing. music means the world to me and i was absolutely scared of never being able to listen to it again

so i never heard back from anyone after that until i saw that Mr. Fudgemonk tried to belittle me on his blog. saying how dare people ask him the names of records and it's making the scene look nerdy or something and i was doing it so i could brag about it to people online. i had no intentions on doing anything like that and by my 14 posts here i am in no way looking for any internet fame. i honestly just liked the original song he used because it sounded like the type of stuff i listen to and collect. i wasn't looking to flip it better of bite off of him which i think he felt most threatened by

the SECOND and only other message i sent him was an apology because i didn't know how much it affected him that one music enthusiast asked about a song he used. i told him my story and thanked him for all the great music i found along the way by him not telling me

i probably did say he was good at what he did because i thought it would be polite and the right thing to say. he's ok at what he does but everyone else has pointed out why he isn't very impressive in this thread already

and i probably wouldn't be so anti-Damu if somebody would've just respectfully replied back to me in the first place. communication is where it's at right?

and apologies all around to those whose time i wasted by reading this lame post

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

just to clarify, i sent only TWO messages asking about ONE sample. if that means numerous then use whatever words you think makes you look better. everything else Damu uses i either don't care about or it's just obvious to recognize

anyway, i had been told that this Damu was a nice guy, so i asked him once if he'd be kind enough to share the name of the record i was looking for. yes, i did become obsessed with trying to find this record because i was on the hunt for it for a long time before on my own and wasn't getting far. also, i am an obsessive music collector and the main reason why i was frantically looking for this was due to the fact that i had an unknown medical illness at the time and the doctor's told me i would be losing my hearing. music means the world to me and i was absolutely scared of never being able to listen to it again

so i never heard back from anyone after that until i saw that Mr. Fudgemonk tried to belittle me on his blog. saying how dare people ask him the names of records and it's making the scene look nerdy or something and i was doing it so i could brag about it to people online. i had no intentions on doing anything like that and by my 14 posts here i am in no way looking for any internet fame. i honestly just liked the original song he used because it sounded like the type of stuff i listen to and collect. i wasn't looking to flip it better of bite off of him which i think he felt most threatened by

the SECOND and only other message i sent him was an apology because i didn't know how much it affected him that one music enthusiast asked about a song he used. i told him my story and thanked him for all the great music i found along the way by him not telling me

i probably did say he was good at what he did because i thought it would be polite and the right thing to say. he's ok at what he does but everyone else has pointed out why he isn't very impressive in this thread already

and i probably wouldn't be so anti-Damu if somebody would've just respectfully replied back to me in the first place. communication is where it's at right?

and apologies all around to those whose time i wasted by reading this lame post

whoa dude.

i am an obsessive music collector and the main reason why i was frantically looking for this was due to the fact that i had an unknown medical illness at the time and the doctor's told me i would be losing my hearing. music means the world to me and i was absolutely scared of never being able to listen to it again
    This reads like one of those Nigerian scam letters.

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    round 2, fight

• leftrightleftright 101 Posts
    no scam. no fights

it was really a bad time in my life when all this happened and i'm sorry if i ruined Mr. Fudgemunks career in any way

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts

^^ jocking cube.

You're reaching, kid. fall back.

Naw playboy you the one riding shotgun real hard....RLMAO

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Mr. Fudgemonk tried to belittle me on his blog

location up for grabs..

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Man, you're setting yourself up for some serious ridicule.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    I dont think ive seen a thread w/ so many single/double digits posters ever.

Except for the Heatrox joint.

• Man, you're setting yourself up for some serious ridicule.

Take it from me, something ridiculous your way comes.