Relationship Strut

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• his own mistake involves posting a picture of a woman who has not given her OK.

which, thanks to his supposed lack of computer skills didnt happen.

whatever.

This guy is an alias.

the language is a giveaway.

a writer from DC?

no, an alias for sure.

i like the name though.

Alias I am not.

My language is no giveaway. It's not even mine to begin with. I had to learn it before I could use it.

A writer I most definitely am. But a student I am first. And yes, I'm from DC. What?! People can't write in DC?!

Well, I can't convince you all.

And thanks. I owe it to my mother for naming me after my grandfather.

• I don't relate to this generation at all. Too much internet and worrying about what's in other peoples heads and not enough living life, doing for self and real life socializing and experience connecting with people. I feel sorry for you. I miss when everyone had a landline and your only chance to meet a girl you saw out was to approach her and talk with her at that exact moment.

-Sincerely, Old Guy Frank[/b]

• Options
    Zeon: Does it rhyme with "Leon", or "Lay on"?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    his own mistake involves posting a picture of a woman who has not given her OK.

whatever.

This guy is an alias.

a writer from DC?

no, an alias for sure.

i like the name though.

Alias I am not.

My language is no giveaway. It's not even mine to begin with. I had to learn it before I could use it.

A writer I most definitely am. But a student I am first. And yes, I'm from DC. What?! People can't write in DC?!

seriously though, what is your first language?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    I don't relate to this generation at all. Too much internet and worrying about what's in other peoples heads and not enough living life, doing for self and real life socializing and experience connecting with people. I feel sorry for you. I miss when everyone had a landline and your only chance to meet a girl you saw out was to approach her and talk with her at that exact moment.

-Sincerely, Old Guy

No wonder this generation sorely lacks social savvy (and game, for that matter). Charisma and wit (with good looks as well, if you possess them) can be great resources in life and love.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Hilarious thread! Love it! And can you guys please stop diminishing yourself when it comes to "Soulstrut Relationship Advice"? After all, there is some truth to what the Strut is saying. Saying.....

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    Zeon,

As easy as it is to say, it's tough to just "move on" from someone you're seriously crushing on. If you've got the balls, give her a kiss on the cheek when the moment's right. If she responds, then good for you. If she backs off, just say, "You look so nice, I couldn't help it, but sorry if I made you uncomfortable." Leave it at that. She can't be too mad at a tiny kiss. This litmus test will let you know where you stand in terms of potentially dating/bedding her. If it doesn't work in your favor, you'll be able to move on with a clear conscious knowing that you at least made a move.

You're 22 and in DC. Hit up Georgetown or Dupont at night with a few friends and meet some new people. Your lady friend will probably stay at home to wash her hair anyway. DC's got a ton of interns floating around who are probably nerdy enough to appreciate your poetry and the name Zeon (which, as Gary said, should be getting you ass already). I had my 22nd birthday last summer in DC. There are a lot of good looking and horny young folk in that city. Get out there.

Plus, you have over 900 Facebook friends. That?s twice as many as I have. Use your resources and find someone new if this girl doesn?t work out.

• Zeon,

As easy as it is to say, it's tough to just "move on" from someone you're seriously crushing on. If you've got the balls, give her a kiss on the cheek when the moment's right. If she responds, then good for you. If she backs off, just say, "You look so nice, I couldn't help it, but sorry if I made you uncomfortable." Leave it at that. She can't be too mad at a tiny kiss. This litmus test will let you know where you stand in terms of potentially dating/bedding her. If it doesn't work in your favor, you'll be able to move on with a clear conscious knowing that you at least made a move.

You're 22 and in DC. Hit up Georgetown or Dupont at night with a few friends and meet some new people. Your lady friend will probably stay at home to wash her hair anyway. DC's got a ton of interns floating around who are probably nerdy enough to appreciate your poetry and the name Zeon (which, as Gary said, should be getting you ass already). I had my 22nd birthday last summer in DC. There are a lot of good looking and horny young folk in that city. Get out there.

Plus, you have over 900 Facebook friends. That?s twice as many as I have. Use your resources and find someone new if this girl doesn?t work out.

Thanks man. Thaks to you all, in some form or another, for taking my situation and making me look at it like the ongoing comedy that it is. With me doing summer school and practicing for the Praxis exam, my summer will begin in July. And with Screen on the Green and festivals and other sorts of things happening for free ninety-nine in the District, I'm sure I'm bound to meet some interesting people who might grab my attention.

And honestly. Most of those friends are pepole that I just had a class or two with. Out of those 900, I'd say a good 100 or so are people that I've known since high school, another 20 or so from my church, and maybe a good 20 or 30 that I even care about. The rest are just a collection of names like my baseball cards.

• his own mistake involves posting a picture of a woman who has not given her OK.

whatever.

This guy is an alias.

a writer from DC?

no, an alias for sure.

i like the name though.

Alias I am not.

seriously though, what is your first language?

English is my first language. And no, Yoda didn't teach me.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    yo for real man...you got a million facebook friends...if even 1% of them are real, you almost got ten people you can hang out with. And you go to Hampton!? homie, you should be setting all of us up with girls!

Thanks wo[/b]man. Thaks to you all, in some form or another, for taking my situation and making me look at it like the ongoing comedy that it is.

yo for real man...you got a million facebook friends...if even 1% of them are real, you almost got ten people you can hang out with. And you go to Hampton!? homie, you should be setting all of us up with girls!

I believe it's Howard Univ. And yeah, 900 Facebook friends is a lot, even if you weed out the people you don't really know. Obviously, people like you enough to see their personal drunken party photos.

oops meant howard...
    i'm working off very little sleep and looking at another sleepless night of academic madness. two year old incomplete related.oof.

almond, you ever end up taking the GREs?

Yup, last February. Currently in grad school for econ. Good memory.

Seriously, you remembered that from over a year ago.

flattering, right?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    almond really?
    i think this thread was sinking for a reason. after 15 pages theres more to say to this kid?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    almond really?
    i think this thread was sinking for a reason. after 15 pages theres more to say to this kid?

You still have not responded to my grundle comment, Jay. Or are you saving that for the JP rekkid swap?

Also, I'm just assuming you're going to be there, 'cause that's what the cool kids are doing that day.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Zeon,

WOW! LMHO
    I had to read that twice.

This isn't a movie!

This gal sounds like she's pretty chill and can roll with the punches, but I would not recommend "tiny kisses" and " I couldn't help it" as a way of seeing if girls like you or not, especially those who have not responded to romantic hints.

Almond - we live in different universes!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Oh man, I skipped most of this thread due to its seemingly pedestrian stroll down the sidewalk of love, but this is comedy.

Bring out the big guns, throw your best effort at the situation and, if need be, move on after that. I spent only a few days in D.C. earlier this year and if I am not mistaken the "ratio" is very, very favorable to enterprising young men, especially those that aren't a.) dirty hipster types or b.) dirty lobbyist types. Ladies there have those searching eyes -- buy them a cup of coffee.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    You still have not responded to my grundle comment, Jay. Or are you saving that for the JP rekkid swap?

Also, I'm just assuming you're going to be there, 'cause that's what the cool kids are doing that day.

haha! i chose to ignore that. grundle humor is where i draw the thin line!

ahhh the yearly JP Swap that i miss every year. its realllly tough cuz i work saturday nights. dont get home to sleep till 4am. and now i live even farther from the Bean. thats not a definite no, but its gonna take some effort!
    *excuses excuses*
    i really do wanna be there. miss my boston strutters!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    If you've got the balls, give her a kiss on the cheek when the moment's right. If she responds, then good for you. If she backs off, just say, "You look so nice, I couldn't help it, but sorry if I made you uncomfortable." Leave it at that. She can't be too mad at a tiny kiss. This litmus test will let you know where you stand in terms of potentially dating/bedding her. If it doesn't work in your favor, you'll be able to move on with a clear conscious knowing that you at least made a move.

I'm sorry, but this is a super-creepy move.

She has already made it clear that she is not interested.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Ask her if she'd like to watch you have sex with someone else. She can secretly hang in the closet if need be. That would be less creepy than that kiss on the cheek advice...forget that.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    If you've got the balls, give her a kiss on the cheek when the moment's right. If she responds, then good for you. If she backs off, just say, "You look so nice, I couldn't help it, but sorry if I made you uncomfortable." Leave it at that. She can't be too mad at a tiny kiss. This litmus test will let you know where you stand in terms of potentially dating/bedding her. If it doesn't work in your favor, you'll be able to move on with a clear conscious knowing that you at least made a move.

I'm sorry, but this is a super-creepy move.

She has already made it clear that she is not interested.

indeed, this has nothing to do with having balls. it would only make things incredibly awkward from her perspective and chances it would drive her away quickly.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Im need that H.E.R.M. Jpeg in the Duckie Costume ASAP.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Tiny Kisses

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

indeed, this has nothing to do with having balls. it would only make things incredibly awkward from her perspective and chances it would drive her away quickly.[/b]

That might be exactly what needs to happen though. A dude having a close friendship with a woman is hella cool, but not when dude is in love with her and it's keeping him from being more dude.

And we see you, each of Bassie, Faux, and Edith, trying to undermine the real deal here.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Tiny Kisses

I believe The-Dream has a song about this

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

And we see you, each of Bassie, Faux, and Edith, trying to undermine the real deal here.