F**k Arizona!

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Oliver - I asked, because that is normally a libertarian rallying cry against "big government" and "new world order" and such

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Oliver - I asked, because that is normally a libertarian rallying cry against "big government" and "new world order" and such

Yeah, I know. I wasn't being sarcastic or anything.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    let's be even more clear. it's not just that you have to produce proof of your citizenship (which creates a reverse onus) but that the police are empowered and indeed directed to stop and question those who they suspect may be illegal.

anyone who can't see this is wrong, wrong, wrong is blind.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Are YOU in favor of a national ID card?

Sounds like he is.

In order to work legally you need a SS card.

In order to drive legally you need a DL.

In order to vote legally you need to prove you are a legal citizen.

If for some reason I don't have any of the above and I'm required to carry yet another card to prove I'm legally a citizen, I don't see much difference in doing so.

let's be even more clear. it's not just that you have to produce proof of your citizenship (which creates a reverse onus) but that the police are empowered and indeed directed to stop and question those who they suspect may be illegal.

anyone who can't see this is wrong, wrong, wrong is blind.

This is the "profiling" part that I have repeatedly said is wrong.

That doesn't make the law itself, or the enforcement of legal immigration wrong.

I don't believe that the cops are directed to stop and question anyone that they suspect is illegal - they are supposed to question someone's legality if they are stopped or questioned for some other (supposedly unrelated) issue.

But in the real world how this will be administered is like "Driving While Black" - look for some reason, any reason to stop someone and take it from there.

They are going to fuck around and jack up a foreign dignitary or some shit.

Sounds like he is.

If for some reason I don't have any of the above and I'm required to carry yet another card to prove I'm legally a citizen, I don't see much difference in doing so.

what happens when you pop across the street to grab something from the store and you forget your national id card at home?

Yeah dude, you can tell by my years of posting here that I'm a big New World Order conspiracist. smh

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    Johnny, logical arguments don't work here.

I'm saying:
    1) bigot
    2) drawing assumptions on misinformation

ex boyfriend, by nature o reading this thread, has excluded himself from the category.

Roc, I can buy you ten ca drivers liacences at $40 a piece if you want in McArthur park. Say the word my dude, Ill hook you up.

Sounds like he is.

what happens when you pop across the street to grab something from the store and you forget your national id card at home?

What happens if you drive down the street and leave your DL at home??

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I don't believe that the cops are directed to stop and question anyone that they suspect is illegal - they are supposed to question someone's legality if they are stopped or questioned for some other (supposedly unrelated) issue.

But in the real world how this will be administered is like "Driving While Black" - look for some reason, any reason to stop someone and take it from there.

I think the part of the bill that I posted earlier does in fact direct cops to stop and question anyone that they suspect is illegal.

Johnny, logical arguments don't work here.

I'm saying:
    1) bigot
    2) drawing assumptions on misinformation

ex boyfriend, by nature o reading this thread, has excluded himself from the category.

Roc, I can buy you ten ca drivers liacences at $40 a piece if you want in McArthur park. Say the word my dude, Ill hook you up.

Great....I can buy you all the ILLEGAL SS cards you want too.

But when a cop runs that MacArthur Park DL...we're both going to jail.

Sounds like he is.

nothing at all. Now if he was immigranty lookin' on the other hand

Sounds like he is.

nothing at all. Now if he was immigranty lookin' on the other hand

I already proved to you that I will be pulled in for a variety of offences...this isn't speculation, this is fact.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    totally plausible scenario....naturalized/or natural born hispanic citizen is doing some work on his house, realizes he needs more wood screws...wife drives him to Home Depot because she has to pick something else up from somewhere else, so she drops him off at Home Depot and she goes and runs her errand, dude is in work clothes, forgets his wallet, wifey gives him a few bucks for the wood screws...so the guy is out front of Home Depot waiting for his wife...hispanic, in work clothes, no ID...he hasnt done ANYTHING illegal...cop sees this scenario, interprets as "illegal looking for work" and asks for ID/proof of citizenship, dude doesnt have any, dude is detained...so is this considered an "acceptable risk", detaining people not doing anything wrong at all, in hopes of catching an illegal? Why should dude working on his house suffer for the simple fact he has brown skin? White dude in the same scenario would not be questioned and left alone....how is this law not immoral?

Roc you don't get it.

Me and you and my family and your family live in two different Americas. You are innocent until proven guilty. My little brown children will grow up suspicious.

I have to deal with that. I am going to have to teach ten to undersand bias and hatred against them for being ethnic. What exactly are you arguing my dude?

Your fake dl "oh it mat be a mistake with the DMV, get her fixed partner"

my fake dl "GET THW FUCK DOWN NOW HANDS UP!"

when I was four I rememer my dad getting pulle over and harrased for driving his beloved vintage Mercedes "Missy". I remember what the air smelled like, I remember the sound of the birds in the air that I focused on to distract me from hearing the stuff they were saying to him. Maybe I'm edgy as an adult because of thing like that, maybe I'm taking this law too seriously.

I do know this: if white America is scared of gangs and crime and immigrants not loving America now, just wait until all the ethnic four and six year olds living through these discussions grow up.

Sounds like he is.

What happens if you drive down the street and leave your DL at home??

driving is a privilege not a right. the freedom to walk down the street peacefully without being harassed and interrogated by cops is one of the most basic rights or liberties that could exist and i'm frankly a little suprised you'd be on board for that...

• sergserg 682 Posts
    Not true. The most common form of legal ID = a drivers license. Most acceptable forms of ID do not show citizenship.

I was under the impression that you had to be a citizen to get a driver's license?

I know it's true in California, Texas and Arizona.

Not a citizen but you're supposed to provide some kind of documentation that you have legal status to be in the U.S.

That's according to CA law and I assume it's the same elsewhere. No state would deny a driver's license to a legal alien.

If this is true than a DL is proof of citizenship......Yes?

It is not, a CA DL just proves that you had proof at one time. I had one issued via a temporary work permit. But it's only as good for the length of the work permit or permanent residency card. If like me you are between cards because Homeland Security is taking longer to renew your temporary work permit you are in a questionable limbo without proof.

In Arizona DL's are issued to expire when you turn 60. you could come here on a visa, get one with falsified documents whatever.

It's not enough proof, that's why when I get a job I have to show them my DL, SSN card, and permanent residency card.

My parents are naturalized citizens but if my mother is questioned she now has to produce proof of citizenship that she is not required to carry. I am suppose to carry my proof of residency at all times. This law puts latino american citizens into a 2nd class citizen role of constantly having to prove themselves as americans. Under this SB1070 the color of your skin determines who has the burden of proof and that's fucked.

Roc you don't get it.

Me and you and my family and your family live in two different Americas. You are innocent until proven guilty. My little brown children will grow up suspicious.

I have to deal with that. I am going to have to teach ten to undersand bias and hatred against them for being ethnic. What exactly are you arguing my dude?

Your fake dl "oh it mat be a mistake with the DMV, get her fixed partner"

my fake dl "GET THW FUCK DOWN NOW HANDS UP!"

I'll admit I can't understand your life....it's amazing though that you can understand mine.

How many stories do I have to tell about being pulled over, questioned and brought to the station by police before YOU realize that it's not White = Good, Brown = Bad??

Wanna hear about the time a cop asked me why I was out so late(9:00PM) a block from my house and when I made the freudian slip that I was out getting a "pack of rolling....oops" instead of a "Roll Of Packing Tape" my car was torn apart and I was detained......or the time a cop asked me if I had ever been to Prison and when I said no he said "Never? and basically called me a liar"?? Or the time I was pulled over because I fit the description of a murder suspect and the cops followed me home to stake me out......big friggin Waaaambulance. eh.

Yeah dude, I understand life....I understand that bad shit happens.

I also understand that if you obey the law, nothing happens to you 99.9% of the time.

EVERYONE has to show proof of Insurance to drive....I have no problem with that.

Why would anyone have a problem with showing ANY form of ID??

You realize even I can see the probable cause in all the stories you keep listing right?

Get off your horse fam. We are talking about 4th and 14th ammendment fundamental violations. Stop arguing for the law.

People getting pulled over to show thier "papers" because they look Latino.

It's not complicated my dude.

And if you don't think it's white=good, brown equals bad I'm wondering what reality you live in.
    Daily reminders everywhere. Please rewatch elected official duncans video I posted if youdon believ me. Listen for the applaus.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    We weren't put on this Earth to follow rules. Don't pull me over for shit and quit coming up with extra reasons to hassle my black and brown folks. There are no such things as borders, nor ownership for that matter. Leave it all be and trust in the chaos already.

People getting pulled over to show thier "papers" because they look Latino.

It's not complicated my dude.

What part of "I'm against profiling" do you not understand.

We need viable immigration laws.

I'll leave it at that.

B. FOR ANY LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY

21 OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS
    22 STATE WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS
    23 UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE,
    24 WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON. THE
    25 PERSON'S IMMIGRATION STATUS SHALL BE VERIFIED WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
    26 PURSUANT TO 8 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 1373(c).

Fuck an immigration law...and if there really needs to be one, it needs to be written by Native Americans, many of which are now classified as Latino.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Harvey's right y'all

lets all move back to Caucasia & shit

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Q: How many mexicans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: Who cares? Rockadelic has screwed in lightbulbs too, you know.

If you can't get along with the natives, or even moreso if you downright openly hate the natives, then yes...move back to wherever the bumfuck you came from...even if that was 200 years ago.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    you are truly an exceptional white man 'shied

not like the other whites at all

[/eyeroll]