F**k Arizona!

Comments

• Options
    Lock up a few thousand rich white people who are employing illegals and see what happens.

Oh, wait, that will never happen.

So it's just Beat Up On Mescans as usual for the usual crowd.

It's gettin' older and older.

• Let me make sure I understand this correctly:

I live in Arizona.

I have a family owned, HISPANIC owned business.

Are the views on this board that you are supposed to boycott me because my business happens to be in AZ?

I'm 100% against the bill, but come on now....I can understand trying to boycott the state, but to economically disadvantage small businesses here are beyond ridiculous. To say you won't play a show in AZ for money is semi-ridiculous. I MIGHT understand not wanting to do a corporate gig, but what if some hiphop weekly wanted to book you? Would you tell them no? I can pretty much guarantee that 99.9% of the people in that crowd would not be in support of 1070.

Killing the big fat cat is one thing. Sticking it to the little dude trying to make a living is another.

You're naive if you think that the boycotts are about anything other than moral flossing.

Ironically large scale boycotts mights actually help Arizona in reducing the number of illegals in the state. It would be at the margins where the force of boycotts would be felt most keenly which is exactly where most illegals are. A lot would probably try their luck back home or in other states.

By the way, how about the boycotters using that money they dont spend on products made in Arizona and use it to help relocate illegals to their more civilized and urbane states of residence? those illegals would undoubtedly be happier no longer having to run the gauntlet of Arizona's racist police and its slackjawed, hillbilly populace.

• Lock up a few thousand rich white people who are employing illegals and see what happens.

Oh, wait, that will never happen.

So it's just Beat Up On Mescans as usual for the usual crowd.

It's gettin' older and older.

Arizona toughened up the laws on hiring illegals a few years ago and have by far the biggest penalties for hiring illegals in the whole country. This is the kind of thing you'd know if you actually cared rather than just pretended to when it's fashionable to do so.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    a friend of mines from AZ just got back from monterrey, nl doing a lil job out there. he couldnt wait to floss this rola in my face!

he also puts it down for AZ toward the end of this article. of course, you gotta be able to read a the regio.

http://impreso.milenio.com/node/8760007

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    fair and balanced:

LA is coming off looking like a bunch of uppity fucks. were in the middle of a $500million deficit that is just constantly being bungled and they decide to waste more money to vote on some grandstanding bullshit against arizona. i mean, its not that i dont agree, its just that they dont have the time or money to fuck around with a stupid vote that really does nothing but piss of AZ. meanwhile the city is slashing a lot of social services to prop up a police state of our own. goddamn useless hypocrites up in this thing. and then this...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/...ayback-boycott/

in other news, im working on a lil thing on AZ. heres some stills shot on location on the cusp of arizona and mexico.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

This has already been answered...

http://www.ladwpnews.com/go/doc/1475/555479/

"I want to make clear that we support the City position regarding the recent law enacted in Arizona and the resolution adopted by the Los Angeles City Council.

On any given day, we receive 20 ? 25% of our power from two power plants located in Arizona: Navajo, a coal-fired plant, and Palo Verde, a nuclear plant.

We are part owner of both power plants, which are generating assets of the Department.[/b] As such, nothing in the City?s resolution is inconsistent with our continuing to receive power from those LADWP-owned assets.

I might add that, as the City?s Job Czar, I certainly would welcome any conventions or meetings that were going to be held in Arizona to come to Los Angeles. We have fantastic facilities and incomparable weather and we?d welcome them to the City of Angels."

- Austin Beutner, General Manager, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power

This has already been answered...

http://www.ladwpnews.com/go/doc/1475/555479/

what has been answered? you think cuz we own half that shit the lil back and forth thing is over now? do you even know white people?

• i fucked erryone up in this thread. Just admit it.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    i fucked erryone up in this thread. Just admit it.

no you didnt, you just added some erudition to the argument presented by some paranoid racists in AZ. It is still bullshit regardless of how you try to rationalize treating brown people as guilty until proven innocent.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Because its not as much about being ungrammatical as it is about going after people who are heavily accented, aka immigrants. Do you think anyone with a heavy Southern accent is even going to get evaluated?
    And please point out any teacher that is always correct in their usage of grammer, even in higher education. I've read academic papers with such terrible adherence to grammer that it would make you cry.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    It's kind of weird how that Beatles cover has become the soundtrack to this thread.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

the world is going to squeeze your state until it screams uncle.

Uncle will most likely result in the Federal government enforcing immigration laws in Arizona(and elsewhere) that they have ignored in the past.

AP 5/26/10
    President Barack Obama has agreed to send 1,200 National Guard troops to Arizona's border with Mexico.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

View more news videos at: http://www.nbcchicago.com/video.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    it's ironic that mexico's president sent 30,000 troops to ciudad juarez and they do not have it under control

now the states are sending troops

i am writing a masters thesis on gangs and government response and my conclusion is that. No matter how different the setting or situation..the state response is the same and it only exacerbates the problem

mexico and the US need to share more information
    states need to sniff less and sell less weapons back

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Texas governor Rick "With A P" Perry has been asking for Federal troops to help secure our border for years.

One politician noted yesterday that the way to accomplish this is to pass a law similar to Arizona's as that has apparently acheived that goal for Az.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    F.U.C.K. A.R.I.Z.O.N.A.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Because its not as much about being ungrammatical as it is about going after people who are heavily accented, aka immigrants. Do you think anyone with a heavy Southern accent is even going to get evaluated?
    And please point out any teacher that is always correct in their usage of gramma[/b]r, even in higher education. I've read academic papers with such terrible adherence to gramma[/b]r that it would make you cry.

short lil promo video i made for an immigration show im curating...

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    this fox "legal analyst" gives the most disingenuous assessment ever. the comparison to nazi policies against the jews at the end is extremely irresponsible.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuu..........

An Arizona elementary school mural featuring the faces of kids who attend the school has been the subject of constant daytime drive-by racist screaming, from adults, as well as a radio talk-show campaign (by an actual city councilman, who has an AM talk-radio show) to remove the black student's face, and now the school principal has ordered the faces of the Latino and Black students to be changed to Caucasian skin.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/04/arizona-elementary-school-mural_n_601436.html

• Options
    Rockadelic said:

the world is going to squeeze your state until it screams uncle.

Uncle will most likely result in the Federal government enforcing immigration laws in Arizona(and elsewhere) that they have ignored in the past.

AP 5/26/10
    President Barack Obama has agreed to send 1,200 National Guard troops to Arizona's border with Mexico.

Pure window dressing. It will accomplish nothing.

They keep spending more on this bogus "control the border" crap but the illegals still keep on coming because they find jobs here.

They could send 12,000 troops to Arizona and the result would be about the same.

• Options
    day said:

An Arizona elementary school mural featuring the faces of kids who attend the school has been the subject of constant daytime drive-by racist screaming, from adults, as well as a radio talk-show campaign (by an actual city councilman, who has an AM talk-radio show) to remove the black student's face, and now the school principal has ordered the faces of the Latino and Black students to be changed to Caucasian skin.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/04/arizona-elementary-school-mural_n_601436.html

But they're not racists. They're just traditionalists who think non-white people should know their place. Their invisible place.

That principal should be ashamed. The kids whose images are being "lightened" to placate racists must be dazed and confused over this. Little kids bearing the brunt of white-hot white hate. It's a bad re-run of bad history.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    PelvicDust said:
    day said:

But they're not racists. They're just traditionalists who think non-white people should know their place. Their invisible place.

That principal should be ashamed. The kids whose images are being "lightened" to placate racists must be dazed and confused over this. Little kids bearing the brunt of white-hot white hate. It's a bad re-run of bad history.

i'm saying.

wow. epic.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    time to call in some reinforcements.

• Options
    Story update - the radio host/councilman/Klansman has been fired by the station and the school is now saying the mural won't be altered in any way. Good outcome after all the attention this story got.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    18 pages.