NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    LBJ TO THE SUNS
    SIKE

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    He should consider signing a short-term deal with the Mavs, Spurs, Suns or Celtics. He'd get his 1st ring and cash in anyway in terms of endorsements.

I dont think anyone coming out in this summer's free agent market is lookin to sign a short term deal.

Tell me that Boston, Phoenix, Dallas, and San Antonio gets a STAR more endorsement dollars than New York.

He already has the endorsement dollars. Getting rings will get him more, no matter where he is.

I don't know why any player would trust the Knicks management to assemble a good team around him.

If LBJ picks the Knicks he's saying he doesn't care if he ever wins a championship.

In addition to the teams I already listed Chicago, Houston, and New Jersey would be better choices than the frigging Knicks. If he really cares about winning.

The Knicks are the Clippers of the East.

The Clippers have 2 Championships and been to the Finals in the 90's?

Knicks Managment is different than Cleveland's management before LeElbow got drafted? He's been w/ Cleveland for how long and they had to resort to Shakatak to try and win?

So he should stay and wait for Danny Ferry to get a 2nd Option and lose in the Playoffs next year?

• Options

I know the Knicks won twice when Al Gore's dad played for them but their fans should probably stop boasting about that at this point. It's kind of pathetic.

And it's 2010. That's a long way from the 90s, unless you're a Knicks fan.

Cuddle with your Clyde and DeBusschere action figures as much as you want but face it, your franchise is a joke in today's world.

I know the Knicks won twice when Al Gore's dad played for them but their fans should probably stop boasting about that at this point. It's kind of pathetic.

And it's 2010. That's a long way from the 90s, unless you're a Knicks fan.

Cuddle with your Clyde and DeBusschere action figures as much as you want but face it, your franchise is a joke in today's world.

No one on SS is a Knick fan - so your barkin up the wrong tree.

Im a native New Yorker and know what's happening w/ their team, but in no way do I as a basketball fan place them on the Clippers level of achievement.

I hatt them as much as the next dude but not because i live in West Bubblefuk and perceive them as some Evil Empire. Pleez to hatt for a logical reason vs. some irrational emotional illusional bullshit.

The Knicks as an option for James Evans isnt just about going to the Knicks, its about playin in NY. Dude can get paid outside of MSG on a much higher rate than smaller cities.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Mike Brown will take the fall. But it's totally Lebron's fault.

• Options
    Im a native New Yorker and know what's happening w/ their team, but in no way do I as a basketball fan place them on the Clippers level of achievement.

I hatt them as much as the next dude but not because i live in West Bubblefuk and perceive them as some Evil Empire. Pleez to hatt for a logical reason vs. some irrational emotional illusional bullshit.

I don't hate the Knicks. I barely think about them.

Right now they're down there with the Clippers in terms of being a shitty franchise. Rings won 40 years ago don't change that. The Knicks owner is a moron on the same level as the Clippers owner.

LBJ has better options. If he signs up with these losers just because they're in a big rich city he deserves what he'll get, which is years of losing. I hope he's smarter than that.

I don't hate the Knicks. I barely think about them.

Right now they're down there with the Clippers in terms of being a shitty franchise. Rings won 40 years ago don't change that. The Knicks owner is a moron on the same level as the Clippers owner.

LBJ has better options. If he signs up with these losers just because they're in a big rich city he deserves what he'll get, which is years of losing. I hope he's smarter than that.

Whats was Cleveland doing before they got him?

• i think Mashburn was saying this earlier, but, the Nets might not be a bad choice for Lebron...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Responding to Edpowers top 6 centers listed. I've never seen Moses Malone and am intrigued but Shaq has made a DAMN good case for being top 5 center of all time.

As for Cavs/Celtics, I guess I should've actually watched a full game in that series before I called anything! Cavs are officially the most disappointing team besides Mavs and Nuggets from this year's playoffs.

And Chris Broussard was saying Lebron might be going to Chicago cuz they got a good nucleus of young talent and it's a good city to market yourself in. But imagine the expectations there....Good thing he's getting a number change...

I'd love to see Lebron team up with a legit sidekick. Then we could start the debating as to whether he's gonna be mentioned among the greats.

I think a lot of dudes forget how he took THIS Cavs team to the Finals...

PG/SG 6 United States Shannon Brown (Michigan State)
    PG/SG 1 United States Daniel Gibson* (Texas)
    PF 90 United States Drew Gooden* (Kansas)
    PG 32 United States Larry Hughes (Saint Louis)
    C 11 Lithuania ?ydrūnas Ilgauskas* (Lithuania)
    SF 23 United States LeBron James* - Captain (St. Vincent-St. Mary HS,
    Akron, OH)
    PG 19 United States Damon Jones (Houston)
    PF/C 27 United States Dwayne Jones (Saint Joseph's)
    SF/PF 24 United States Donyell Marshall (Connecticut)
    SF 14 United States Ira Newble (Miami (OH))
    SF/SG 3 Serbia Sasha Pavlović* (Serbia)
    PF/C 31 United States Scot Pollard (Kansas)
    PG 20 United States Eric Snow - Captain (Michigan State)
    PF/C 17 Brazil Anderson Varej?o (Brazil)
    SG/PG 4 United States David Wesley (Baylor)

I was kinda hating on the greatness of this at the time but in hindsight game 5 against the Pistons in the Conference Finals is great shit. Pistons defense at this time is obviously suspect, but still.

Also I think was one of the many that was severely disillusioned by the Cav's fluidity in offense during the regular season (don't mean schitt). Never considered the fact that Jamario Moon or J.J. Hickson won't be skipping down the court catching alleyoops all day in the playoffs. I think on-court camaraderie and antics kinda masked the fact that they didn't have a reliable half-court offense. Seems the Celtics took full advantage of that.

Although I do think things would have been different if not for Lebron's injury. His post-game interviews remind me of when he got swept by the Spurs in the Finals; kinda matter-of-fact.

Continuing with the rant....

Lebron's situation reminds me a lot of when Kobe was getting eliminated early in the playoffs after Shaq left. He was putting up incredible numbers (league mvp, scoring champ) but him being essentially the point guard AND shooting guard at the same time definitely had its limitations. I can totally see that with Lebron in Cleveland. In summary, he needs a legit sidekick.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Soul Strut is looking just like the sports media in general right now, ie, the Celtics didn't win the series, LeBron lost the series.

Whatever. I just hope the C's can keep up the strong play against Orlando.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Soul Strut is looking just like the sports media in general right now, ie, the Celtics didn't win the series, LeBron lost the series.

please. he put up a triple double last night. nobody in the league could win with that cavs team.

the celtics are a great team. lebron is the best player in the league. kobe has the most heart and is the most clutch.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsaZTjB7glmm_Ck9Ng7PE945nYcB?slug=aw-lebroncalipari051410

This is a good article about all the upcoming Lebron stuff.

Dude, SOI, why trip? The Cs are obviously a good veteran team w/ a great coach. Of course they WON the series. You get to see how good yr team really is now because Orlando is no joke.

I just hope any of the remaining 3 series will be good. The NBA is in a weird place now. Great stars, but the product seems lacking. Outside of the team I root for, it's hard to care about their product.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Outside of the team I root for, it's hard to care about their product.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsaZTjB7glmm_Ck9Ng7PE945nYcB?slug=aw-lebroncalipari051410

Dude, SOI, why trip? The Cs are obviously a good veteran team w/ a great coach. Of course they WON the series. You get to see how good yr team really is now because Orlando is no joke.

I just hope any of the remaining 3 series will be good. The NBA is in a weird place now. Great stars, but the product seems lacking. Outside of the team I root for, it's hard to care about their product.

Hey Gene,

The issue is simple, the league has chosen to reinforce athleticism and image over good fundamental basketball! This is why I find it so hard to watch NBA basketball these days. Watching one guy go one-on-one while his teammates stand to the side, or how players chuck three-pointers at a whim, is hard to stomach. But then again, I chalk it up to the demographics of the league (e.g., family economic background), and by extension, an absence of fathers, unwillingness to be coached, and a skewed "desire for material success to desire to develop one's game ratio" (i.e., going pro [too] early versus attending college to improve one's game). "Get that money" trumps "learn how to be a better basketball player" given the backgrounds that most players come from. It's sad.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
    i was glad Boston was able to close out that series last night, but I have a feeling the Magic series is gonna be even harder for Boston to win

Hey Gene,

The issue is simple, the league has chosen to reinforce athleticism and image over good fundamental basketball! This is why I find it so hard to watch NBA basketball these days. Watching one guy go one-on-one while his teammates stand to the side, or how players chuck three-pointers at a whim, is hard to stomach. But then again, I chalk it up to the demographics of the league (e.g., family economic background), and by extension, an absence of fathers, unwillingness to be coached, and a skewed "desire for material success to desire to development one's game ratio" (i.e., going pro [too] early versus attending college to improve one's game). "Get that money" trumps "learn how to be a better basketball player" given the backgrounds that most players come from. It's sad.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Hey Gene,

The issue is simple, the league has chosen to reinforce athleticism and image over good fundamental basketball! This is why I find it so hard to watch NBA basketball these days. Watching one guy go one-on-one while his teammates stand to the side, or how players chuck three-pointers at a whim, is hard to stomach. But then again, I chalk it up to the demographics of the league (e.g., family economic background), and by extension, an absence of fathers, unwillingness to be coached, and a skewed "desire for material success to desire to development one's game ratio" (i.e., going pro [too] early versus attending college to improve one's game). "Get that money" trumps "learn how to be a better basketball player" given the backgrounds that most players come from. It's sad.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

, Rock!!! If I were a coach, I would require my players to watch that video on the 1st day they report to practice.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I think SOI has a good point -- most of the sports media didn't have the Celtics getting by Wade, Beasley and Jermaine O'Neil, to say nothing of the Cavs.

I still think LeBron's desire to bring a championship to Cleveland will supersede his desire to bring one anywhere else.

However, inserting him into a Bulls squad with Rose and Noah would be very intriguing. Whoever it is Chicago inserts as coach has got to be better than Mike Brown. We have cornered the market on ex-player white guards. I wonder, Does John Stockton want to try his hand as an NBA coach?

Hey SOI,

I have never been on the Lebron James/Cavs bandwagon. I have been consistent in my criticism of his game, how the Cavs utilize him, and their overall "team" concept. As the Celtics showed, the Cavs's approach to basketball is inadequate to win a title and a group of savvy veterans will expose an under-prepared team every time. It's sort of like how me and my old "potnas" used to run the more athletic, higher ability young-bucks off the court because we played good, old-fashioned X's and O's basketball. and game recognize game.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Dudes are acting like there were not serious doubts about the Celtics going into the post-season. Come on now.

I know the reg don't mean shit but to pretend like they are the Hatted Underdogs Of Teh L is kind of revisionist. I don't even think Boston fans were all that confident going into the post-season.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I think you doth protest too much. I agree that the Celtics excellent play - and the best time possible - is getting overshadowed by "where will he go?" talk but hey, that's what's up when you're the *cough cough* Chosen One.

BTW, on that note, call me crazy but while Lebron had a triple-double last night, he also had 9 turnovers, including at key moments of the game. The idea that he was great while everyone him stunk is hella rose-tinted. He had, what? Two great games, two mediocre games (including last night) and one unfathomably bad game. Sure, HE didn't lose the series; most definitely a team effort. But if it was such a foregone conclusion that the Cavs suck, how come everyone had them picked for the Finals? Or at the very least, beating the Celtics?

Speaking of which - the Celtics are scaring the crap out of me right now. Like many, I figured their post season would be as moribund as the second half of their season but now they remind me of what I saw in 08 except with Rondo on some PG-for-the-ages tip. Looking forward to how Orlando tries to defuse them.

Dudes are acting like there were not serious doubts about the Celtics going into the post-season. Come on now.

I know the reg don't mean shit but to pretend like they are the Hatted Underdogs Of Teh L is kind of revisionist. I don't even think Boston fans were all that confident going into the post-season.

Hey Jonny,

Actually, I'm a Sixer fan (oh boy!) so I have no vested interest in 'big-upping' the Celtics or downing the Cavs. I'm merely making observations based on what I have seen on the court. People underestimated the Celtics, in my opinion, because they forget about the ingredients necessary to win a championship. By far, I don't mean to suggest that it's a foregone conclusion that the Celtics will advance to the finals, but instead, to say that they had more of the ingredients necessary to get there than the Cavs. The Cavs have serious problems with their approach to the game, offensively and defensively, that cannot be remedied by Lebron James alone. This will be good fodder for discussion over beers/drinks tonight. Over the years, dudes have failed to listen to me ("The Swami") despite my prediction, years earlier, of the boxing style that would (eventually) beat Mike Tyson. I'm analytical about sports like a mofo!!! . Shane (Mosley) fucked up my prediction a few weeks ago by fighting the wrong fight (i.e., he should've fought more aggressively instead of trying to box with Mayweather).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I think you doth protest too much. I agree that the Celtics excellent play - and the best time possible - is getting overshadowed by "where will he go?" talk but hey, that's what's up when you're the *cough cough* Chosen One.

BTW, on that note, call me crazy but while Lebron had a triple-double last night, he also had 9 turnovers, including at key moments of the game. The idea that he was great while everyone him stunk is hella rose-tinted. He had, what? Two great games, two mediocre games (including last night) and one unfathomably bad game. Sure, HE didn't lose the series; most definitely a team effort. But if it was such a foregone conclusion that the Cavs suck, how come everyone had them picked for the Finals? Or at the very least, beating the Celtics?

Speaking of which - the Celtics are scaring the crap out of me right now. Like many, I figured their post season would be as moribund as the second half of their season but now they remind me of what I saw in 08 except with Rondo on some PG-for-the-ages tip. Looking forward to how Orlando tries to defuse them.

I had the Cavs > Boston from the way they looked in the first round.
    And being that Lebron was in a contract year, I though he would will his team past the Celtics. I also thought that we'd get one Old Shaq appearence.

The Celtics look damn good, but Orlando is NOT the Cavs at all.

A buddy of mine said that he cant put his money on Orlando because thay shoot way too many 3 pointers. He doesnt see 3 pointer-dependant Offense takin it all.

A buddy of mine said that he cant put his money on Orlando because thay shoot way too many 3 pointers. He doesnt see 3 pointer-dependant Offense takin it all.

Ask the Pacers of the late 90s/early 2000s about this. Titles are won in the painted area!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

, Rock!!! If I were a coach, I would require my players to watch that video on the 1st day they report to practice.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Those Knick teams had some amazing individually talented players.....besides the starters they suited up guys like Cazzie Russell, Dave Stallworth, Phil Jackson, Earl Monroe, Jerry Lucas, etc......but the key was teamwork.....you heard Bill Bradley in that clip say they had 5 guys that wanted to take the last shot of the game..... he was being conservative...they had 8-9 guys that wanted that last shot...and were all capable of making it....but they also had very specific, unselfish roles and they played them to the max.

The Spurs of the 00's were very similar.

The modern fan finds this kind of play boring....that's what's sad.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Not many expected Rajon Rondo to be the MVP of the playoffs. More power to that skinny dude...although I still don't see the Celts getting past Orlando.

Ask the Pacers of the late 90s/early 2000s about this. Titles are won in the painted area!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

They say baseball teams win with what they have up the middle.

Hoops is the same way....PG & C are the two most important positions when it comes to nut cutting time.