NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    After seeing the highlights, LeBron was clearly gassed last night. All of his jumpshots were barely getting to the front of the rim, struggling to catch his breath early, etc.

He will show in Game 6, as he did in Game 4, why he is the Chosen One, and hating-ass "commentators" are not. I expect he will put on a career performance.

I agree. Dude will turn shit up. He aint done.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm curious why he will be less "gassed" as the series goes longer.

• ignastyignasty 163 Posts

Because there are days in between? And LeBron is a professional athlete?

The BEST ever never gets "gassed"!!!

He might as well retire right now! He doesnt need to get a Championship.
    He's already the Best Ever. Fusk a Ring - he's an entertainer and he's paid already. And he's in the Hall Of Fame regardless.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I'd love to see what % of people posting on this board have actually played serious ball.

This is an excellent logic that should be applied to everything on this board.

Non-musicians, please stop talking about recordings.

Non-politicians, please stop talking about politics.

...and so on.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

c'mon son.....gassed ?

Huh? So why did he suck so bad yesterday? It's not like Games 4 & 5 were on back-to-back days.

Also: *cough cough*

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

He's already the Best Ever. Fusk a Ring - he's an entertainer and he's paid already. And he's in the Hall Of Fame regardless.

Batmon.....I know you know the history.....those 60's Knick, Celtic and Laker TEAMS....the 80's Bulls....all the great TEAMS.....all of them had 3rd, 4th and sometimes even 5th options.....they all had a 6th and 7th man that would have started on most other squads......you know even MJ needed top talent around him to win.

So when did the NBA turn into a one man team league?

Why would anyone expect one dude to be able to carry a mediocre team to the Finals?

And seriously, who thinks that the Cavs are anything more than a mediocre team?

You'll remember I said AJ would not help them....that he was over rated...and I think he's proven that.

I'm a big Shaq fan but the dude is done....he might as well be Michael Finley at this point.

Mo Williams would have been the 8th man on the '69 Knicks.

And you know this.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

I'd love to see what % of people posting on this board have actually played serious ball.

This is an excellent logic that should be applied to everything on this board.

Non-musicians, please stop talking about recordings.

Non-politicians, please stop talking about politics.

...and so on.

I never said you can't comment on basketball unless you are a player...but if you haven't played competitively, imo, that is a factor in whether you can evaluate talent. It's like a non-dj listening to two dudes scratching and then giving an opinion on who is better.

If you can't look at Jordan, Lebron & Kobe and see that there are plenty of areas where Kobe & Lebron are superior, then it leads me to believe that you just can't evaluate basketball talent.

Batmon.....I know you know the history.....those 60's Knick, Celtic and Laker TEAMS....the 80's Bulls....all the great TEAMS.....all of them had 3rd, 4th and sometimes even 5th options.....they all had a 6th and 7th man that would have started on most other squads......you know even MJ needed top talent around him to win.

So when did the NBA turn into a one man team league?

Why would anyone expect one dude to be able to carry a mediocre team to the Finals?

And seriously, who thinks that the Cavs are anything more than a mediocre team?

You'll remember I said AJ would not help them....that he was over rated...and I think he's proven that.

I'm a big Shaq fan but the dude is done....he might as well be Michael Finley at this point.

Mo Williams would have been the 8th man on the '69 Knicks.

And you know this.

I agree.

The Cavs are an above average team that killed shit during the REGULAR season.

Stack pretty much shut this down earlier. He/They need a true second option or someone on that team is gonna have to emerge for this series.

But you know FANS eat up the SOLO and friends Illusion that the NBA has promoted for a minute. That A.I. team that went to the Finals didnt have a chance.

Im sick of the hype.

...but if you haven't played competitively, imo, that is a factor in whether you can evaluate talent. It's like a non-dj listening to two dudes scratching and then giving an opinion on who is better.

Totally disagree with this although I did play somewhat competitively.

One of the most knowledgeable hoops dudes I know is in a wheelchair and never played the game.

Believe it or not, one of the foremost amateur basketball scouts in the world was a guy named Al Lewis.....you may know him as Grandpa Munster!!!

Some great coaches have never played.

I'll agree that as a player you may be able to understand and better visualize how hard and/or amazing some things are to do.....but understanding the game, not so much.

I've met talented players who had a near zero "Basketball IQ".

Rings separate you from the pack. Simple.

There are Greats w/ rings and Greats w/out rings.

The best SHOULD have a RING - In my book. Maybe not in yours.

U got Lebron over Bill Russell?

You are not old enough to have seen Bill Russell play (aside from highlight replays) but you obviously know that the talent in today's nba is far superior. The NBA was mostly Jewish less than 10 years before Russell started his career...that should tell you something. Putting a Garnett or a Durant in the Russell era NBA would erase Russell's numbers from the record books. He was 6' 9" - in today's NBA they'd have him chasing Lebron or at best, a small forward.

The rings argument is slightly better but it's just one factor in the equation. Stockton is arguably the best playmaker to ever play, yet he never won a ring...the ultimate team player. Nash too. Lebron's knock is that he is selfish but there's really nobody else to pass to. He just can't win a championship with this team in 2010 - the nba is too good. Boston has 3 future hof's and can't repeat.

In 2010 Bill Russell would be a slightly shorter(his wingspan was 7'+), more agressive/better version of Tim Duncan......and he would have rings just like Timmy does.

And I did watch him play.

Rings separate you from the pack. Simple.

There are Greats w/ rings and Greats w/out rings.

The best SHOULD have a RING - In my book. Maybe not in yours.

U got Lebron over Bill Russell?

You are not old enough to have seen Bill Russell play (aside from highlight replays) but you obviously know that the talent in today's nba is far superior. The NBA was mostly Jewish less than 10 years before Russell started his career...that should tell you something. Putting a Garnett or a Durant in the Russell era NBA would erase Russell's numbers from the record books. He was 6' 9" - in today's NBA they'd have him chasing Lebron or at best, a small forward.

The rings argument is slightly better but it's just one factor in the equation. Stockton is arguably the best playmaker to ever play, yet he never won a ring...the ultimate team player. Nash too. Lebron's knock is that he is selfish but there's really nobody else to pass to. He just can't win a championship with this team in 2010 - the nba is too good. Boston has 3 future hof's and can't repeat.

I love it when Kenny Smith cracks on Barkley for not havin a ring.

Sir Charles > Mark Jackson > Kenny Smith

Yes Indeed, but that's his one crink his legacy.

IMO, this is something Kobe would do, but not Lebron. I could be wrong, but the only thing I don't like about Lebron is that all his success has seemingly come much easier than for Jordan and Kobe. Jordan came into the league without a jump-shot, having never seriously weight-trained, and was riding as more of an athletic finisher, than a team-leading do-it-all type player/leader. Kobe sucked his first year and worked his ass off to get better. Lebron's been a beast since he entered the league. He's gotten better...but we haven't seen the rate of improvement like with Kobe/Jordan. In his defense, he reached the top pretty quickly and there might not be that much more room for him to hit peak performance (physically at least). He's got a ways to go before he gets to the mental level of Kobe..and then another few notches to get to Jordan (the best mental performer ever...I will give him that).

Would winning a NCAA chip make up for that??

Would winning a NCAA chip make up for that??

Like Melo?

If were talmbout the NBA - NO.

Overall B-Ball career -

IMO, this is something Kobe would do, but not Lebron. I could be wrong, but the only thing I don't like about Lebron is that all his success has seemingly come much easier than for Jordan and Kobe. Jordan came into the league without a jump-shot, having never seriously weight-trained, and was riding as more of an athletic finisher, than a team-leading do-it-all type player/leader. Kobe sucked his first year and worked his ass off to get better. Lebron's been a beast since he entered the league. He's gotten better...but we haven't seen the rate of improvement like with Kobe/Jordan. In his defense, he reached the top pretty quickly and there might not be that much more room for him to hit peak performance (physically at least). He's got a ways to go before he gets to the mental level of Kobe..and then another few notches to get to Jordan (the best mental performer ever...I will give him that).

The things that MJ and Kobe needed to learn were things like plays, sets, defense, passing, etc......those things have been diminished and written off as "boring" by many fans in the last few years. Changes like the "legal walking" rule has allowed LeBron to just rely on his athleticism and be somewhat lazy compared to those other two guys.......I think it's a bad look......and dude couldn't play for Popovich.

But his athleticism and raw talent is awe inspiring and undeniable.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I really like LeBron's game. I think if he had some better players around him he would be even better because I think he would be a great point forward. Alas, he's still got a talent deficiency on this year's Cavs, plus his coach is a numbnut. I agree with Barkely when he says that they should run a lot more to get easy baskets.

I really like LeBron's game. I think if he had some better players around him he would be even better because I think he would be a great point forward. Alas, he's still got a talent deficiency on this year's Cavs, plus his coach is a numbnut. I agree with Barkely when he says that they should run a lot more to get easy baskets.

All sensible points. I don't think anyone around here is suggesting Lebron isn't an incredible player.

I do question the "he's > than Jordan" argument if only because I don't think he's been in the league long enough to make that comparison. Moreover, Jordan's greatness transcended the court and in that regard, he as "the greatest b-baller ever" is like talking about Ali as the greatest boxer. What's being said isn't simply about what they could accomplish on the court/ring. And hell, I think Jordan's kind of a dick but I also don't think I'll ever see another player like him in my lifetime. Kobe's not going to be "that dude". Maybe Lebron could be but I have to say - Batmon has a point to a certain degree. Lebron could end up like a Barkley or Malone or any other HOFer who never copped a ring. But "greatest ever" with no championships? I don't see how you can sell that. But regardless, it's too early to lay down that kind of pronouncement.

All sensible points. I don't think anyone around here is suggesting Lebron isn't an incredible player.

I do question the "he's > than Jordan" argument if only because I don't think he's been in the league long enough to make that comparison. Moreover, Jordan's greatness transcended the court and in that regard, he as "the greatest b-baller ever" is like talking about Ali as the greatest boxer. What's being said isn't simply about what they could accomplish on the court/ring. And hell, I think Jordan's kind of a dick but I also don't think I'll ever see another player like him in my lifetime. Kobe's not going to be "that dude". Maybe Lebron could be but I have to say - Batmon has a point to a certain degree. Lebron could end up like a Barkley or Malone or any other HOFer who never copped a ring. But "greatest ever" with no championships? I don't see how you can sell that. But regardless, it's too early to lay down that kind of pronouncement.

well put

I think Lebron suffers from the same shit that A.I. went thru. He's crazy nice(too nice) where dudes cant really blend in w/ him cause they developed a system around him vs. a team system that he has to adjust to.
    Mike Brown isnt that dude to sit money down and make his game submerge w/ the coach's bigger vision.
    Jordan gave into the Triangle, after realizing he cant go Solo vs the opposition.
    Even if they get a "better" coach the culture built up in Cleveland is all about Lebron. U'd have strip that shit clean and hope a newer enviorment can lead to more
    success.

Jamison is a damn good player and he just isnt consistantly gettin his game on. Im perplexed why w/ a dude w/ his game he is still isnt considered that Number#2 dude?

I dont wanna label Lebron as selfish, but maybe there is a major flaw to his game that fans fail to see cause of all the spectacular shit money does.

Like I said - check - A.I.

• ignastyignasty 163 Posts
    Y'all sound like Skip Bayless' retarded brother in here talmbout is LeBron the next Malone/Barkley/AI, etc.

NO

NO

NO

USE YOUR OWN COTDAMN EYEBALLS! LBJ is clearly among the most dynamic athletes in the history of the known universe, and already a two-time league MVP. Does his game look anything like Karl mfing Malone's to you???? NO. It looks like Kobe and MJ's, because that's exactly what it IS like: GREATNESS. Is LeBron the next Charles Barkley....seriously GTFOOHWTBS. Is Peyton Manning the next...Vinny Testavarde? Is Albert Pujols the next...Bernie Williams? Seriously guys, try to come up with some more underwhelming comparisons.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    I think Lebron suffers from the same shit that A.I. went thru. He's crazy nice(too nice) where dudes cant really blend in w/ him cause they developed a system around him vs. a team system that he has to adjust to.
    Mike Brown isnt that dude to sit money down and make his game submerge w/ the coach's bigger vision.
    Jordan gave into the Triangle, after realizing he cant go Solo vs the opposition.
    Even if they get a "better" coach the culture built up in Cleveland is all about Lebron. U'd have strip that shit clean and hope a newer enviorment can lead to more
    success.

Jamison is a damn good player and he just isnt consistantly gettin his game on. Im perplexed why w/ a dude w/ his game he is still isnt considered that Number#2 dude?

I dont wanna label Lebron as selfish, but maybe there is a major flaw to his game that fans fail to see cause of all the spectacular shit money does.

Like I said - check - A.I.

Jamison is the second option thing is the don't run a lot of plays for him (sounds crazy)...I see everything you are saying though.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Y'all sound like Skip Bayless' retarded brother in here talmbout is LeBron the next Malone/Barkley/AI, etc.

NO

NO

NO

USE YOUR OWN COTDAMN EYEBALLS! LBJ is clearly among the most dynamic athletes in the history of the known universe, and already a two-time league MVP. Does his game look anything like Karl mfing Malone's to you???? NO. It looks like Kobe and MJ's, because that's exactly what it IS like: GREATNESS. Is LeBron the next Charles Barkley....seriously GTFOOHWTBS. Is Peyton Manning the next...Vinny Testavarde? Is Albert Pujols the next...Bernie Williams? Seriously guys, try to come up with some more underwhelming comparisons.

This is that silly fandom that im talkin about.

STEVE NASH is a 2 Time MVP as well!

Your Dick-Riding is way too deep to make u shake the illusions.

Did i say he was the next? I said if shit dont change, he can enter the 'Great w/out a Ring'Zone.

But you obvious know he's guaranteed a championship, because he's "clearly among the most dynamic athletes in the history of the known universe, and already a two-time league MVP".

Dork was MVP!

Karl Malone and Barkely are Dream Teamers and 2 of the Greatest PFs to play.
    Their numbers and awards are crazy. No Ring though.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    GTFO with this Lebron and Kobe arguably better. Please.

And by the way, I was the starting point guard on my high-school team for 3 years.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I just have to know.....

How many of you said GTFOOHWTBS about Grandpa Munster and Googled that shit???

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    I just have to know.....

How many of you said GTFOOHWTBS about Grandpa Munster and Googled that shit???

I didnt know he was an expert like that. I took ur word for it. Dude legend is larger than the Munsters.