NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I am happy for you mylatency. Years of die-hard support for your team is finally paying off. Dragic for the kill, I like it. Good luck with LA.

Im really surprised dudes are up 3-0.

Now they have to seal the fuskin coffin.

It aint over.

Dragic is the new Manu.

It ain't over? No team has EVER come back to win a series after being down 3-0. It's over.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

It aint over.

Dragic is the new Manu.

It ain't over? No team has EVER come back to win a series after being down 3-0. It's over.

Do u guarantee a sweep?

The Suns began the 2006 Western Conference Playoffs as favorites against the Los Angeles Lakers. After winning Game 1 in Phoenix, they found themselves trailing in the series 3?1 after impressive performances by Laker shooting guard Kobe Bryant. However, the Suns went on to win three straight games. They won Game 5 easily at home. With 7:33 left in the game, Suns guard Raja Bell grabbed Kobe Bryant around the neck and threw him down as the Lakers star drove to the basket. Bell earned a technical foul, his second of the game, and an automatic ejection.
    The Suns took game 6 in OT, their first OT win all season despite 50 points from Bryant and Bell out serving a one-game suspension (for a flagrant foul against Bryant in Game 5) with last second help from mid-season acquisition Tim Thomas. On their home court, the Suns won Game 7 121?90, eliminating the Lakers for the first time since 1993. The Suns became only the eighth team in NBA history to win a playoff series after being behind 3?1.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

It aint over.

Dragic is the new Manu.

*cough* 2004 ALCS *cough*

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I know that you Boston dudes would like the 2004 ALCS to be the answer to every possible question or statement -

"has anyone ever been able to explain crop circles?"

"*cough* 2004 ALCS *cough* "

"fucking magnets, how do they work?"

"2004 ALCS. Magic is everywhere in this bitch."

- but we're talking about basketball. In basketball, no team has ever come back to win a series after being down 3-0.

Sorry Sox fans.

It aint over.

Dragic is the new Manu.

*cough* 2004 ALCS *cough*

This is the NBA thread, I didn't know I had to be so specific.

No NBA TEAM has ever come back after being down 0-3.

It aint over.

Dragic is the new Manu.

Do u guarantee a sweep?

Do you guarantee San Antonio winning 4 in a row?

G: I hear what you're saying but there's always a first time for everything. (Not that I see the Spurs mounting the comeback for the ages though)

It aint over.

Dragic is the new Manu.

Do u guarantee a sweep?

Do you guarantee San Antonio winning 4 in a row?

My meaning of OVER isnt as extreme as yours.

Im in no way on some cocky attitude shit when it comes to defeating the Spurs.

And to talk like its OVER and it goes to 7 games means that it wasnt OVER at 3-0.

If you wanna talk long range.
    If it isnt a sweep, and they have to fight off a Spurs team, while The Lakers are taking Ice Baths is NAGL.

The Suns team isnt the same team from the last 3 years. So EXP aint going on here.
    Young players dont have the EXP to know how kill a muthafucka.

Im for the Suns - I just dont think it healthy to speak in absolutes w/ the Spurs, despite historical stats.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    The Suns began the 2006 Western Conference Playoffs as favorites against the Los Angeles Lakers. After winning Game 1 in Phoenix, they found themselves trailing in the series 3?1 after impressive performances by Laker shooting guard Kobe Bryant. However, the Suns went on to win three straight games. They won Game 5 easily at home. With 7:33 left in the game, Suns guard Raja Bell grabbed Kobe Bryant around the neck and threw him down as the Lakers star drove to the basket. Bell earned a technical foul, his second of the game, and an automatic ejection.
    The Suns took game 6 in OT, their first OT win all season despite 50 points from Bryant and Bell out serving a one-game suspension (for a flagrant foul against Bryant in Game 5) with last second help from mid-season acquisition Tim Thomas. On their home court, the Suns won Game 7 121?90, eliminating the Lakers for the first time since 1993. The Suns became only the eighth team in NBA history to win a playoff series after being behind 3?1.

^^This was one of the most incredible playoff runs to witness, very inspiring to see Tim Thomas, Raja Bell, and the Nash-Amar'e-Marion-LB core play the deadliest SSOL style ever. Today's Suns team owes a debt to Mike D and the Colangelos for believing in Nash and Amar'e, for sure.

Like many have been saying, it ain't over until it's over. Thanks for the nice words GBalliando, I have been a diehard SUNS fan for the past five years.

At times I despised Sarver (and thus Kerr) for the cost cutting moves, and secretly wished D'antoni would develop a bench despite his tight 8 man run'n'gun rotation. I cheered the Shaq move then grew fearful that Nash and Amar'e would both eventually bolt. When Mike D departed, Kerr went with Porter and the players simply revolted (yikes). A blessing in disguise, Bell and Diaw were then traded for Richardon and Dudley (Kerr's best move ever). Luckily Gentry instilled a belief in defense from the start of '09-'10 training camp, and the Suns finally have pieces like Hill, Dragic, JD619, Loooouuuuuuuuuuuuum, and Frye who can all play D and hustle. The Suns are also lucky to have maintained the core of LB, Nash, Amar'e and now Richardson and Hill to round things out.

In some ways, Phoenix is really two different teams: the starters and the bench. Gentry will tweak and blend these two to match up with any look, any team, any system. As much as I loved D'antoni's run'n'gun SSOL years and those powerful STAT dunks, I have a newfound respect for Gentry's gritty, hustling, "defense minded" Suns.

I just hope the Suns keep surging and finally defeat the Spurs on Sunday. If they do beat the Spurs, I hope the amazing training staff works overtime to ensure Lopez will be ready for the Lakers.

GO JAZZ!
    GO SUNS!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Suns/Spurs is over, anyway you wanna slice it up.

So is the Boston/Cleveland series.

U might as well add Orlando/Atlanta and LA/Utah then.

As long as Nash is running the point, they're running and gunning themselves into the ground EVERY post season.

INSIGHTFUL!!!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Good riddance, Spurs.

GO SUNS

Those series are a wrap too.

I forgot how solid Jameer Nelson is. Dude's game is like Chauncey's was with Detroit.

Jamal Crawford is overrated.

As long as Nash is running the point, they're running and gunning themselves into the ground EVERY post season.

INSIGHTFUL!!!

They have for the past 6 or 7 years.

And I don't think this recent trend, whatever the hell that is, will carry them to an NBA championship.

Keep talking about the hottest shit though.

Detroit's never been the same since Big Ben left.

Boston's never been the same since James Posey left.

San Antonio's never been the same since Bruce Bowen left.

That's insight.

Good to see Carter have room to operate and be as focused as he's ever been, but they need to stop it with the "Vintage Vinsanity" crap.

• ^^^

wow, do you even watch basketball?

I forgot how solid Jameer Nelson is. Dude's game is like Chauncey's was with Detroit.

I never was feelin Jameer but u have cheered him for a minute.
    Him being back healthy is a big factor to their success.

I never was feelin Jameer but u have cheered him for a minute.
    Him being back healthy is a big factor to their success.

Orlando is not fuckin' around this season....

Neither is Cleveland.

<b>So is the Boston/Cleveland series.</b>

You sure about that?

So is the Boston/Cleveland series.[/b]

You sure about that?

Yea, i'm sure. I'll take Cavs in 6. or a blowout game 7 in favor of the Cavs.

• Options

So is the Boston/Cleveland series.[/b]

You sure about that?

Yea, i'm sure. I'll take Cavs in 6. or a blowout game 7 in favor of the Cavs.

Someone forgot to mention this "over" thing to Rajon Rondo.

That "Over" shit in the first 3 games is silly frat boy banter bullshit. If it aint a sweep - shut the fusk up.

Predictions - yes. I think so and so will win in 6.

But its "OVER" at 2-1? That's just dumb unsportsmanlike bullshit.

That "Over" shit in the first 3 games is silly frat boy banter bullshit. If it aint a sweep - shut the fusk up.

Funny what people say after the fact.

nash, with one eye

GOOD
    BYE
    SPURS

whoops
    lol at Kerr

did it without Lopez

finally

Funny what people say after the fact.

I said this before the suns won dude.