NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    So, if Cavs lose this series, Lebron's ticket to wherever (not Cleveland) is pretty much punched, no?

If the Cavs lose, I will root for Orlando. Orlando and Phoenix. If both teams lose, I'm not sure I'll even bother watching the rest of the post season. Am I an unworthy fan because of that?

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    If The Cavs win and lose to Orlando - things dont look good.

If they get to the Finals and lose to whomever. I would say its lukewarm.

Winning the whole thang is the best look for both parties.

Mike Brown should get canned. He has too win the whole thang.

I dont wanna see Boston/LA or Cavs/LA. New blood pleez.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Mike Brown should get canned. He has too win the whole thang.

I dont wanna see Boston/LA or Cavs/LA. New blood pleez.

The last time people said this, they got the Spurs era in the Finals.

I dont mind LA/ Orlando or Phoenix/Orlando.

But if i have too see fuzzy 80's clips of Magic and Bird - ill puke.

I dont mind LA/ Orlando or Phoenix/Orlando.

But if i have too see fuzzy 80's clips of Magic and Bird - ill puke.

Cosign. I thought the NBA went way overboard in trying to make Lakers/Celtics '08 seem like '80 instead. I mean, I grew up in the Showcase era so I get the nostalgia but gimme a fucking break after a while.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    I grew up in the Showcase era

Lebron was so bad last night it was easy to forget that he is arguably the best player to ever play the game. Contrary to popular belief, imo, the worse he plays in this series, the more likely he will stay in Cleveland. They treat him like a god and he wants to go out like one.

If Rondo had a jumper he'd be on the level of a Deron Williams. Right now he's great for the Celtics but I'm not sure if he's an all-star on a team that is .500 or below. There's definitely a shortage of good pg's in the league though.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Lebron isn't going anywhere....reason #1 is what KVH said....reason #2 he doesn't have the sack to deal with the expectations of a larger market imo

Ha, Showcase, Showtime, same diff.

Lebron was so bad last night it was easy to forget that he is arguably the best player to ever play the game.

Saying - try reading the Cleveland sports press. They're besides themselves over last night.

I'm trying to remember the last time there was this massive a flop by a "great". What comes (painfully) to mind would be Kobe in Game 7 of the '08 Finals but somehow, this feels even greater.

BTW: what suggests Lebron > Jordan?

Ha, Showcase, Showtime, same diff.

Lebron was so bad last night it was easy to forget that he is arguably the best player to ever play the game.

Saying - try reading the Cleveland sports press. They're besides themselves over last night.

I'm trying to remember the last time there was this massive a flop by a "great". What comes (painfully) to mind would be Kobe in Game 7 of the '08 Finals but somehow, this feels even greater.

BTW: what suggests Lebron > Jordan?

I don't want to derail this thread about the playoffs but I think Lebron and Kobe are both arguably better than Jordan at his prime. There are too many variables to take it out of the superman v. spiderman world, but there is certainly a legitimate debate as to who is better (not better compared to their peers, or more exciting, but just better basketball players, period).

The problem with Lebron last night was that not only did he shoot poorly, but he didn't do much to make his team better AND he didn't look like he was trying to win. I'm a Kobe fanboy but will admit that Lebron was the MVP this year. That being said, Kobe plays hungrier and would not have played like shit while looking like he didn't give a shit. If Kobe scores 15 points, he leaves more on the floor. Lebron seemed to be playing at a 60% intensity level.

Jordan's defense > Lebron/Kobe

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Jordan's team leadership > Kobe > Jackie Moon > Lebron

Jordan's sneakers > Kobe & Lebron

• It's not going to be hard. For LeBron to stay if they lose, Mike Brown has to go and they have to land a notable free agent. Chris Bosh is out there. I doubt that they'd land Wade, but I don't see LeBron going to another market to win a title. Cleveland can WIN a title, but they rely too much on LeBron in order to do it.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    can we not reproduce every thread on ss again
    only KVH thinks KOBE and LeB are better than jordan...hey btw

KEVIN DURANT IS THE FUTURE

Jordan's team leadership > Kobe > Jackie Moon > Lebron

can we not reproduce every thread on ss again
    only KVH thinks KOBE and LeB are better than jordan...hey btw

KEVIN DURANT IS THE FUTURE

Maybe. Dude looked kind of shook in the first round but then again, it was his first year.

• Who cares that he's playing against 3 HOF players with a good supporting cast.

Dude needs to win it all, even with Sideshow Bob, the Moped Gangsta, an over rated AJ and a dude older than Aristotle himself.

If Lebron was any good he'd be making some 4 and 5 point shots.

And if he doesn't win it all....he sucks.

how about he just doesn't get blown out by 30 in game 5 of a tied series on his home court. not the same as not winning it all

and yeah no one was talking about how horribly inept his surrounding cast was, and how amazing the Celtics are a week ago...

the 4 or 5 point comment is just some salty asshole shit, imo

• i could see an argument for Kobe, but, saying LeBron is better than Jordan is just ridiculous....

Where do you guys think Boozer is gonna end up?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

the 4 or 5 point comment is just some salty asshole shit, imo

In case you haven't noticed there is a mentality here that unless you win a ring you ain't shit.(Ironically, coming mostly from guys who root for teams that haven't made the playoffs in years, let alone won anything).

Judging LeBron(or ANY player)on that basis OR based on one 30 point blowout is absurd.

I'm not a big LeBron fan.....just have no reason or desire to root for hime or his team....BUT.....Dude is one of the best in the game today....1st....2nd....3rd....that's up for debate, but to belittle him, or his game, based on his team's performance/record is something a casual fan might do, but not someone who knows a damn thing about hoops.

One team gets to win the chip.....some GREAT players never do.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Jordan's sneakers > Kobe & Lebron

Did you know that MJ retired? or do you think he's gonna make a comeback with the Bobcats?

It's now very apparent as to why Lebron James got MVP.

He damn near has the whole city on his back. And he def doesn't have the insurance of "Pau got me covered while I'm in a slump". Like Big_Stacks says, there's no consistent #2 scoring option. That ain't his fault.

• yeah i agree with you, he is no doubt either #1 or #2. I was just sayin that your whole 'Bostons got three HOF w/supporting cast' and Lebrons just got a team ful of scubs is a little misleading given that NO ONE was sayin that shit a couple of days ago. You just made it sound like he/the Cavs are underdogs and are outmatched by Boston.

I also agree with you about people gettin a little carried away w/a blowout, but, this wasn't the first time they got crushed in this series. I don;t care how many HOFs you're playing, if ur a top teir team, you shouldn't be getting blown out multiple times in the second round. it's worth discussing. Something's wrong with that team, whether its Coach Brown or Lebron or whatever, but no ones saying Lebron "sucks"

Check this Batmon.

Public's expectations of Lebron >>>>> that of Kobe >>>>> Jordan

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Check this Batmon.

Public's expectations of Lebron >>>>> that of Kobe >>>>> Jordan

I agree. The hype machine for these cats or ridiculuos. Lebron was deemed the KING before dude did shit in the L. Propped up as the man way too early.

How many years later? Nothin to show. A trip to the Finals.

He dont watch out he'll be on some Vince Carter shit playin at %75 capacity along w/ the next big superstar at age 30.

I actually dont hatt Lebron. But the fans just make dudes out to be way more than they are w/ a socring title or an MVP award.

Do fans place A.I. on the same level as Kobe? At one point dude was made out to be Superman. How did that end up?

Melo.Wade - these dudes need to pair up cause theyre not that good to will a team to the chip on the solo tip.

It took Jordan 8 years. I dont know how many it took The Dream.
    Robinson didnt get shut until Duncan showed up. Wade got Shaq. Pierce was handed two HOF famers.

The hype doesnt really mean shit, cause only a few get that ring.

Anyone who makes the argument that Lebron can't be the greatest because he has never won a championship please stop talking.

First, this is the nba - a form of entertainment where guys play for a paycheck, not to win games. Lebron can't control whether the schleps on his team decide to pick it up only when their contracts run out or because they are on national television. There is obviously something to say for a winner, but this is a team sport. You can diss Lebron for not being a team player (if that is your argument) but saying he's not the best because his team has never won a 'chip is a loser to me.

Kobe won a ring quicker than Jordan because he had better teammates. Jordan won rings but his team got better...remember that guy Scottie Pippen - he was named one of the 50 greatest players ever! Barkley never won a championship and there has never been anyone his size who could do what he did. What about Karl Malone? Winning championships is a factor to consider but not the be-all-end-all.

I'd love to see what % of people posting on this board have actually played serious ball. Lebron & Kobe are in Jordan's league. Its debatable who is better, but if you can't see how that is possible than you have zero understanding of talent.

Anyone who makes the argument that Lebron can't be the greatest because he has never won a championship please stop talking.

First, this is the nba - a form of entertainment where guys play for a paycheck, not to win games. Lebron can't control whether the schleps on his team decide to pick it up only when their contracts run out or because they are on national television. There is obviously something to say for a winner, but this is a team sport. You can diss Lebron for not being a team player (if that is your argument) but saying he's not the best because his team has never won a 'chip is a loser to me.

Kobe won a ring quicker than Jordan because he had better teammates. Jordan won rings but his team got better...remember that guy Scottie Pippen - he was named one of the 50 greatest players ever! Barkley never won a championship and there has never been anyone his size who could do what he did. What about Karl Malone? Winning championships is a factor to consider but not the be-all-end-all.

I'd love to see what % of people posting on this board have actually played serious ball. Lebron & Kobe are in Jordan's league. Its debatable who is better, but if you can't see how that is possible than you have zero understanding of talent.

Rings separate you from the pack. Simple.

There are Greats w/ rings and Greats w/out rings.

The best SHOULD have a RING - In my book. Maybe not in yours.

U got Lebron over Bill Russell?

First, this is the nba - a form of entertainment where guys play for a paycheck, not to win games.

So now its the BEST in entertainment/gettin paid?

The Dream Team played to get a paycheck?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I'd love to see what % of people posting on this board have actually played serious ball.

Oh you mean like at the YMCA?

The league was arguably tougher in Jordan's era (play was allowed to be more physical), yet he was still able to score 30+ a game for 7 years straight (and 8 out of 9), AND he was the best player and arguably main factor in 6 NBA championships. GTFO with this Lebron and Kobe arguably better. Please. Kobe wasn't even the best player on his team when he won those first 3 rings. Maybe you should be comparing Kobe to Scottie.

• GTFO with this Lebron and Kobe arguably better. Please.

• ignastyignasty 163 Posts
    After seeing the highlights, LeBron was clearly gassed last night. All of his jumpshots were barely getting to the front of the rim, struggling to catch his breath early, etc.

He will show in Game 6, as he did in Game 4, why he is the Chosen One, and hating-ass "commentators" are not. I expect he will put on a career performance.