NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Lakers seem to be building confidence as the playoffs roll on....I'm not mad.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Was just listening to the Herd (Colin Cowherd) on AM radio this morning, and he is on point when he says Mo Williams is a fraud, and that he wouldn't start on the Celtics or Lakers. He's been like that in big games, especially in the playoffs.

I think that's a bit extreme.

Lebron doesnt need a real PG alongside him in that Offense.

Mo is a decent role player that has made them somewhat better since he took over from Damon Jones and Boobie Gibson.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    atl was embarassing
    even vince got a dunk on em
    lazy D lose by 40 in a playof game have you no pride

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Will the Lakers sweep?

atl was embarassing
    even vince got a dunk on em
    lazy D lose by 40 in a playof game have you no pride

I think the Bucks extended series fucked ATL's head up. Plus dudes are "tired".

b/w

Orlando is crazy focused. This is not "the hand the ball to Turkulo" team.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    if last year's finals tought us anything it's that
    maintaining that focus by orlando is the only way they can win the whole thing
    they have to execute flawlessly
    i have not watched enough of their series though is vince playing restrained or still a loose canon?

AMARE JUST DUNKED ON SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    actually he dunked on nobody, it was just a spectacular classic nash to amar'e pick and roll that is pretty much unstoppable unless u wannabe in a poster

dealth

I like the fact that PHX basically has 2 teams: starters (offensive juggernaut) and bench (everyday they hustlin')

Alvin Gentry basically applied CQ: common sense quotient to D'anotni's Offensive IQ

D'antoni must be crying into his red wine right now

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO PARA TODOS
    ANDELE LOS SUNS!!!

JaredDudley619 playing out of his mind, too

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    AMARE JUST DUNKED ON SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!

It was a nice dunk.

They Have to go back to SA up 2.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    They Have to go back to SA up 2.

Truth

• Despite LeBoring's "elbowgate" issue going on, I think that the Cavs will advance to the Conference Finals. But then they'll get dominated by the soon-to-be world champion Orlando Magic. I'm calling it right now. The Magic are just too good right now and I think that after tasting defeat in the Finals, they are playing to prove that last year was no fluke. So it'll be Phoenex/Los Angeles and Orlando/Cleveland.

Los Angeles wins in 6.
    Orlando wins in 5, but if LeBoring's elbow gets better, 6.
    Orlando wins in 6.

nice sign in the crowd:

TIMMY
    NEEDS A
    TIMEOUT

lololololololol

LOS SUNS > EL SPURS

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    if they actually wanted to show their respect to the latin american community in the nba, they would have the spanish names on the jersey, as opposed to throwing "los" or "el" in front of everything.
    if they're gonna do that, they should just make it completely in poor taste and do "los suns-o" and "el spurs-o"

this is how it's done:

true
    at least they tried

they are the suns tho not "los sols"

Actually it should have been "SOLS"

regardless, I think they got their message across
    even Sarver and Kerr got props lol

• reskresk 391 Posts
    the "los suns" and "los spurs" (which were not worn tonight) are jeresey's 8 teams use in march during their "noche latina" nights. Each team has two games (though i think the spurs did three games this year, two at home and one in miami during miami's NL night) for the nba's latin appriciation month.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ene-b-a punto com
    i once had spanish feed for the spurs/mavs and was loving it

Again, AM "Herd" related....

Colin Cowherd makes a great point that if you want to make any sort of money with sports, you're gonna want to appease the hispanic communities.

I also agree with JimBeam on this one...Throwing "Los" and "El" before the team names is pretty weak.

Colin Cowherd makes a great point that if you want to make any sort of money with sports, you're gonna want to appease the hispanic communities.

Thats common sense, not some deep business shit.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Can't hate on Nueva York.

I agree that "El Heat" looks especially weak. Just go with Calor or something.

Still not mad at Los Suns as a gesture though.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    some names lend themselves to spanish translations, some don't, but around here the Yankees are just "Los Yanquis". Maybe ask a Spanish speaker what they call the team in question before advocating for a literal translation of the team name.

The Jankees

It's good insight. Something you seem to lack in your posts esp. as of late.

It's good insight. Something you seem to lack in your posts esp. as of late.

If your praising a dude for sayin something that so common sense - then thats on you.

Then again the Suns aint gonna do shit......right?