NBA PLAYOFFS 2010 (Wacka Flacka)

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Does Cleveland have the facilities/doctors to treat his daughter?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Jazz fans are mad because Derek Fisher, who after his daughter was diagnosed with rare eye form of eye-cancer, walked to the Jazz's late owner Larry Miller, and had his 22 million dollar contract terminated so he could relocate to a city that had premiere cancer treatment facilities. So why would Jazz fans hate him? He signed with a team that wasn't a contender (at the time) for less money.

For the answer, lets turn to the beautiful prose of Utah fan, Matt Parker a.k.a. "ramskick": "For everyone who is saying us jazz fans are ignorant for booing derek fisher, his daughter is getting treatment in new york, nuff said gosh"

Yes, it's true. Derek Fisher's daughter gets a lot of her main treatment in New York City. (Her doctor's partner is in LA, where they do day-to-day stuff). So, they think Derek Fisher used his daughter's illness to... sign with a #7 seed that had just been dumped in the first round of the playoffs (for the second year in a row), its star player had just demanded a trade, and Kwame Brown was the starting center? He also diabolically used his daughter's illness to cost himself 8 million dollars? And, as pointed out by Bill Simmons, that saved money allowed the Jazz to afford D-Will's extension? Also, you guys do realize that you would be paying out the nose for a 34 year old back-up point guard, right? I mean, I'd understand if you didn't have a cheap, promising back-up right now.... Oh, wait, you did. You traded Eric Maynor, owed all of 1.3 million dollars this year, to Oklahoma City for absolutely nothing. You basically gave him away to avoid that hefty luxury tax bill. And this is a team with Deron Williams, Carlos Boozer, and a bunch of guys that could be playing overseas in three years. Their roster isn't exactly teeming with talent.

Speaking of Carlos Boozer, did you know that, before coming to Utah, he backed out of an agreement he had with Gordon Gund, a blind man? And that you embrace this con artist now?

And he didn't have his daughter's eye cancer to "hide behind." Boozer didn't leave under a mutually-agreed contract termination. He reneged on a deal to get paid, plain and simple.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Does Cleveland have the facilities/doctors to treat his daughter?

The Cleveland Clinic is one of the best hospitals in the country... but I do stand corrected Cleveland Clinics Rainbow Children's and babies Hosp doesn't rank high as far as cancer w/ children is concerned http://www.cleveland.com/medical/index.ssf/2009/06/rainbow_babies_and_childrens_h.html I could have sworn that Fisher chose LA because it was close to the hospital his daughter was in?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I think the key point here is that, at the point Fish went back to LA, the Lakers looked like a ship going down. It's not like he jumped ship to hitch a ride for a better deal, especially in leaving $8M on the table. I mean, dude already had 3 fucking rings. It's not like Malone's ill-fated decision to sign with the Lakers.

Jazz fans are mad because Derek Fisher, who after his daughter was diagnosed with rare eye form of eye-cancer, walked to the Jazz's late owner Larry Miller, and had his 22 million dollar contract terminated so he could relocate to a city that had premiere cancer treatment facilities. So why would Jazz fans hate him? He signed with a team that wasn't a contender (at the time) for less money.

For the answer, lets turn to the beautiful prose of Utah fan, Matt Parker a.k.a. "ramskick": "For everyone who is saying us jazz fans are ignorant for booing derek fisher, his daughter is getting treatment in new york, nuff said gosh"

Yes, it's true. Derek Fisher's daughter gets a lot of her main treatment in New York City. (Her doctor's partner is in LA, where they do day-to-day stuff). So, they think Derek Fisher used his daughter's illness to... sign with a #7 seed that had just been dumped in the first round of the playoffs (for the second year in a row), its star player had just demanded a trade, and Kwame Brown was the starting center? He also diabolically used his daughter's illness to cost himself 8 million dollars? And, as pointed out by Bill Simmons, that saved money allowed the Jazz to afford D-Will's extension? Also, you guys do realize that you would be paying out the nose for a 34 year old back-up point guard, right? I mean, I'd understand if you didn't have a cheap, promising back-up right now.... Oh, wait, you did. You traded Eric Maynor, owed all of 1.3 million dollars this year, to Oklahoma City for absolutely nothing. You basically gave him away to avoid that hefty luxury tax bill. And this is a team with Deron Williams, Carlos Boozer, and a bunch of guys that could be playing overseas in three years. Their roster isn't exactly teeming with talent.

Speaking of Carlos Boozer, did you know that, before coming to Utah, he backed out of an agreement he had with Gordon Gund, a blind man? And that you embrace this con artist now?

And he didn't have his daughter's eye cancer to "hide behind." Boozer didn't leave under a mutually-agreed contract termination. He reneged on a deal to get paid, plain and simple.

Speaking of Carlos Boozer, did you know that, before coming to Utah, he backed out of an agreement he had with Gordon Gund, a blind man? And that you embrace this con artist now? And he didn't have his daughter's eye cancer to "hide behind." Boozer didn't leave under a mutually-agreed contract termination. He reneged on a deal to get paid, plain and simple. [/b]

"If" Gordon Gund/Cavs/Paxson had a under the table deal w/ Boozer and they didn't pick up the last year of Boozer's option. That in it's self was illegal. Although as a Cavs fan I do loathe Boozer but all he did was run a better game than the one Gund/ Paxson was trying to run on him and the NBA....

I could have sworn that Fisher chose LA because it was close to the hospital his daughter was in?

Her doctor's partner is in LA, where they do day-to-day stuff[/b]

I could have sworn that Fisher chose LA because it was close to the hospital his daughter was in?

Her doctor's partner is in LA, where they do day-to-day stuff[/b]

OK I knew my memory wasn't that bad.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    I think the key point here is that if someone's daughter has a rare form of eye cancer you leave him the fuck alone, period. We are talking about alleged disloyalty to a professional basketball team, not selling arms to terrorists.[/b]

Mike Brown is lost.....it's sad a team this talented is so unprepared for a game this important......AT HOME

• ignastyignasty 163 Posts
    OMG I just saw the score WTF is wrong with the Cavs.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    WTF is wrong with the Cavs.

Exactly what I'm wondering. This is just plain pathetic.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Suns v Boston is gonna be a sweet finals !!!

Mike Brown - Head Coach

LOL
    YEAH RIGHT

Suns/Spurs is over, anyway you wanna slice it up.

So is the Boston/Cleveland series.[/b]

You sure about that?

Yea, i'm sure. I'll take Cavs in 6. or a blowout game 7 in favor of the Cavs.

Someone forgot to mention this "over" thing to Rajon Rondo. the Celtics

FIXED.

120 - 88. I>In Cleveland[/i].

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I'm pretty sure that what's wrong with the Cavs is the Celtics

Ice Cube's new show is tragic

For real - they're playing out of their minds right now.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Did Rondo hit a Grand Slam.

• Ice Cube's new show is tragic

I tried to find where to insert a laugh, but I couldn't even force one out. "You look like Tyler Perry?!" No, not funny.

As for Cleveland, I honestly thought that they would win in 6, but this series might end up being decided in 7. Either which way, Orlando is winning the title.

• edubedub 715 Posts

wow... I've not read this whole thread..... but,

I hope someone has realized that those shirts are weaksauce compared to that "The Lakers Are Gay" hat that girl on the left is wearing?!?!!!

b/w

where can I cop?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Mike Brown - Head Coach

Cowherd's been bashing the guy for weeks that he's not a Phil Jackson. Looks like he's right....

Why is the TEAM playing like they are hurt though? on a

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

the girl with the hat

SMH

Mike Brown - Head Coach

Cowherd's been bashing the guy for weeks that he's not a Phil Jackson. Looks like he's right....

They have no heart starting w/ the Coach Mike "Mr. Potato Head" Brown, LBJ then the rest of the team....

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Mike Brown - Head Coach

They have no heart starting w/ the Coach Mike "Mr. Potato Head" Brown, LBJ then the rest of the team....

Hey,

The deal with the Cavs breaks down as follows:

1. They need a legitimate and CONSISTENT 2nd option to score 15 to 20 points per game. Williams, Jamison, and O'Neal have failed to fulfill this role. The Celtics have at least three guys that fill this requirement (KG, Allen, and Rondo behind Paul Pierce).

2. LeBron has the ball in his hands too cotdamn much (and his shot selection drives me crazy). He's easier to defend this way, instead of receiving the ball off slashes and cuts to the basket, or from pick-and-roll and/or pick-and-pop sets. By contrast, Rondo's play-making and breaking down of the defense and dishing to teammates has been .

3. The Cavs half-court set is shitty offensively and defensively. They CANNOT play one-possession basketball because of this. The Celtics play much better half-court ball at both ends of the floor. The Cavs will NEVER win a title because in conference finals especially, such series will inevitably come down to one or two key possessions where they will either (a) need a basket to win, or (b) need a key stop to win. They fail at both.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    It's officially kick Lebron when he's down day.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It's officially kick Lebron when he's down day.

C'mon dude, if he's so great why doesn't he have any rings.

Rings is all that matters.

Who cares that he's playing against 3 HOF players with a good supporting cast.

Dude needs to win it all, even with Sideshow Bob, the Moped Gangsta, an over rated AJ and a dude older than Aristotle himself.

If Lebron was any good he'd be making some 4 and 5 point shots.

And if he doesn't win it all....he sucks.

The letters to the editor in Slam say so.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Kick not lick his ass day I said.

For real though, with all the hype...dude folds like a bad hand.

A bad hand with no rings on it.