THE NBA PLAYOFFS - '09!!!

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Webber never had a team team tailor made for him like Dork has. Dork has been lucky enuff to play to his strenfs.

I don't buy this....if the right players were around him they would be headed to the Finals......fact is those around him have NOT stepped up and done what they need to do.....Dirk has played heads and shoulders above his team mates this series.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Well that's true but it's also not for lack of trying - Cuban's been trying to build around Dirk like crazy.

I think Cuban proved what kind of man he is in addressing Martin's mother like that. The day after mother's day. smh

I'd say it's a fair bet that he'll not take the radical steps needed to build a championship-caliber team. He's long had the opportunity to do so, and so far, he's stopped short.

I mean who could the Mavs give up to get a franchise player, other than Nowitsky? JET and Howard? I can't see it.

The unfortunate truth is that the bad economy has hit some teams hard....and Cuban may very well be able to buy what he needs from those in trouble.

• devoglamdevoglam 143 Posts
    just watched the celtics - magic game 5... orlando is dumb for not getting the ball to howard as the celtics were surging... taking terrible, out of control shots did not stop the bleeding.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I think Cuban proved what kind of man he is in addressing Martin's mother like that. The day after mother's day. smh

I'd say it's a fair bet that he'll not take the radical steps needed to build a championship-caliber team. He's long had the opportunity to do so, and so far, he's stopped short.

I mean who could the Mavs give up to get a franchise player, other than Nowitsky? JET and Howard? I can't see it.

A lot of teams are going to be looking to do straight salary dumps, though. Is Ericka's contract expiring? Do the Mavs still technically hold a contract on Mike Finley? Stack's contract is probably expiring, although I don't think it's real big. Cubes can roll all that up and offer it to PHX for the Big Fail.

True, true. So he'll shuffle some players around, stop short of what the team needs for rings, and we'll do this all over again!

True, true. So he'll shuffle some players around, stop short of what the team needs for rings, and we'll do this all over again!

That's his trademark move.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Webber never had a team team tailor made for him like Dork has. Dork has been lucky enuff to play to his strenfs.

I don't buy this....if the right players were around him they would be headed to the Finals......fact is those around him have NOT stepped up and done what they need to do.....Dirk has played heads and shoulders above his team mates this series.

Cool.

What changes has Dallas made after they went to the Finals.

I see why one would stay put after the Wade slaughtering but after that, even after the GS debacle, this is the same team.

Only one Champ a year.

Dude is at least trying, which can't be said for 50% of the league.

Cool.

What changes has Dallas made after they went to the Finals.

I see why one would stay put after the Wade slaughtering but after that, even after the GS debacle, this is the same team.

Exactly

Compare Howard and Jet to Ray Allen and Paul Pierce and you'll see the diffenece between a Championship caliber lineup and some also rans.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Billy Owens was never the man at Golden State. it was tim hardaway's team but he went down with a season ending injury during the summer so it became de facto webber's team. He was the glue to hold to hold spree, Mullin, owns, etc together with avery who played point for that one year.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    just watched the celtics - magic game 5... orlando is dumb for not getting the ball to howard as the celtics were surging... taking terrible, out of control shots did not stop the bleeding.

yeah - wasn't it awesome?

I wouldn't be crowing if I were a Celts fan - that was a terrible game for all but about 5 minutes of it. Orlando should've been up by 20.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Only one Champ a year.

Dude is at least trying, which can't be said for 50% of the league.

Paul Pierce.

On to tonight: who will ride for RonRon and the Rockets????

looking forward to another Lakers meltdown tonight

Kobe gets his 40 and the other dudes just stand around, no problem!

yay!

THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T SPEAK IN THE BASKETBALL THREAD, MYLATENTPEE.

Lakers up by FORTY POINTS at the end of the 3rd.

Bonus

Lakers up by FORTY POINTS at the end of the 3rd.

Bonus

those are real hideous, dude

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

On to tonight: who will ride for RonRon and the Rockets????

looking forward to another Lakers meltdown tonight

Kobe gets his 40 and the other dudes just stand around, no problem!

yay!

THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T SPEAK IN THE BASKETBALL THREAD, MYLATENTPEE.

whatever

I was there at 2am in the morning, and already 60 heads camping out. Trust me they look good in person.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I wouldn't be crowing if I were a Celts fan - that was a terrible game for all but about 5 minutes of it. Orlando should've been up by 20.

lol - you put me in my place ... ?

why not crow about stealing a win to take control of the series?

who cares if Orlando "should have been" anything?

THEY LOST.

Can someone get me these ugly joints (Venoms) for $500?

^^^Take that shit to Don't Step on my...

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    You guys are seriously retarded with these misty-eyed recollections of Chris Webber. I have to question all of yr appraisals and overall knowledge.

DERRICK COLEMAN WAS JUST AMAZING. JUST A BUTT-HAIR SHORT OF THE HOF.

How is it that Chris Webber and his ilk feel comfortable determining ???how a scorer should act?????? or ???how to perform in big games?????? when C-Webb only who once in his 15-year career put up playoff-game numbers of the sort Dirk has posted habitually, more than a dozen times, in the last decade? Want to see my summarize those numbers again? And update 'em?

5/14/01 @ Sas 42/18 L

4/28/02 @ Min 39/17 W

4/19/03 vs Por 46/10 W

4/25/03 @ Por 42/10 W

4/30/03 vs Por 35/10 L

5/19/03 @ Sas 38/15 L

5/18/05 @ Pho 34/10 L

4/29/06 vs Mem 36/9 W

5/22/06 @ Sas 37/15 W

6/1/06 vs Pho 50/12 W

5/5/09 @ Den 35/9 L

5/9/09 vs Den 33/16 L

5/11/09 vs Den 44/13 W

Not bad, Dirk. Thirteen of them.

And during Chris Webber???s supposedly illustrious career offer up, say, a 35/9, or even anything in that range?

Once.

5/6/01 @ Lal 34/8 L

misty-eyed recollections of Chris Webber.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Um gene weren't you touting the signing of juwan Howard as just the kind of player that the Mavs needed to get over the hump a few seasons ago??? Doesn't give you much room to start criticizing others player evaluations after that kind of statement.

lol - you put me in my place ... ?

why not crow about stealing a win to take control of the series?

Because the team played like garbage. 42 minutes of Pierce and nothing else. Friggin Marbury to the rescue! It was a joke. I haven't been following the Magic at all this year but if that's how they play then I'm surprised they got this far.

The Celts keep turning in those performances and they'll get manhandled by Cleveland.

I guess that's a foregone conclusion in Boston? For the defending champs?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

If forced to chose between Webber in his prime and Dirk in his prime I would choose Webber.

Hell No....no way

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Orlando needs a David West on their team....forcing the ball through Dwight Howard was not going to make a difference.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    DERRICK COLEMAN WAS JUST AMAZING. JUST A BUTT-HAIR SHORT OF THE HOF.

Actually, Derrick Coleman was pretty f*cking amazing...when he cared. Problem was, he barely ever cared. But when he was motivated, he could chew up pretty much anybody.