Where's the latest Israel/Palestine 74-page rager?

Comments

• And when they die, woooooh shit! Virgins, dude. LOTS of them. And also fruits and honey and stuff, which ranks a far second.

The only real problem with what Israel is doing is that it won't solve the above. That and the dead babies...

Cynical, vapid... depressing. Palestinians are secular, mostly. You know what that means, Jonny? Not much thought about dying into a world of beautiful virgins and honey.

Israel is a brutal colonial power.

• you don't sound like you've spent much time in Gaza.

I have.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Palestinians are secular, mostly.

Your arguments were somewhat credible up until this.

• Mark that was a joke. I can't weigh into this thread without tongue planted firmly in cheek at this point. I know not every fighter believe that crap.

Israel is a diverse country, though. You claim to be so knowledgeable about it but your analysis is pretty one-dimensional. I guess Israel is pretty damn tired of the Palestinians, that's the vibe I get at least

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

Somebody help me out here. CNN always assumes that you know what is going on. This shit always seems to come out of nowhere, like the Russia/Georgia thing.

Christ dude, you should know MORE than CNN. How else are you going to interpret their reporting? CNN isn't the f*cking dictionary, it's a TV network.

I should, but like many people I work, have a family, hobbies, etc and can't keep my finger on the pulse of the world. Plus I don't know shit about Jews, Israel, Palestine or any of that. Well, I know a little bit, but not enough to understand what is going on.

But what I do know is that SOMEBODY put in the order to start shooting rockets into Israel, right? I mean even Hamas has to have some sort of Command and Control infastructure or chain of command. Somebody decided to "send a message" to Israel and ordered rockets fired, which to me is a declaration of war. Now that Hamas represent Palestine's official government, then the rockets being fired was a government sanctioned action, i.e. Palestine effectively declared war on Israel.

No matter how sympathetic you might feel towards the citizens, you can't start a war and then complain that the other side is kicking your ass to hard. Its like going into a match with Mike Tyson and then complaining that he's hitting you too hard and thats not fair.

But if you don't want your citizens to die, don't start a war. Not just soldiers die in a war, ever. Thats not how it works, no matter how hard you try. If you don't have the manpower or firepower to start a war then DON'T START A WAR. If you have grievances than you better handle it some other way, because if you start a war you will get your ass kicked. How should have Palestine handled it? I don't know because again, I don't know shit about what's going on there, but somebody in the upper echelons should have thought a little bit harder about what might happen before they started firing their crappy little weapons.

Dude, this sounds good but it's total Farmer's Almanack common-sense bullshit. The world is a lot more f*cking complicated. Palestinians are STILL trying to erect a real state and Israel won't let them. Moreover, Israel has tortured these people intermittently for the last fifteen years, with the intensity of assaults growing...

People are inherently conservative. You seem like a nice smart guy. Why are you siding with power over people? Have you even once considered what it might be like to be Palestinian?

I'm not siding with anybody. You could replace these 2 countries with any other 2 countries. I'm thinking strictly strategically at a military level. Now that Hamas is a government entity their band of terrorists/freedomfighters/muskateers/whathaveyou is now officially a military, firing rockets is an official military strike.

Again, somebody, say the "General" must have known or at least anticipated the outcome of their strike. If they knew that civilians would die and they struck anyways then those civilians were considered by Hamas to be an "acceptable loss".

Or, Hamas has no control over its military and is a complete cluster F*ck, in which case they better get their shit together before more of their people die.

Resisting to protect our own
    Safa Joudeh writing from the occupied Gaza Strip, Live from Palestine, 5 January 2009 [/b]
    http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article10117.shtml

I feel bad for those folks, but that dude is acting like Israel came out of nowhere. Not once in the article does he say "Damn, maybe shooting rockets into Israel was a bad idea after all."

If your government starts a war, then you are going to get a war. It sucks, but if you don't like it, don't start a war.

I'm not saying Israel is doing the right thing either, but Hamas bears a LOT of responsibility for taking that gamble.

• Palestinians are secular, mostly.

Your arguments were somewhat credible up until this. [/quote)

Umm, this is uncontroversial. You can't find a MORE secular Arab people. Seriously...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Oh, and by my count this is page 19.

Congrats.

Umm, this is uncontroversial. You can't find a MORE secular Arab people. Seriously...

dude Gaza /= W. Bank.

seriously dude you seem to be very, very emotional about a subject you know very, very little about. your ignorance of Israeli society now seems matched by your ignorance of Palestinian society.

• Mark that was a joke. I can't weigh into this thread without tongue planted firmly in cheek at this point. I know not every fighter believe that crap.

Israel is a diverse country, though. You claim to be so knowledgeable about it but your analysis is pretty one-dimensional. I guess Israel is pretty damn tired of the Palestinians, that's the vibe I get at least

My analysis seems to you one-dimensional because we disagree. Israel SHOULD be tired of the Palestinians. Until Israel comes to grips with the fact that it responded to the Holocaust by imprisoning and torturing another people, it will never be whole.

My analysis seems to you one-dimensional because we disagree. Israel SHOULD be tired of the Palestinians. Until Israel comes to grips with the fact that it responded to the Holocaust by imprisoning and torturing another people, it will never be whole.

the Zionist movement predated the Holocaust by over 80 yrs....Ben-Gurion proclaimed that Israel was created IN SPITE of the Holocaust, not because of it...f*cking shit you are all over the place; the more you write the less you seem to know about any of this....

dude Gaza /= W. Bank.

seriously dude you seem to be very, very emotional about a subject you know very, very little about. your ignorance of Israeli society now seems matched by your ignorance of Palestinian society.

funny post

dude you're like a propaganda machine, please keep going, your posts are pure kitsch

• you keep insulting me rather than addressing your own errors...Holocaust, Gazan society, etc....you really don't know anything about this stuff do you? like, you clearly read Znet and have attended some rallies, but really, REALLY, really? are you equipped to espouse on any of this? serious question. this isn't some Popeyes side order shit; this is a life-and-death issue that some of us have actually taken the time to study and understand. take your bumperstickerspeak elsewhere.

the Zionist movement predated the Holocaust by over 80 yrs....Ben-Gurion proclaimed that Israel was created IN SPITE of the Holocaust, not because of it...f*cking shit you are all over the place; the more you write the less you seem to know about any of this....

Yeah... like I said, you're an abject brainwashed apologist for Israeli foreign policy.

Of course Zionism predated the Holocaust... by DECADESQ what is the point of that objection? If you really want to argue the early history of Jewish/Zionist/European interactions just say the word. But don't waste my f*cking time.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    WHO IS THIS????

• you keep insulting me rather than addressing your own errors...Holocaust, Gazan society, etc....you really don't know anything about this stuff do you? like, you clearly read Znet and have attended some rallies, but really, REALLY, really? are you equipped to espouse on any of this? serious question. this isn't some Popeyes side order shit; this is a life-and-death issue that some of us have actually taken the time to study and understand. take your bumperstickerspeak elsewhere.

Bring it on. Tell us what you think is true and give sources. Go for it.

• start by explaining the termite pomegranate remark. that shit was real, real weird.

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    WHO IS THIS????

He used to be known as Adolf Hitler.

• WHO IS THIS????

He used to be known as Adolf Hitler.

Are you serious? I assume not... but there were no emoticons.

Hitler was one of the most evil creatures history has recorded. Knowing what he accomplished, had I been given the chance via time machine I like to think I would've stabbed that motherfucker to death even if it meant I died in the process.

But people are more than just their race. THAT was the mistake Hitler made (well, one of many). I'm not going to forgive Israelis for destroying another culture. If Jews believe the racial assault on them was evil and insane (as I wholeheartedly believe) then they should recognize that a similar racial assault against another people is also wrong.

What's crazy is that there are so many Israeli and American Jews who are trying to spread the same message. You guys have me isolated, as if mine were the minority viewpoint among educated folk when it's really not...

The peculiarities of message boards.

• I'm not saying Israel is doing the right thing either, but Hamas bears a LOT of responsibility for taking that gamble.

Again... try to think about this from a deep emotional perspective. It's hard for us, for Americans, to imagine the feelings occasioned by attack on this strange thing, "the little territory we can call our own", on the locality that defines us... What if all you'd ever known was the land around you, your father's and his father's and HIS father's land, hills whose hollows you'd known intimately, that dip where I could F*ck Ludmilla unseen, that other hollow where I'd daydreamed for hours ---this land, stolen by men who just... wanted it. What was their claim? I WANT IT. LEAVE NOW.

• some Fischer Price reading of history up in here. and you accuse me of being simplistic on this issue.

• some Fischer Price reading of history up in here. and you accuse me of being simplistic on this issue.

Yeah, I do accuse you of that. For the f*cking record.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Speaking of this thread: Whats the word on that Warmonger 12", overpriced_artisan_butter

your whole idyllic-orange-grove-behind-the-madrassa-where-I-used-to-get-a-handjob-invaded-by-evil-Zionists is every bit as kitschy and out-dated as anything you'll find in a Jewish National Fund brochure from the 1950's. that you don't see that is a testament to your ignorance.

the Zionist narrative of this history is under constant study and revision, subject to healthy debate by the academy and by the press within Israel. meanwhile you and your coffee house revolutionaries are stuck on some romantic fiction from the 60's. serious scholars moved beyond your little dorm room poster years ago.

serious people can handle a little nuance without their mind garden entirely collapsing.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I refuse to recognize soulstrut as an actual website, only a temporary 'condition'

your whole idyllic-orange-grove-behind-the-madrassa-where-I-used-to-get-a-handjob-invaded-by-evil-Zionists is every bit as kitschy and out-dated as anything you'll find in a Jewish National Fund brochure from the 1950's. that you don't see that is a testament to your ignorance.

the Zionist narrative of this history is under constant study and revision, subject to healthy debate by the academy and by the press within Israel. meanwhile you and your coffee house revolutionaries are stuck on some romantic fiction from the 60's. serious scholars moved beyond your little dorm room poster years ago.

serious people can handle a little nuance without their mind garden entirely collapsing.

How f*cking old are you? People don't have to be innocent to deserve rights. How innocent are you? Am I?

You argue like you've never seen what happens when a family is torn apart FOR REAL.

Palestinians aren't angels. And Israelis aren't devils. It's bad enough to be human.

But you are a brainwashed muppet.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    It's bad enough to be human.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    idyllic-orange-grove-behind-the-madrassa-where-I-used-to-get-a-handjob-

LOCATION OF THE CENTURY!!!!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    I refuse to recognize soulstrut as an actual website, only a temporary 'condition'

I think the-breaks.com should take this site over and only let us post janky beats in the MUSIC, YOU ALL board.