Where's the latest Israel/Palestine 74-page rager?

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Am I just not seeing it? Anyone going to get the ball rolling on this one?

Comments

• I thought Obama getting elected cleared up all that kind of stuff. No?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    The UN is on the case.

SMFH

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I thought Obama getting elected cleared up all that kind of stuff. No?

If by that you mean appointing the son of a murdering Israeli terrorist to his administration, then I suppose yes, that has been cleared up.

How long until we see a 'David Ike - Vindicated' thread?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    This shit's not even worth any comment.
    Hamas didn't leave Israel any other choice with those continued rocket attacks. Now they're acting out their usual victim role... who's still buying this crap?
    Bringing in ground troups on a large scale and cleaning shit up for good is the right thing to do.
    Go Israel!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Hamas didn't leave Israel any other choice with those continued rocket attacks. Now they're acting out their usual victim role... who's still buying this crap?
    Bringing in ground troups on a large scale and cleaning shit up for good is the right thing to do.
    Go Israel!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Go Israel!

Oh well, back in my doghouse you go.

• Go Israel!

wow

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Israel is f*cking up.

BUT

Hamas are a bunch of pricks and deserve to get f*cking wiped off the map.

AGAIN, it's the same f*cking thing though. Israel comes through mad heavy handed and a completely goes way too hard on this shit, mad innocent people die etc... just wack. Classic victim turned bully role. So I'm not condoning the intensity of the attacks. But nobody says shit about the actions that provoke these responses. Ever. EVER. F*ck all that shit. F*ck them Hamas dudes and they all should f*cking get it.

Not on some straight "Go Israel" shit but f*cking A "You smack me and I'll smack you back" - I understand completely.

• F*ck Hamas.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Go Israel!

wow

That's it....no semi-witty quip where you make up a quote and attributte it to me?

Wow.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Go Israel!

wow

Well, isn't he from Germany?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Inviting retaliation by firing rockets from civilian areas is some cowardly shit.

F*ck Hamas.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I seriously wonder what Obama's admin will be able to do in terms of facilitating a potential resolution. Not that I thought Bush was trying very hard himself but I can't see the U.S. taking a hard shift in any new direction.

• Go Israel!

wow

That's it....no semi-witty quip where you make up a quote and attributte it to me?

Wow.

[rockadelic]i'm mad[/rockadelic]

there you go.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

Go Israel!

wow

Well, isn't he from Germany?

For a minute I wanted to ask what you mean with that but I think it's better you spare us both any further explanation.

I was being 100% serious with what I said and I stand by it.
    Those rocket attacks by Hamas activists did not leave any other choice.
    Hamas needs to be destroyed as far as possible and the retailation has to be strong enough that in the future civilians won't allow Hamas to use their neighborhoods to launch rockets from. The fear of an Israeli counter attack has to be so strong that confronting and stopping Hamas activists will seem like the better choice.
    Don't forget that Hamas has no other goal but to prevent any lasting peace in the region because this conflict is the very reason and sole backbone for their existence.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    What is the saying about not cornering a hungry animal? Of course there is no excuse for shooting rockets into Israel but there is also no excuse for shutting off all humanitarian aid into Gaza.

As far as my comment about you being from Germany, I wonder what is the percentage of Germans that do not side with Israel.

The clusterfuckiness boils over every few months in that country. I, like most folks in the world, have no answers.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    There are no indications that Obama is going to do much of anything to broker a deal. Frankly, the way forward is hardly clear. As long as the refuge issue remains on the table, I can't see how the two sides can forge an agreement they could live with. I hope the Israelis will show more restraint. Gaza is contained and I don't see this changing much with Hamas. The saddest aspect of this endeavor is that it seems like we'll have to wait until circumstances change (e.g. dying off of old Palestinian refugees or a major shift in the Arab politics) for there to be any movement forward.

I was being 100% serious with what I said and I stand by it.
    Those rocket attacks by Hamas activists did not leave any other choice.
    Hamas needs to be destroyed as far as possible and the retailation has to be strong enough that in the future civilians won't allow Hamas to use their neighborhoods to launch rockets from. The fear of an Israeli counter attack has to be so strong that confronting and stopping Hamas activists will seem like the better choice.
    Don't forget that Hamas has no other goal but to prevent any lasting peace in the region because this conflict is the very reason and sole backbone for their existence.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    So I'm not condoning the intensity of the attacks. But nobody says shit about the actions that provoke these responses. Ever. EVER.

I'm not sure where you're looking, because condemnations of Hamas rocket attacks are the norm in the U.S. Pretty much every visible Democrat or Republican to comment has condemned such attacks, even at this moment when they are not the most glaring source of immediate danger. It's the official position of Bush's administration and will remain the official position for Obama's administration. The press is on board as well. Even the Arab press has expressed considerable opposition to Hamas' actions leading up to this point.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    What is the saying about not cornering a hungry animal? Of course there is no excuse for shooting rockets into Israel but there is also no excuse for shutting off all humanitarian aid into Gaza.

As far as my comment about you being from Germany, I wonder what is the percentage of Germans that do not side with Israel.

The clusterfuckiness boils over every few months in that country. I, like most folks in the world, have no answers.

^^^There goes your dumbass of the year award.

Don't say you want peace and then only look at the situation from a one-sided perspective.

Thank you.

Go Israel!

wow

Wow.

[rockadelic]i'm mad[/rockadelic]

there you go.

Mad that some little snot nosed punk can't take my name out of his mouth.....hardly.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

And the answer is..

web page

• Israel creates Hamas. Hamas can't exist without Israel. F both of em.

But from where I'm standing Israel started this whole mess, and are killing way more babies than Hamas. So f Israel more.

Collective punishment of an entire population never has any justification. Never.

Israel creates Hamas. Hamas can't exist without Israel. F both of em.

But from where I'm standing Israel started this whole mess, and are killing way more babies than Hamas. So f Israel more.

Collective punishment of an entire population never has any justification. Never.

If Israel didn't exist there wouldn't be a need for terrorists groups who's main goal is to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.

• This isn't collective punishment of an entire population...

hyperbole

This isn't collective punishment of an entire population...

hyperbole

But...but....but....why can't they just go up and down the streets asking who is with Hamas and just punish them.....you know, after they get a top notch lawyer and a fair trial??

• Better yet they could leave

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

If Israel didn't exist there wouldn't be a need for terrorists groups who's main goal is to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.

The counter to this is that Palestine, as a nation-state, has never really existed.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    What's the point of having this argument again, again? (especially when some people just seem use it as an excuse to release some personal bile)

[color:pink]Can't we all just get along.[/color]