Where's the latest Israel/Palestine 74-page rager?

Comments

• So why did Hamas shoot their rockets into Israel then?

Did they have some stated objective?

Were they unaware that Israel would turn around and smash them?

If they were aware then I suppose they are taking full responsibility for all the deaths right? And if they weren't aware then why don't they surrender right away so more people don't die?

I really don't have an opinion on this since I don't know anything about it.

Again though, wasn't Hamas democratically elected? Then doesn't that mean that anything that Hamas does it does as the State of Palestine? i.e. it was Government officials that fired those rockets and not just rogue militants?

Somebody help me out here. CNN always assumes that you know what is going on. This shit always seems to come out of nowhere, like the Russia/Georgia thing.

Look, this is hard because reading the newspaper isn't going to do it. You need the history. If your dad's ancestral home was stolen, along with his olive groves, and he -a proud, broken man- ended up raising you in a shithole that he couldn't call home, and died bitter when you were eighteen, do you really believe you would forgive the people who did that to him? Seriously? What is difficult to understand about this emotional dynamic?

This is what's crazy about people like Rockadelic. He prides himself on being his own man and yet he's a craven apologist for state power. GTFOOHWTBS.

• So how do you guys feel about the Pilgrims and Indians?

• ThermosThermos 307 Posts
    I'd like to hear a very succinct answer from those who oppose Israel's current policies as to what they SHOULD do to solve this problem. Short, to the point, black and white answers please.

I'd like to hear from those who support Israel's current politics as to how this current course of action is going to solve the problem. Hasn't Israel crushed 2 intifadas already?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I'd like to hear a very succinct answer from those who oppose Israel's current policies as to what they SHOULD do to solve this problem. Short, to the point, black and white answers please.

Withdraw from the Occupied Territories.

Is that easy enough for you, Rich? If you don't know anything about this subject, why do you even have an opinion?

If I disagree with you I risk being called a brainwashed Muppet and if I ask questions I have no business having an opinion......got it.

Fact is I am no expert on the subject but form my opinions by reading, watching and believe it or not, asking questions....pretty much like everybody else.

You seem to put forth that you know more about the subject than most people.

Obviously, anyone with a brain worthy of having an opinion can see that this 1,000's year old problem can be completely solved with your five word solution.

Did you think withdrawal would end the rocket attacks from Lebanon after 2000?

BTW...what's your name....do I know you??

I assume I do since you refer to me by my government name.

• Somebody help me out here. CNN always assumes that you know what is going on. This shit always seems to come out of nowhere, like the Russia/Georgia thing.

Christ dude, you should know MORE than CNN. How else are you going to interpret their reporting? CNN isn't the f*cking dictionary, it's a TV network.

• people that use this type of exaggerated and offensive rhetoric ("Netanyahu wants the Palestinians dead and gone") can never explain to me why the Palestinian population in the W. Bank and Gaza (indeed, even within Israel itself) is growing at such an impressive rate.

Because they're f*cking slightly faster than you're killing. I thought you knew?

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

Somebody help me out here. CNN always assumes that you know what is going on. This shit always seems to come out of nowhere, like the Russia/Georgia thing.

Christ dude, you should know MORE than CNN. How else are you going to interpret their reporting? CNN isn't the f*cking dictionary, it's a TV network.

I should, but like many people I work, have a family, hobbies, etc and can't keep my finger on the pulse of the world. Plus I don't know shit about Jews, Israel, Palestine or any of that. Well, I know a little bit, but not enough to understand what is going on.

But what I do know is that SOMEBODY put in the order to start shooting rockets into Israel, right? I mean even Hamas has to have some sort of Command and Control infastructure or chain of command. Somebody decided to "send a message" to Israel and ordered rockets fired, which to me is a declaration of war. Now that Hamas represent Palestine's official government, then the rockets being fired was a government sanctioned action, i.e. Palestine effectively declared war on Israel.

No matter how sympathetic you might feel towards the citizens, you can't start a war and then complain that the other side is kicking your ass to hard. Its like going into a match with Mike Tyson and then complaining that he's hitting you too hard and thats not fair.

But if you don't want your citizens to die, don't start a war. Not just soldiers die in a war, ever. Thats not how it works, no matter how hard you try. If you don't have the manpower or firepower to start a war then DON'T START A WAR. If you have grievances than you better handle it some other way, because if you start a war you will get your ass kicked. How should have Palestine handled it? I don't know because again, I don't know shit about what's going on there, but somebody in the upper echelons should have thought a little bit harder about what might happen before they started firing their crappy little weapons.

• I'd like to hear a very succinct answer from those who oppose Israel's current policies as to what they SHOULD do to solve this problem. Short, to the point, black and white answers please.

Is that easy enough for you, Rich? If you don't know anything about this subject, why do you even have an opinion?

If I disagree with you I risk being called a brainwashed Muppet and if I ask questions I have no business having an opinion......got it.

Fact is I am no expert on the subject but form my opinions by reading, watching and believe it or not, asking questions....pretty much like everybody else.

You seem to put forth that you know more about the subject than most people.

Obviously, anyone with a brain worthy of having an opinion can see that this 1,000's year old problem can be completely solved with your five word solution.

Did you think withdrawal would end the rocket attacks from Lebanon after 2000?

BTW...what's your name....do I know you??

I assume I do since you refer to me by my government name.

Usual straw dog bullshit...

Disagreement is kosher but rootlesscosmo is like a Scientologist when it comes to Israel.

I do know more about this subject than most people posting in this thread. You don't know more about something than most people?

This isn't an ancient problem. That you would even hazard that notion ("this 1,000's year old problem") reveals your absolute ignorance on this subject. The problem began in 1948. Argue with that, Rock --a man whose ancestors, two millenia ago, lived on your land, comes to claim it? What do you do?

• Somebody help me out here. CNN always assumes that you know what is going on. This shit always seems to come out of nowhere, like the Russia/Georgia thing.

I should, but like many people I work, have a family, hobbies, etc and can't keep my finger on the pulse of the world. Plus I don't know shit about Jews, Israel, Palestine or any of that. Well, I know a little bit, but not enough to understand what is going on.

But what I do know is that SOMEBODY put in the order to start shooting rockets into Israel, right? I mean even Hamas has to have some sort of Command and Control infastructure or chain of command. Somebody decided to "send a message" to Israel and ordered rockets fired, which to me is a declaration of war. Now that Hamas represent Palestine's official government, then the rockets being fired was a government sanctioned action, i.e. Palestine effectively declared war on Israel.

No matter how sympathetic you might feel towards the citizens, you can't start a war and then complain that the other side is kicking your ass to hard. Its like going into a match with Mike Tyson and then complaining that he's hitting you too hard and thats not fair.

But if you don't want your citizens to die, don't start a war. Not just soldiers die in a war, ever. Thats not how it works, no matter how hard you try. If you don't have the manpower or firepower to start a war then DON'T START A WAR. If you have grievances than you better handle it some other way, because if you start a war you will get your ass kicked. How should have Palestine handled it? I don't know because again, I don't know shit about what's going on there, but somebody in the upper echelons should have thought a little bit harder about what might happen before they started firing their crappy little weapons.

Dude, this sounds good but it's total Farmer's Almanack common-sense bullshit. The world is a lot more f*cking complicated. Palestinians are STILL trying to erect a real state and Israel won't let them. Moreover, Israel has tortured these people intermittently for the last fifteen years, with the intensity of assaults growing...

People are inherently conservative. You seem like a nice smart guy. Why are you siding with power over people? Have you even once considered what it might be like to be Palestinian?

This is what's crazy about people like Rockadelic. He prides himself on being his own man and yet he's a craven apologist for state power. GTFOOHWTBS.

I see no contradiction in living your life as "your own man" and subscribing to the rule of law.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    a man whose ancestors, two millenia ago, lived on your land, comes to claim it? What do you do?

That's easy. I convince my people to blow themselves up in the other guy's pizza parlors. Duh.

• I'd like to hear a very succinct answer from those who oppose Israel's current policies as to what they SHOULD do to solve this problem. Short, to the point, black and white answers please.

Done. 2005: all Israelis ghost from Gaza. Result: rocket fire from Gaza ever since.

"succinct " enough for you? or maybe they should have evacuated the entire W. Bank at the same time as Gaza, you know, just to "see what happens."

thank the lawrd people like you aren't at the helm; there'd be far, far more dead people.

• This is what's crazy about people like Rockadelic. He prides himself on being his own man and yet he's a craven apologist for state power. GTFOOHWTBS.

I see no contradiction in living your life as "your own man" and subscribing to the rule of law.

And you are -hilariously- very liberal (sic) about what you interpret as "the rule of law". In a perverse way, you love the Law. I feel certain you have fantasies of being sodomized by a judge's black high heels.

• Owwwwwwwwwwwwwww![/selinakyle]

Done. 2005: all Israelis ghost from Gaza. Result: rocket fire from Gaza ever since.

"succinct " enough for you? or maybe they should have evacuated the entire W. Bank at the same time as Gaza, you know, just to "see what happens."

thank the lawrd people like you aren't at the helm; there'd be far, far more dead people.

Truly a compromised termite. Your head must be hollow. I'm thinking of inhabiting it like a steroidal pomegranate.

Goodbye.

• people that use this type of exaggerated and offensive rhetoric ("Netanyahu wants the Palestinians dead and gone") can never explain to me why the Palestinian population in the W. Bank and Gaza (indeed, even within Israel itself) is growing at such an impressive rate.

Because they're f*cking slightly faster than you're killing. I thought you knew?

huh? you really, really believe the "kill 'em all" shit you are attributing to the Israelis? I mean REALLY really?

judging from your posts you live in an alternate reality in which Israel wants all Palestinians dead, has the most powerful army in the universe, and yet inexplicably prefers to negotiate with their leaders, withdraw from their territory and treat their wounded in their hospitals.

Truly a compromised termite. Your head must be hollow. I'm thinking of inhabiting it like a steroidal pomegranate.

Goodbye.

huh? you really, really believe the "kill 'em all" shit you are attributing to the Israelis? I mean REALLY really?

judging from your posts you live in an alternate reality in which Israel wants all Palestinians dead, has the most powerful army in the universe, and yet inexplicably prefers to negotiate with their leaders, withdraw from their territory and treat their wounded in their hospitals.

Like I said, you are a brainwashed muppet plugged with responses. It's pretty cool, really, that you consider yourself an individual subject responding to stimuli when you are you actually just a programmed asshole.

And you are -hilariously- very liberal (sic) about what you interpret as "the rule of law". In a perverse way, you love the Law. I feel certain you have fantasies of being sodomized by a judge's black high heels.

Are you sure they're black??

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Rootless Cosmo wins. I sorta wish the artisan butter man would have made it to the promised 19-page.

people that use this type of exaggerated and offensive rhetoric ("Netanyahu wants the Palestinians dead and gone") can never explain to me why the Palestinian population in the W. Bank and Gaza (indeed, even within Israel itself) is growing at such an impressive rate.

Hey....he was right about my judge/sodomy fantasy.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

Dude, this sounds good but it's total Farmer's Almanack common-sense bullshit. The world is a lot more f*cking complicated. Palestinians are STILL trying to erect a real state and Israel won't let them. Moreover, Israel has tortured these people intermittently for the last fifteen years, with the intensity of assaults growing...

People are inherently conservative. You seem like a nice smart guy. Why are you siding with power over people? Have you even once considered what it might be like to be Palestinian?

I'm not siding with anybody. You could replace these 2 countries with any other 2 countries. I'm thinking strictly strategically at a military level. Now that Hamas is a government entity their band of terrorists/freedomfighters/muskateers/whathaveyou is now officially a military, firing rockets is an official military strike.

Again, somebody, say the "General" must have known or at least anticipated the outcome of their strike. If they knew that civilians would die and they struck anyways then those civilians were considered by Hamas to be an "acceptable loss".

Or, Hamas has no control over its military and is a complete cluster F*ck, in which case they better get their shit together before more of their people die.

people that use this type of exaggerated and offensive rhetoric ("Netanyahu wants the Palestinians dead and gone") can never explain to me why the Palestinian population in the W. Bank and Gaza (indeed, even within Israel itself) is growing at such an impressive rate.

Like I said, you are a brainwashed muppet plugged with responses. It's pretty cool, really, that you consider yourself an individual subject responding to stimuli when you are you actually just a programmed asshole.

Why is it that the self proclaimed intellectuals are always the first ones to lower themselves to name calling??

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Who did Overpriced Artisan Butter used to be before the name change? I'm curious b/w I love your new username.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Anyways, my point was - all politics aside - this wasn't strategically thought out well AT ALL.

• Gary - in all seriousness, they'd rather die.

It's difficult to compare this to - say - Ontario fires rockets at Buffalo, NY! Because the elected representatives of Ontario actually care whether or not huge numbers of Toronto residents die. With Gaza, you're talking about folks who have basically decided they will never be allowed to live with dignity, Israel will never stop blockading/invading/bombing their shit and they will live in this hellhole until the day they die.

And when they die, woooooh shit! Virgins, dude. LOTS of them. And also fruits and honey and stuff, which ranks a far second.

The only real problem with what Israel is doing is that it won't solve the above. That and the dead babies...

I'm not siding with anybody. You could replace these 2 countries with any other 2 countries. I'm thinking strictly strategically at a military level. Now that Hamas is a government entity their band of terrorists/freedomfighters/muskateers/whathaveyou is now officially a military, firing rockets is an official military strike.

Again, somebody, say the "General" must have known or at least anticipated the outcome of their strike. If they knew that civilians would die and they struck anyways then those civilians were considered by Hamas to be an "acceptable loss".

Or, Hamas has no control over its military and is a complete cluster F*ck, in which case they better get their shit together before more of their people die.

But, again... this is like a RISK level assessment of 'The Game of War". Do you really believe this is what it's like?

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

Resisting to protect our own
    Safa Joudeh writing from the occupied Gaza Strip, Live from Palestine, 5 January 2009 [/b]
    http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article10117.shtml

• that's glorious as F*ck

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

But, again... this is like a RISK level assessment of 'The Game of War". Do you really believe this is what it's like?

In a well organized government/military that IS what its like. I have no idea what Hamas' command and control is like, but I'm getting the feeling its almost nothing.

Either they knew what would happen or they didn't. If they knew and were too desperate to care, well, I don't really know what to say to that. The civilians that are dying might not have been feeling quite THAT desperate yet....