NBA PLAYOFFS'08 ALL CAPS EDITION

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Del Harris.....he's already on the payroll and since Avery swept him to the curb he has something to prove.

Del Harris: The man who couldn't do a damn thing with the most talented roster in NBA history.

Truth.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=424

If you want to read about the whole shebang from a longtime Dallas writer who has credible sources. This *is* the conspiracy theorist's angle but I don't think there is too much that he is off-base about.

"The Li'l Johnson"

Blow up that Dallas team

LOL

I am feelin' the presence of Edpowers, Motown, and Harvey (ayo). Yall should be here during the regular!!! I get hella bored, talking to myself.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    We're pretty bored with you too.

• http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=424

If you want to read about the whole shebang from a longtime Dallas writer who has credible sources. This *is* the conspiracy theorist's angle but I don't think there is too much that he is off-base about.

"The Li'l Johnson"

Yeah, Fish is good at gettin' diggs in. I had to chuckle at that one.

• Blow up that Dallas team

Um, seems like they've started. If you can wrap your brain around the fact that Cuban won't trade #41, what else would you have them do?

• Del Harris.....he's already on the payroll and since Avery swept him to the curb he has something to prove.

Del Harris: The man who couldn't do a damn thing with the most talented roster in NBA history.

Are you referring to the pre-Phillip Lakers? I can't recall if Jackson got there for the first year of Shaq or if it was the second.

Harris is no great shakes but he's quite familiar w/ this squad and it's mental makeup. Maybe w/ the right assitants..... But yeah, I doubt if he's that dude to get a team over the hump, especially the sizable one Dallas is seemingly facing.

I'm saying. Dude doesn't even bring the crazy like he used to; it's just an endless parade of blandly uninformed comments.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Blow up that Dallas team

Um, seems like they've started. If you can wrap your brain around the fact that Cuban won't trade #41, what else would you have them do?

Trade Howard

• Blow up that Dallas team

Trade Howard

Hope they can. I heard something on a national show yesterday that referred to his trade value "not being as low as you'd think." If they could get a young big and maybe a guard. Even if they're raw and unrefined type players.

Josh had a rough year. Hurt back, lost some loved ones, they traded his homeboy. It doesn't excuse anything but these dudes are human after all. I think he was done w/ Avery though.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Del Harris.....he's already on the payroll and since Avery swept him to the curb he has something to prove.

Are you referring to the pre-Phillip Lakers? I can't recall if Jackson got there for the first year of Shaq or if it was the second.

97-99 lakers

Shaq was in his fourth year with the Lakers when Phil got there.

I'm saying. Dude doesn't even bring the crazy like he used to; it's just an endless parade of blandly uninformed comments.

"BLANDLY UNINFORMED". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

let's not include "we" (you, faux rillz, and jimbeam collective) are not representative of this thread actually...

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    we need a show of hands or something?

we need a show of hands or something?

let's go. your comments are pretty useless as well. they range anywhere from anal retentive henry abbot styleee to faux rillz-influenced ass-hurtage.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    To me...when it comes to basketball, yuichi seems more informed than either of faux or jimbeam.

but enough about my internet combat skills.

WHO'S COMING OUT OF THE WEST?

IS BOSTON TAKING COMMAND TONIGHT?

To me...when it comes to basketball, yuichi seems more informed than either of faux or jimbeam.
    yeah, he probably is. with totally substantive commentary like "Kidd didn't underachieve. He was handed the keys to a very dynamic team that was still finding its identity " which has layers upon layers of objective meaning, we are all but knaves in the kingdom of lil' yuki's tomes.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    Not the Lakes.

If you call a squeaked-out 5 point win taking command, then yes. I could see this going 7.

That's the thing, it isn't internet-skills related...because faux has definitely got you beat in that department.

It's that you sound like someone who has played ball, while they sound like someones who have read newspapers.

And jonny sounds like someone who's been around the block, whether he's been on actual courts or not.

we are all but knaves in the kingdom of lil' yuki's tomes.

Has faux granted you permission to speak like that on his board?

yeah, he probably is. with totally substantive commentary like "Kidd didn't underachieve. He was handed the keys to a very dynamic team that was still finding its identity " which has layers upon layers of objective meaning, we are all but knaves in the kingdom of lil' yuki's tomes.

"Dynamic" (meaning their offense of the last few years was the most versatile one in the L; learning the nuances is tough) and "Still finding its identity" (meaning, they had to make huge adjustments in few games) is key. Read closely lil Abbott (no rza).

• YOU CAN'T HAVE AN NBA THREAD W/OUT BATMON AND YUKI AND YOU CAN'T HAVE AN NBA THREAD W/OUT DUDES CAPPIN' ON YUKI.

DEAL.

The boy's poasts all read like some sort of computerized post-game quote generator: "handed the keys," "finding its identity," Frickin' "dynamic"(!?)... GTFOOWTBS

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    I don't know, sounds more like an over-exicited 20 something who laughs nervously when schooled on the court.

"Dynamic" (meaning their offense of the last few years was the most versatile one in the L;
    these last few years, including the last couple years, right? those first round exits are definitely a sign of their dynamic/versatile game. i see what you mean now.

learning the nuances is tough)
    yeah, learning to effectively use them appears to be more of a problem here though.
    and "Still finding its identity" (meaning, they had to make huge adjustments in few games) is key.
    there is no way that within the confines of the english language, anyone could reasonably equate those two completely different phrases. (unless, apparently, they've been busy huffin' the contrails...)

Read closely lil Abbott (no rza).
    write better, little stephen.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    and is t. duncan gonna guard t. chandler or d. west?

i like new orleans' chances.

• and is t. duncan gonna guard t. chandler or d. west?

i like new orleans' chances.

I would guess Duncan on West and Oberto/Thomas dealing w/ Chandler. They'll have more success keeping that dude in check than the Mavs did.

gilbert shuts it down for the remaining playoff games.
    http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/04/gilbert_shuts_it_down.html

sucks for the wiz. hopefully, he'll be back in form next season, but he was ineffective so far in the cavs series.