What's YOUR "style"?

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
if theres gonna be fashion threads on here, we might as well discuss our own personal styles before we criticize the world.mainly what you'll find me wearing is either just a plain t-shirt, button-up, or sweathshirt, brown pants or old orange-tab Levi's 517s, and either my everyday black Gola hi-tops or some old 80s/90s hi-tops. nothing tight or baggy usually, really nice and fitted for the most part.lately ive been buying a lot of older streetwear/surf wear. the type of shit i remember my uncles, or myself wearing in the late 80's early 90s. most of it is pretty oversized (as it all was back then.) nothing trendy to it, theres just something about the stuff that brings me to a time that i really wish i could return to now. a lot of my friends tend to not take it seriously or think im joking, but i really am sick of a lot of peoples style and im trying to bring my own thing to the table a little bit. i rarely wear anything new these days. for a bit there i was buying a lot of plain stuff at the mall or whatever, but ive gone back to strictly older stuff. no reason for it really, i just like old stuff, and nearly everything i own is.

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    pre-raphaelite

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    --------------HESH[/b]

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    kswiss/nike, jeans/khakis, polos/button ups/t's

as far as polos, strictly polo or brooks brothers, jeans, whatever fits right which is usually LRG, diesel, five four, shit like that. button ups, whatever looks right. Kswiss, classic only, nike, I like air max 90's and af1's. As far as t's, fuct or some other "stylish" jawns or if it's white t's STRICTLY proclub.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    jeans, shirts (polo or t), nikes...

sometimes cap or jacket

simple.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    Typically, toe to head:

Nike Dunks - Some colorful, some not. It's just a classic design done in about any colorway you could possibly imagine.

Various Levi's. - Typically vintage, worn to shit (by me), and basic hues of muted blue.

Various T-shirts - Ranging the gamut from bright, "loud" and obnoxious to straight black, depending on the day and corresponding kicks

Hoodie or Jacket - Typically solid. Black. Dark Green. Brown. White.

Scarf - usually black or dark.

No hats. Ever

Usually the only color I really rock is in the shirt and shoes, occasionally there's some subtle coordination with the scarf. I like being not too flashy at first glance with the solid or subtle outer layers, but have a little bit of flavor underneath with the shirts.

- Cue comments on how lame dudes discussing fashion on a message board about records in...

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts

pretty much ralph lauren, gore-tex, loose jeans [not baggy], nike's in the spring/summer, timbs/dolos/vasques in the winter, plain grey tee's, half zips, and lots of hats [5 panel mostly]

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    "I call it the art of fighting without fighting"

Just felt appropriate, with the subject title and all

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I've given in to grown and sexy, which is just one of those things. I can't really wear tennis shoes around as much anymore, unless they're really required for something I'm doing. I'm not hating on tennis shoes -- I just phased them out over time without really meaning to.

Over the past few years, I've started buying slip-on Clarks for my casual look. They're comfortable like tennis shoes, and I think there's some dope ones. I'm not talking about these, although I used to rock these 15+ years ago:

But something like these these:

I like shoes without laces, probably because I used to wear these around for many years. This is a very popular kitchen shoe, and I took to wearing them outside of work. Kind of unfashionable, but when you know mostly cooks, they're not going to judge:

Moving away from tennis shoes means I'm not wearing white socks as much anymore, which is another more recent type of thing that is kind of a trip. Never thought dark socks would become my regular look (only with long pants, of course -- I'm not wearing them with bermudas yet). If I do wear tennis shoes, it is a classic adidas soccer-style, or just a classic:

or these:

Guess my age.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

i cant guess how old you are, but i got a pair of those umbro's in black with red and white stripes when i was in high school....

• I wore a Polo sweatshirt, Diesel jeans and a pair of Jordan III's today to work. Easy.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    i cant guess how old you are

Safe to say, I'm much older than you, sir. I've got you beat by almost a couple touchdowns.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I wore an aloha shirt, Diesel jeans and a pair of timbalandz today to work. Easy.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    cross colours all day every day.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    I'd call myself a bit of a dandy.

- Velvet blazers/old tuxedo jackets with a plain hoodie
    - I have a lot of scarfs (usually handmade - a friend just sewed a whole heaps of doilies together for one!)
    - Alice band/ribbon/scarf in my hair some of the time.
    - Faded black jeans, in a few different cuts.
    - low cut v neck tees (I'm broad with a large chest so it helps make me look less like a brick shithouse)
    - flanno's/plaid/paisley/psychedelic button up shirts
    - leather slip ons (my favorite are brown buffalo leather) or thongs (flips flops if you must) in summer, or a couple of different pairs cowboy or motorcycle boots.

Your all going to scream hipster, but trust that the hipsters here clon my style.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    My "style" cant be contained.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

RUDIE CAN'T FAIL

• unityunity 179 Posts
    dunks, 511's and a cardigan. sorry to all you hateurs if those are dick-pants. oh, and of course some super raer t-shirt underneath. because:

pretty much ralph lauren, gore-tex, loose jeans [not baggy], nike's in the spring/summer, timbs/dolos/vasques in the winter, plain grey tee's, half zips, and lots of hats [5 panel mostly]

stuck in the 90s

stuck in the 90s

timeless designs will never get old. people who mentioned clothing like ralph lauren, brooks brothers, levis'...those designers have been in 40+ years and have stood the test of time.

...but i see what you're saying.

stuck in the 90s

timeless designs will never get old. people who mentioned clothing like ralph lauren, brooks brothers, levis'...those designers have been in 40+ years and have stood the test of time.

...but i see what you're saying.

Imaginary Aspirational "Golden Age" steez. Graduate.

yeah uh, sure.

• nessness 249 Posts

says the dude with the neon foamposites...

says the dude with the most neon foamposites...

I own one pair.

• nessness 249 Posts

says the dude with the most neon foamposites...

I own one pair.

before edit it read more like 'with the most fugliest taste in reissue 90's kicks' but i thought i'd reel it in.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I own one pair.

VINDICATED.

yeah uh, sure.