What's YOUR "style"?

Comments

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    oooooh a 'clever' youtube and pic of a pregnancy test.

ur snappin' skills are doodoo.

Check ur wifeys email. i bet she didnt delete her picks of my dick.[/b]

Would have been much funnier.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Polo Ralph Lauren, Brooks Brothers, North Face, Throw backs, New Era fitted, no tight pants, Nordstrom, Air Max 90, 95, 97, AF1, Jordan, Mephisto, Ecco.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    i just like old stuff, and nearly everything i own is.

Word up to that, I've been feeling thrift store stuff again like is was the early 90's.
    I like wearing stuff that I'm not gonna see on every other dude walking down the street.
    I still have lot's of boutiqueish/high end street wear from before being a dad, when I
    had more dough to spend but that stuff is really playing itself out IMHO. So many labels
    and lines it's just getting stoopid and really ugly.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i just like old stuff, and nearly everything i own is.

Word up to that, I've been feeling thrift store stuff again like is was the early 90's.
    I like wearing stuff that I'm not gonna see on every other dude walking down the street.
    I still have lot's of boutiqueish/high end street wear from before being a dad, when I
    had more dough to spend but that stuff is really playing itself out IMHO. So many labels
    and lines it's just getting stoopid and really ugly.

i really wish i had all the vintage t-shirts of mine my parents did not throw away...

i lost some great 70's t's... like 30+ year old iron-on shit w/ silver glitter (for some bullshit college i don't remember), as well as that yellow t-shirt with a dragon on it that all aspiring kung fools had in the early 80's... still have this jordan shirt circ. 1986, as shown on yr girl samantha ronson...

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

B/W

kinda true....

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

B/W

kinda true....
    wrong...

SOI is right.... ray-bans plus 501's plus Fred Perry = MOD FER SHERRRRR.....

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

i rarely wear anything new these days.

I'm going through this huge waste not want not thing where I want to sell or give away anything I don't use or need. When it comes to clothes, between my mom and I we literally have mountains of vintage clothing that doesn't fit or we will never wear. I think there is a few dollars to be made but I have some other ideas for at least some of this stuff.

Most of these things just need a couple minor alterations to make them fit and/or more modern and appealing. I am currently re-creating and copying styles that I LOVE and have already been remixing fabric and existing framework from other pieces. Skirts are easy and I'm planning to make a bunch of dresses into skirts and a bunch of long mom skirts into minis.

In addition to tons of vintage clothes we have tons of vintage patterns. On top of it all we have more Fabric then both combined. I'm serious, its on some crazy semi-hoarder ish. So basically Ive decided that from here on out the only thing new that I'm going to buy is Jeans and lingerie. Shirts, Skirts and Dresses are going to be recycled-remade- added too or fixed.

This is a huge revelation for me. I use to go shopping a lot and I can't even remember the last new thing I bought. It feels great and anything I make for myself is one of kind. The next step is learning how to use the mini serger and making stripper clothes cause there is money in them there hills.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

the working week in black and white, the weekend in red and black

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    hahaha

this thread
    became a classic about threads
    keep on treadin'
    hatreurs deluxxe

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    ALL OVER PRINT! AND A BLACK BASEBALL CAP!

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    I'm lucky I grew up with my Dad working in the fashion industry, so I get alot of stuff free or cheap.

Shoes -- I have about 15 different pairs of sneakers I designed that are tributes to different music genres. All of them in the "vans" style of slip on.

Pants -- Lucky Brand worn until they have holes then buy new one. No shorts...ever

Shirt -- Bulldog Brand in basic colors. Then I do that iron on thing to them using pictures of album covers, and random things I like

sweaters/button up shirts -- thrift store bought

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Work is always jeans (not tight), t-shirt (today a 10 year old Stussy) and adidas or nikes. Purely old-skool kick designs though, nevarr a clown-jizz / HR Geiger, thun. Leave them for a teenage shoplifter.

If the weather is too bad, I'll wear my scuffed teel toe Doc Marten shoes. Wife shoots me the dirty look but I dig the dissonance.

I polish up good for the weekend (although I am doing the grown and sexy events at this point in my life) so nothing too boy-band. Mutton dressed as lamb is NAGL. A gay man said I looked dapper on Saturday - I rest my case.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    My style is best described @ 1:27...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    this thread turned awesome

This thread has got me wearing a smile.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    not a fan of double breasted suits (like the guy on the right), but my work style is very similar to the 1950s steez in Made Men.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    My style is roll that shit, light that shit, smoke it.

• All Black. Sometimes a little dark blue. glasses, shoes. kangol.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

insert hacky sack jpeg

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

insert hacky sack jpeg

Insert reality...

not a fan of double breasted suits (like the guy on the right), but my work style is very similar to the 1950s steez in Made Men.

i used to rock that look in the late 80s ealry 90s, i used Murrays to slick back my hair that could never wash out, and wore vintage Hickey Freeman suits - short jackets and pegged trousers about an inch too short (nobody was making three button or flat front suits), wingtips or loafers, Earnst and Rooster ties with the straight-cut bottoms in batique prints for summer. Monogrammed cuff-links. I think people had a hard time figuring it out, because the shit was all perfect condition and really nice stuff, but it definately wasnt the style of the times, as Granpa Simpson would say.

Now im shooting for the Clint Eastwood look in Dirty Harry, Sport Jacket slax combo, nice tie, loafers.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

"I had a black baby waaaaay before Brangelina or Madonna..."

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    sometimes just a white t and jeans with a sweatshirt or light jacket.
    polo, henry jacobson, joseph abboud or thomas pink.
    clarks or all white sneaks are the mainstay.
    whatever jeans fit (long enough, that is).
    socks and skivies are usually polo.
    crispy baseball cap or applejack.
    usually some facial hair.
    maybe a chain.
    brush fade.
    fly.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    I rocked the Tweed "Harry Callaghan" Sports Jacket over hoodie and Reebok sports trousers back in '92.

My all-time worst was ripped-of-at-the-knee, Robinson-Crusoe jeans shorts with Sergio Tacchini jumper over lime Pierre Cardin polo shirt. And shaved head.

Teenage kicks wouldn't be kicks if you weren't stupid.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

i used to rock that look in the late 80s ealry 90s, i used Murrays to slick back my hair that could never wash out, and wore vintage Hickey Freeman suits - short jackets and pegged trousers about an inch too short (nobody was making three button or flat front suits), wingtips or loafers, Earnst and Rooster ties with the straight-cut bottoms in batique prints for summer. Monogrammed cuff-links. I think people had a hard time figuring it out, because the shit was all perfect condition and really nice stuff, but it definately wasnt the style of the times, as Granpa Simpson would say.

i should have excluded the pat riley haircut though, that is def not my style (buzzed to a #1). but, i gotta give it up to you on the wardrobe, especially for back in the late 80s, when big shoulder pads and baggy aramani suits were the trend.

co-sign on shorter jackets, but strictly 2 button, and flant front pants with no to little break. i also have a few vintage rooster ties that are about 2.5" in width.

do you still wear this stuff?

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Trailer Park Desert Survivor Tecate in a Coozie Steez. F*ck a Polo. What you know about East County?

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

Monogram french cuffs are def good look but IMO hard to pull off for someone under the age of 40 without looking like a wannabee Gordon Gekko douche.