Cock sauce appreciation

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Nuff said.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    That Sirriaccha stuff is good but u guys seem to rep it every four months on here.

Homeade Hot Sauce is the new black.

• tabasco pwns all.

Not sure if it pwns all but it definitely is my fave all around hot sauce. The cock shit is good as well I can't lie.

• I ride HEAVILY for this:

It's a little thicker than just hot sauce...the the heat and flavor are .

Definitely no .

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

cant go wrong wiht:

best avoid this crap:

Black people and southerners would disagree with this assessment.

Seriously. I keep this in my stash. Its a classic, but the more you investigate the various styles of hot sauce coming from different parts of the world, Tabasco is watery thin and too bitter.

Its basically Cayenne Peppers blended w/ Vinegar. It lacks complexity. Sometimes thats all u need in a certain dish or as a condiment, but in no way am i reaching for this First when n' my Hot sauce stash at home.

Tabasco is like the Budweiser of hot sauces. When u get ur game up, where it really ranks among hot sauce isnt that high.

There's some trash in this thread.

Hot sauce shouldn't be judged on "heat" but rather taste. Tabasco tastes like shit and isn't that hot.

Sriracha is superdope on the right things. But if you're asking Huy Fong foods chili sauce tops sriracha in heat, taste and overall usability.

All these ja-fakin sauces up in here? Stop that.

What you need is

Scotch bonnet peppers are extremely hot but used lightly, it can be versatile and enhances the flavor of EVERYTHING.

Whenever friends go away i ask them to bring me back some regional specific hot sauze.

My co-worker brough back a "Private Press/Homeade/Street Vendor/Abuela's House/ Type Hot sauce from South America. It was a regular sized bottle w/ a thin sticker as the label w/ Bic Pen handwriting for the description. It was the most well rounded Hot sauce i ever tasted. Pic later. I still have a few oz left.

I fux w/ Dave's Insanity Sauce but its not a condiment. Its something u drip into a stew to bang up the flavor.

• ...on scrambled eggs.

• Gotta get with Miss Anna's Hot Sauce. I have the one to your left at home, it is curry based, really hot, but tasty.

This one is really good too, mustard base.

Looks generic and touristy but I ride, very flavorful.

No picture but Matouk's from Trinidad make really good hot sauce.

Peep for more knowledge on Caribbean hot sauces and place an order, these are good peoples.

Gotta get with Miss Anna's Hot Sauce & Matouk's from Trinidad make really good hot sauce.

Matouk's you can find in local supermarkets but Miss Anna's i get brought to me by my friend who go in and out from St. Croix.

• MARIE SHARP'S

• edubedub 715 Posts
    MARIE SHARP'S

YOU BETTER BELIZE IT!

didn't we just have a hotsauce thread last week?:

MARIE SHARP'S

• cant go wrong wiht:

best avoid this crap:

Black people and southerners would disagree with this assessment.

And Cajuns.

I grew up on Tabasco's and will always be partial to it, as the old bottles said "New Iberia" (Avery Island is part of New Iberia...sort of) and that's where all my family's from. But Cashless is right when he says that many, many people prefer Crystal.

Years ago, my grandma (RIP) hooked my older brother up with a little unmarked jar of what looked sort of like shredded beef jerky. Upon closer inspection, it was revealed that it was the pulp of the peppers used to make Tabasco. I guess she had a hookup at the plant.

A tiny pinch of it was plenty for a whole bowl of gumbo. Really killer stuff!

On a slightly different note:

Salsa Valentina is incredible on any seafood--especially ceviche (ask for it at your favorite Mexican spot next time)--and eggs.

• I'm just about to buy some Sriracha on eBay now. Going to bulk out my order with some dill pickles and cola bottles.

Look what you made me doooooo.

• Hot sauce shouldn't be judged on "heat" but rather taste.

I agree. It should be about the way it complements or augments the flavor of the things you put it on. On that tip, even though it's basically a watered-down version of a jerk sauce, it's got a really nice hint of garlic in it and (same goes for its more popular brother Red Devil) I like the vinegariness of it.

My favorite hot sauce over all is the stuff they bottle at Taza D'Oro in Chelsea. They don't sell it as far as I know, and I just feel foul boosting a bottle from my table (although I am sure many have done so).

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Hot sauce shouldn't be judged on "heat" but rather taste.

I agree. It should be about the way it complements or augments the flavor of the things you put it on. On that tip, even though it's basically a watered-down version of a jerk sauce, it's got a really nice hint of garlic in it and (same goes for its more popular brother Red Devil) I like the vinegariness of it.

My favorite hot sauce over all is the stuff they bottle at Taza D'Oro in Chelsea. They don't sell it as far as I know, and I just feel foul boosting a bottle from my table (although I am sure many have done so).

Trappey's Louisiana Hot Sauce is my shit too. Not hot at all and a little watery, but perfect for adding flavor.
    Batmon is fuck.ing running things over here! Thats what I wanted to see in this thread.

• Lots of good choices in this thread, although I've always been a little bored with Tabasko. I know it's classic and all, and I'm not a "RAGING HOTT CAN YOU HANDLE IT???" extreme hotsauce guy, but it bores me a bit. Maybe I'm not Cajun enough.

Anyway, some personal favorites I haven't seen in here:

Bustelos Chipotle Oak Sauce from my neck of the woods on the North Coast (California). Unfortunately, the guy behind the operation died a year or two ago so there's nothing new being produced, but you can find it around, especially in smaller shops. I stocked up at the Hardware store in Occidental, CA so I've got my six bottles.

I'll be sad when it's all gone. It's got a nice blend of vinegar and smoky peppers and while it's not too hot, that just means you can flavor things up nice.

Easier to find, and in a similar thick, brown, smoky vein is Pickapeppa. You should
    be able to find this in most supermarkets. I love it on scrambled eggs.

Another smaller brand worth looking into is Greene's Gourmet out of Vermont. Nothing
    to flashy, but tasty nonetheless. I'm partial to the Texas Chipotle, but I guess I
    tend towards the smoky in general.

Looks generic and touristy but I ride, very flavorful.

I'll also cosine this one. The packaging is cornball, but the ginger and the mustard-based yellow Carribbee sauce are worth the time.

• oh shit...i forgot about pickapeppa....probably my favorite hotsauce (not too hot though). flavors are exquisite (think they got mango and tamarind init. best thing for a jamaican patty

those riding for crystal...dont judge a hotsauce by how many people like it. that shit is salty (main reason why people like it) and doesnt have much flavor or heat:

those riding for crystal...dont judge a hotsauce by how many people like it. that shit is salty (main reason why people like it) and doesnt have much flavor or heat:

We're not going off some popularity contest. We actually like it better here in the south where American hotsauce is from. Not to mention that Tabasco has almost no appeal amoung southern Blacks, due to it bitter, yet relevant, taste. Tabasco is about as equally salty, but that salty taste is drowned out by the vinegar.

You will not find Tabasco at any Soul food/Black BBQ restaurant here in Houston. It would never get used, not because of some unwritten rule, it's not complimentary to the taste of the food.

Tabasco makes everything taste like tabasco.

• This thread being named "COCK SAUCE APPRECIATION" I don't know about this one

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This thread being named "COCK SAUCE APPRECIATION" I don't know about this one

BOW DOWN

• this stuff is delicious on fresh vegetables like carrots, cucumbers, jicama, daikon. great in the summer time, or on a hot winters day.

ps

its not hot sauce in the traditional sense. its paste

• is pickapeppa really hotsauce though? Seems more like a steaksauce or something. It is my favorite shit ever though.

Anyone here had Lizano sauce... its costa rican... that shit is Frickin' bangin.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    is pickapeppa really hotsauce though? Seems more like a steaksauce

You are right.
    But they have a pepper sauce in their product line also.
    http://www.pickapeppajamaica.com/