Cock sauce appreciation

124»

Comments

• Represent some local Aussie sauce

Australia???s World Champion Chilli Sauce

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Byron Bay Chilli Company???s Fiery Coconut Chilli Sauce has just been awarded the 2007 Grand Prize at the annual ???Scovie??? Competition in America .

Their creamy blend of coconut, chilli, curry and ginger must have hit all the right taste buds of the judges who took part in the blind test.

Voted best of the over 700 professional hot sauce entries, Byron Bay Chilli Company is already well known in Albuquerque , having taken out first place in the ???International BBQ Sauce??? category several times in the last five years.

The Scovie competition, a nickname based on Wilbur Scoville, who invented the heat scale for chillies, is run by Dave Dewitt, editor and publisher of Fiery-Foods and BBQ Magazine. See www.fiery-foods.com Winning this contest is the ultimate industry recognition for a chilli sauce.

When queried about the results Dave said, "I am thrilled that an Australian sauce won the Grand Prize. It proves the true international scope of the Scovie Awards Competition."

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    squirted cock sauce all over my eggs this AM.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    I remember reading an article about one of the heirs to the Red Bull fortune getting into all sorts of trouble in Thailand, running people over in his Lambo n' shit. Made me think...I wonder what kind of crazy shit the Sriracha peeps get up to.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Anyone try those Sriracha chips? Any good?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    squirted cock sauce all over my eggs this AM.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    damn where'd you get that?

• DOR said:

Good but need to be hotter.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    batmon said:
    This thread makes me want to make my own hot sauce. Does anyone have recipes they want to share?

habaneros
    thyme
    salt
    onions
    garlic
    carrots

put in a food processor & then add to a saucepan/ let it simmer for about a haff an hour.

put it back into a blender w/ some vinegar(any type) blend ...cool...Bottle.

u can add ginger,oregano,peppercorns,honey,brown sugar...

Keep it simple.

i starting making my own hot sauce and i use a pretty similar method... i had a batch come out tasting close to sriacha actually... mix of red haberno and scotch bonnet peppers deseeded and then run thru the food processor... added onion and garlic... a little water, a little vinegar, a little salt, a little sugar... i prob put a few others thing in too, but can't remember... simmered it for an hour or so, and yeah a thick red spicy sauce that tastes close to cock sauce...

the next thing i want to try is fermenting the peppers first, which is what you need to do to get a tabasco style sauce...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I've been using this lately. Similar to Sriracha but it's got it's own thing going on. Definitely worth checking.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    p_gunn said:
    the next thing i want to try is fermenting the peppers first, which is what you need to do to get a tabasco style sauce...

this is the hot sauce people use in the north of Brazil:

peppers + fermented yucca juice. this stuff is amazing.

I bring it up only because I've been told the proper way to store it is not in the fridge, but somewhere in the house where it will it get some sun. People just keep the stuff fermenting until it runs out.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    beautiful

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    I had a roommate who was into hot sauces, people would give her bottles every once in a while. One time she got some Caribbean type sauce that was more carrot and ginger based, that stuff was delicious. Not too spicy, but really flavorful. Someone else gave her a bottle of Mamoun's hot sauce which was pretty nice, I think maybe that's closer to harissa.

I also ride for this stuff:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I gotta try the Bitter Melon angle.

• ppadilha said:

anything 'piri piri' never ceases to get a laugh out of me. it's the term they use in japan for the sensation your butt feels after too much spicy food.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    love that brazilian sauce
    my dad makes his own madasgaran recipe but it's more of a chilipate/pesto hybrid than a straight sauce
    i've added chillis steeped olive oil to a pepperonatta mix to make it more liquid for my pizza hautsauce recently!!

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    ppadilha said:

Piri Piri is great!

I had some Molho de Pimenta alongside a bolinho de bacalhau that was pretty much :game_over:

Not a traditional hawt saws (peppercorns versus hot peppers), but still had a real nice kick to it. Had to drink plenty of chopp, of course!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    damn where'd you get that?

etsy. got it as a gift for a friend, but now i kinda want one.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Never messed with combo cayenne/habanero hot sauces beyond tasting them and then immediately dismissing them...that is, until I encountered this one (green label on the right) by Bulliard's...

So friggin good on eggs.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    countmacula said:
    DOR said:

Good but need to be hotter.

i saw those today & wanna try them. out of dumb fascination i got the "chicken & waffles" Lays instead. i advise against repeating my mistake.